TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

Hi There !
I'm currently working on a case involving the disappearance of two 15-year-old girls in Rome in 1983. And, by implication, it is at one point the subject of an (indirect) link with Avon.
As a result, I've been thinking about Renee and her "Sweet Honesty" T-shirt.
The first question, which I've been asking myself for a long time, is that it must not have been cold in Fort Worth around Christmas in 1974 for a young girl to be walking around, dressed only in a T-Shirt, in an open mall.
07ac371e77f5ef7fa6911f4dadddeced--avon-sweets.jpg (Image JPEG, 735 × 492 pixels)
The second thing is more subtle. Does anyone know who would have been the person selling this brand's products around the trio? For example, a reason to go and pick up products ordered for Christmas that day from this person?

Hi There !
I'm currently working on a case involving the disappearance of two 15-year-old girls in Rome in 1983. And, by implication, it is at one point the subject of an (indirect) link with Avon.
The first question, which I've been asking myself for a long time, is that it must not have been cold in Fort Worth around Christmas in 1974 for a young girl to be walking around, dressed only in a T-Shirt, in an open mall.
07ac371e77f5ef7fa6911f4dadddeced--avon-sweets.jpg (Image JPEG, 735 × 492 pixels)
The second thing is more subtle. Does anyone know who would have been the person selling this brand's products around the trio? For example, a reason to go and pick up products ordered for Christmas that day from this person?
Dec 23, 1974 roughly high of 76ºF and a low of 65º.
Avon was sold by many agents from their homes, a mostly part time job for mostly women to earn a little extra money.

Hi There !
Renee had an aunt who sold Avon.

I seem to recall TTs first wive sent an email (to LE ?) back in 2000 outlining the 'pick up' and seeing Rachel at Minot Ave., in the Oldsmobile at around 12.30pm, I think.

I would love to see a copy of that email.
I have an image of it, I've been looking at the rules but not sure if it's OK to post it? Got it from one of the FB pages.

Dec 23, 1974 roughly high of 76ºF and a low of 65º.
RSBM
So, it would've been rather warm. Doubtful anyone was wearing a coat. There were no articles of clothing found in the car except the jeans in the trunk. Hmmm...

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back