Identified! TX - Smith Co, off I-20, WhtFem 20-32, 77UFTX, shirt w/ 'Top Rail Country Music, Dallas, TX', Oct'85 - Sindy Gina Crow

If she was found on the south side of IH-20 which runs E-W then if she was dumped driving through Smith County that would mean coming from the Dallas side, is that correct? Googlemaps tells me Dallas/Ft Worth is 100 miles West. Sorry it's been a few years since I last drove in the US ;)

Several times in the thread there's discussion of Terrie Lynn Hefner, missing from Dallas 1 April 1984 and thought to be travelling East to Louisiana. While it's assumed there's an automatic ruleout on DNA; it's not possible to know for sure, since we can't see if they had the same kind of test run. mpDetails

@MadMcGoo why not email and ask if there is an image of the butterfly? Can't hurt...

If she was found on the south side of IH-20 which runs E-W then if she was dumped driving through Smith County that would mean coming from the Dallas side, is that correct? Googlemaps tells me Dallas/Ft Worth is 100 miles West. Sorry it's been a few years since I last drove in the US ;)

Several times in the thread there's discussion of Terrie Lynn Hefner, missing from Dallas 1 April 1984 and thought to be travelling East to Louisiana. While it's assumed there's an automatic ruleout on DNA; it's not possible to know for sure, since we can't see if they had the same kind of test run. mpDetails

@MadMcGoo why not email and ask if there is an image of the butterfly? Can't hurt...
I had to google the location too and I’m fairly familiar with the state LOL. It’s not where I thought it was, more off the beaten path than I expected. There were a couple of highways or interstates connecting it to larger cities. She could have been from any place, but I do think I20 is the most likely. IMO.

If I get a chance I’ll contact them, I’ve got a long list of agencies I need to contact :confused: If anyone who is in contact with the agency wants to ask, go ahead. That goes for any case I post on ;)

Debra Fardella – The Charley Project
  • Debra Fardella
    • fardella_debra.jpg
    • fardella_debra2.jpg
    • fardella_debra3.jpg
    Fardella, circa 1983
    • Missing Since06/23/1983
    • Missing FromBrooklyn, New York
    • ClassificationMissing
    • SexFemale
    • RaceWhite
    • Age22 years old
    • Height and Weight5'4, 105 pounds
    • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Fardella has scars on both legs. Her nickname is Debbie.
    Details of Disappearance
    Fardella was last seen at Mermaid Avenue and west 23 Street in Brooklyn, New York at 4:30 p.m. on June 23, 1983. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.
    Investigating Agency
    • New York Police Department 212-694-7781
    Source Information

Found some articles on our girl. Her vital stats range quite a bit from article to article. I tried to summarize key points of each. Some things I hadn’t seen mentioned before.

Believed to have been dead 3-6 months.

Believed to be a prostitute who was killed and dumped from a vehicle. Possibly related to the murder of Belinda Gale Brush, found strangled to death about 1.5 miles away from the UID in January 1985.

More clothing and evidence was unearthed during a search the day after the discovery.

She had been dead about 12-15 months. Approx. 20 years old, 5’5”-5’6”, 110-115 pounds, 27 inch waist and 38 inch chest.

Forensic testing did show the woman to be possibly of Indian or Polynesian decent and that she’d been dead about 12-15 months. Tests also showed her to have been about 20-25 years old, 5’5”-5’7”, 110-125 pounds, and had reddish brown hair worn in a ponytail. No visible marks on the skull and she did not appear to have been shot. ETA: Also, they investigated the Top Rail Country Music place on the theory that she may have worked or frequented there. Apparently the lettering was fairly new and in good shape, but the owners said they hadn’t sold that type of shirt there for over 3 years.

She’d been dead 12-18 months, 20-25 years old, 5’3”-5’5”, 125-130 pounds, likely had brown hair and eyes.

Last edited:
I bet she was not Indian or Polynesian...

I think she is. DNA don't lie. I myself have a Fijian/Indian mother and a Caucasian father, yet almost everyone I meet assumes I'm "fully caucasian or maybe hispanic". It'd probably be even less recognizable with this doe considering it's only "descent", usually referring to something a bit further back in the family tree.

Gotta say tho, that first recreation is downright abysmal. I'm glad Koppelman and the newest recreation came out because jeez... even by 1980s clay reconstructions that's bad. Some of these older cases badly need new reconstructions.

Idk why, but "Cathy" reminded me of this Jane Doe. I think it's the ears and chin shape. Cathy was mentioned as a possible candidate for Walker County Jane Doe 1980 before she was I'D as Sherri Jarvis.

Recon 2.jpgCathy.jpgSmithCountyJaneDoe1985_web.jpg

Attachments

• Smith County JD.png
    Smith County JD.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 4
  • JD Recon.jpeg
    JD Recon.jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Recon.jpg
    Recon.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 3

Members online