Identified! TX - Smith Co, off I-20, WhtFem 20-32, 77UFTX, shirt w/ 'Top Rail Country Music, Dallas, TX', Oct'85 - Sindy Gina Crow

The image that I did in 2018 depicted a shirt and logo that I had interpreted based on a written description. Since then, they posted an actual photo of her shirt (a tank top) with the correct logo.

So I recently revised the image to acurately depict her tank top.

Smith County Top Rail Jane Doe.jpg

Recent addition to NamUs. She matches Jane Doe in all but weight, but I wonder if DDP's research has ruled her out. My main concern is the likeness to the reconstructions. I see resemblance in bits of the face, but it doesn't completely look like her.
Cynthia Gayle Kidd
Original
Original

Smith County Jane Doe 77UFTXCynthia Gayle Kidd MP111257
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age20 - 3228
DLC/DODApril - October 1984September 1, 1984
Height5' - 5'55'3 - 5'6
Weight125 - 130 pounds170 pounds
Hair ColorRed, Brown, or Dark BlondeBlonde/Strawberry
Eye ColorUnknownBlue
Distinctive FeaturesUnknown/NoneUnknown/None
CircumstancesFound in brushy gully off IH 20.Last seen in Cisco, TX, on September 1, 1984.
DistanceCisco - Smith County235 miles
Should I let DDP or another agency know about Cynthia, or is it too unlikely?

Recent addition to NamUs. She matches Jane Doe in all but weight, but I wonder if DDP's research has ruled her out. My main concern is the likeness to the reconstructions. I see resemblance in bits of the face, but it doesn't completely look like her.
Cynthia Gayle Kidd
Original
Original

SexFemaleFemale
Age20 - 3228
Height5' - 5'55'3 - 5'6
Eye ColorUnknownBlue
CircumstancesFound in brushy gully off IH 20.Last seen in Cisco, TX, on September 1, 1984.
I think you definitely should. Also, is it just me or does Cynthia look much older than 28?

I think you definitely should. Also, is it just me or does Cynthia look much older than 28?
I agree that she looks older, not in a bad way of course. It's one of the factors that's throwing me off with the reconstruction resemblance, but they wouldn't be able to tell how old she looked based on skeletal remains.

Cynthia Gayle Kidd
Original
Original

SexFemaleFemale
Age20 - 3228
Height5' - 5'55'3 - 5'6
Eye ColorUnknownBlue
Sent this possibility into the Smith County Sheriff's Office.

As always, I would take reconstructions with a very large grain of salt. I can think of fewer cases that DO resemble the person than those that don't. That said, the distance does kind of make me hesitant without knowing more information about her disappearance.

Smith Co. Jane Doe is not Cynthia Kidd, but she has been tentatively identified. I just got an email back. All I know about Smith Co. Jane Doe's likely identity is that she's missing from the DFW area.

I got an email in about September or October, although I must have deleted it when the rule out I had sent in was added to the list on NAMUS, that they were confident in a sixth month time frame. So maybe hold out for April.
I just looked at my email and they never gave me a specific time-frame. I was given the info in December. We can only hope an announcement comes in April.

No news yet?

I came across some photos I had been comparing quite a long time ago and still cant believe how much Colleen Moran looks like this Doe. Just wanted to share before I deleted them.

Looking forward to hearing something soon on her.

1710783485183.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back