TX TX - Austin, UnkMale pre-50s, UP117234, found in retention pond behind grocery store, Dec '23

lightofmine99

♞Ⅸ
Reaction score
AUSTINTX - Copy.png
Zip code area where John Doe was found, 78745.
Case Numbers:
  • NamUs: #UP117234
  • ME/C: ME 23-07159
  • Doe Network - N/A
Overview:
  • Date Body Found: December 2, 2023
  • NamUs Created: February 29, 2024
  • PMI: UNKNOWN
  • State of Remains: "moderate decomposition"
  • Cause of Death: UNKNOWN
Demographics / Physical:
  • Sex: Male
  • Race/Ethnicity: UNKNOWN
  • Height: 4'11"
  • Weight: 117 lbs
  • Hair: Black, thick, short
  • Eye: UNKNOWN
  • Characteristics: goatee with stubble
  • Clothing: "American Eagle" denim pants (30x30); plain grey "Lucky Horse" shirt (Large); Brooks "Adrenaline" sneakers (13)
Circumstances:
At approximately 13:21 hrs on 12/02/2023, security personnel of a grocery store discovered the decedent unresponsive inside of a culvert in the retention pond behind the business; the decedent was face down and submerged in water. 911 was contacted and the decedent was recovered in a state of moderate decomposition.
Contacts:
Austin Police Department: (512) 974-5250
Travis County Medical Examiner: (512) 854-9599

What threw me off was basically the height adult - pre50s and the height is 4'11. Like I know it is possible seems rare kinda to me
I thought that was interesting too. Like you said there are adult men that short, but it also makes me wonder if he is a teenager. Though I still that would be considered short for a teen male. A 4'11"/5'0" 16 year old male is probably more common than say, a 30 year old that size. MOO.

I thought that was interesting too. Like you said there are adult men that short, but it also makes me wonder if he is a teenager. Though I still that would be considered short for a teen male. A 4'11"/5'0" 16 year old male is probably more common than say, a 30 year old that size. MOO.
Same like 4'11 i would think they more like 12-19 Why? yes I have seen like short boys shorter then a girl. so I don't think that this is an adult but like there are adults thats short but could he be a dwarf?

Same like 4'11 i would think they more like 12-19 Why? yes I have seen like short boys shorter then a girl. so I don't think that this is an adult but like there are adults thats short but could he be a dwarf?
I'm not sure what the criteria is to be considered what we normally think of when picturing a "little person" (or what the current politically correct term for that is). There are different forms of what we call dwarfism.

I once read if you are under 4'11" as an adult, you are legally considered disabled for different reasons. I've met a few people like this, all women. But, you can be 4'10" without having dwarfism. The women I know that are this small are also very skinny. The armchair biologist inside of me would believe that there is probably a genetic reason they are that small, and/or they have thyroid issues. MOO, just speculation based on random tidbits of knowledge I've picked up.

I'm not sure what the criteria is to be considered what we normally think of when picturing a "little person" (or what the current politically correct term for that is). There are different forms of what we call dwarfism.

I once read if you are under 4'11" as an adult, you are legally considered disabled for different reasons. I've met a few people like this, all women. But, you can be 4'10" without having dwarfism. The women I know that are this small are also very skinny. The armchair biologist inside of me would believe that there is probably a genetic reason they are that small, and/or they have thyroid issues. MOO, just speculation based on random tidbits of knowledge I've picked up.
Yea My neice who is actually Small (can't disclose any of her age and stuff) but she is very short for her own age. And now that just belives He got the height from his mother. but if thats actually true let me go ahead and search up for other missing people

Most likey no one had reported him missing yet as i see it since the body was just found 2023

I think he might have been found here at Dittmar and S 1st (after checking grocery stores with ponds behind them). This part of town has a significant Latino population, which could align with the thick black hair.

Attachments

• Dittmar pond & culvert pipe.png
    Dittmar pond & culvert pipe.png
    694.4 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members