TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020-MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

Was She Murdered? Inside the Mysterious Death of an Instagram Influencer Found Along Tx. Roadside

Was She Murdered? Inside the Mysterious Death of an Instagram Influencer Found Along Tx. Roadside
Authorities are investigating whether Alexis Sharkey was murdered after her body was found in some bushes

By Steve Helling
December 09, 2020 09:57 AM

snipped

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, Alexis Sharkey left her apartment and vanished without a trace.

When she didn't return, her husband, Tom, began reaching out to Alexis’ friends and family members, asking them if they had seen the vivacious young woman who had become a well-known Instagram influencer.

Tom Sharkey did not report his wife missing, but a friend notified police. “We are so very desperate,” her mother wrote on Facebook on November 28. “Please help us find her and bring her home.”
more at link

Ex-US prosecutor says electronic forensics ‘paramount’ in solving death of Alexis Sharkey

Johnston said investigators will likely try to obtain the electronic devices of possible suspects or people Sharkey “dealt with the most.”

“Forensic electronics would be in the early part of it because it often leads to good evidence and it also is somewhat time-sensitive. Sometimes it’s harder to get that history from electronics and from service providers with time, so you kind of need to move pretty quickly on that,” Johnston said

Death of Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey: Where does the investigation stand?
snipped
Death of Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey: Where does the investigation stand?
By Steve Campion
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 10:41PM
Ad Duration00:14
Current time00:00Seek% buffered
00:00
Duration00:42Volume
EMBED <>More Videos
<iframe width="476" height="267" src="https://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=8777517" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It's been more than two weeks since a Houston Instagram influencer was found dead and questions surrounding her death remain unanswered.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- It's been more than two weeks since a Houston Instagram influencer was found dead and questions surrounding her death remain unanswered.

Alexis Sharkey, a 26-year-old who moved to Houston in January, was found dead on the side of a road on Nov. 28 in west Houston. Her story has since gained national attention.

READ MORE: What we know about the Houston influencer found dead

This week, Eyewitness News contacted HPD investigators to check on the status of the investigation. They tell ABC13 Sharkey's cause of death is pending an autopsy by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Loved ones held a private viewing for Alexis Sharkey on Friday in Pennsylvania. Close friends described the viewing for the Instagram sensation as intimate, emotional and difficult.

Ally Cale shared video from inside the viewing. It showed candles lit in front of pictures of their beloved friend. Christmas lights adorned the table with a portrait of Alexis on display. Cale told ABC13 they're simultaneously grieving and searching for justice.

"We're trying to figure out what this new normal is for us without her being here," said Cale. "It was something that Lexi ... I feel like would have been proud of. Just how everyone came together, how close and intimate it was."

Cale said friends and family were able to see Sharkey one last time at the viewing. She said Alexis' family plans on having a big memorial next year.

Cale revealed Sharkey's husband Tom wasn't invited to the viewing.
snipped
Houston employee describes finding Alexis Sharkey's body

HOUSTON - The death of Houston Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey is still a mystery more than three weeks after her naked body was found in a ditch near the Katy Freeway.

Sharkey’s mother is opening up for the first time about the struggle she went through to see her daughter’s body for a final goodbye.

"I didn’t think I was gonna get her, and I had actually given up hope, when all of the sudden the forensics lab called me," said Stacey Robinault.

Sharkey’s mom told FOX 26 she didn’t think she’d get to see her daughter again, as one week turned into two with no ability to plan a funeral. Her husband, Thomas Sharkey, was listed as next of kin.

"As her husband, he would have primary custody of what determined what happened with her, and he had said all along that he was willing to let her come home," said Robinault.

Robinault wanted to bring her daughter home for a funeral in her hometown in Pennsylvania--Sharkey had only lived in Houston for about a year--but she couldn’t do anything without next of kin approval, and she says Tom stopped cooperating.
---
After two weeks with no action from Tom, the medical examiner changed next of kin custody to Lexi’s mom, and on Friday they finally had a viewing.

---

Some of Lexi’s closest friends flew up to Houston to say their final goodbyes at the viewing.

Mother of Alexis Sharkey describes fight to get custody of the Instagram influencer’s body
snipped more at link

Dec 9, 2020/ update Jan 19, 2021

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, Alexis Sharkey left her apartment and vanished without a trace.

When she didn't return, her husband, Tom, began reaching out to Alexis’ friends and family members, asking them if they had seen the vivacious young woman who had become a well-known Instagram influencer.

Tom Sharkey did not report his wife missing, but a friend notified police. “We are so very desperate,” her mother wrote on Facebook on November 28. “Please help us find her and bring her home.”

[..]

Friends tell PEOPLE that Alexis and Tom Sharkey were having marital problems, but she had not yet filed for divorce. (Tom has denied those rumors.) Internet commenters soon began pointing fingers at Tom, prompting him to take to social media to defend himself.

"While some of you were posting on social media helping us locate my world, others were wasting time talking about other things," he wrote on Facebook. "Basically crap talk! You all should be ashamed of yourselves! I have been assisting the deputies and making phone calls to fine [sic] out what happened to my wife. Next time, stop and think! And realize you don’t know it all!”

[..]

Social media influencer Alexis Sharkey's death was a homicide by strangulation, authorities announced Tuesday.

The announcement was made by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences following Sharkey's autopsy. The nude body of the 26-year-old influencer was found by a sanitation truck employee alongside a Houston road on November 28 -- two days after she first went missing.

The day before she disappeared, Alexis spent Thanksgiving morning with her husband at their Houston-area apartment before stopping by a friend's house for dinner.

The last time friends heard from Alexis --who sold products for Monat, a multi-level marketing company that sells skin-care, hair and hygiene products -- was Friday evening.

Who is Alexis Sharkey’s husband Tom Sharkey?

Dec 12, 2020

The widower called her "the most amazing woman" in a tribute on social media.

He is 49 years old and was raised in his hometown of Fort Myers, Florida.

Alexis often posted about her husband.

After she was found dead, he took to social media to share a string of posts with her pictures and talk about his heartbreak.

NINTCHDBPICT000623104192-2.jpg

He added: "You made life so incredible! Made sense of my existence! My purpose! And showed me how to truly love!"

[..]

Houston cops said investigations into her death are ongoing and an autopsy has been ordered.

It is believed that Alexis did not take her car before going missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back