UK UK - Charlene Downes, 14, Blackpool England, Nov 2003

ie noticed iin crime reporting there is definite home counys bias charlene probley dident get on the front page beouse she dident live in the south east region is more important than class and race
Charlene didn't make the front page because she was a teenager who pften stayed away from home, plus there was no evidence of an abduction. Also, her parents didn't report her missing for several days. It's young children who make the front pages usually. Jmo
None of the kids in my post lived in the xouth east.

I think that depends on your definition of working class...Sarah Payne, Holly Wells/Jessica Chapman, and Robert Black's victims came from working class families, and all made the front pages. All imo.
James lived in one of the poorest parts of Britain, in the middle of the city to boot. Sarah, Jessica and Holly and two of Black's British victims disappeared in the 'harmless' countryside.

the papers also only publish were the police give them somthing how intrested the press are depends on how intrested the police are how intrested the police are depends if they thinkthere foul play inolved or sheits just a runaway they tend to judge this on weather kids has run away before or not as soon as the knew charlene had stayed away beore they would of put as a run away and they dont brief the press for runaways or pull out all the stops to find them

James lived in one of the poorest parts of Britain, in the middle of the city to boot. Sarah, Jessica and Holly and two of Black's British victims disappeared in the 'harmless' countryside.
Working class people can live (or disappear) in the countryside you know. Two of Black's victims were abducted from cities. I re-iterate that all the kids i mentioned came from working class familys and made the front page.

Last edited:
you woul think the police might take some more intrest considering the peoplel odging with the downes family one of them was on bail for a srious sex crime he was later conicted of and the police must of known this becouse he would o had to report to them pretty often

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back