UK UK - Jack O'Sullivan, 22, left friends after night out, last seen Brunel Lock Road/Brunel Way, Bristol at 3.15am, 2 Mar 2024

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
We've been carrying out searches of the Cumberland Basin area in Bristol as part of our attempts to trace missing man Jack.

CCTV enquiries have now established that Jack was in the area of Brunel Lock Road/Brunel Way at 3.15am on Saturday 2 March, having earlier left friends in Hotwells Road following a night out.

Jack is aged 22, about 5ft 10ins tall and slim with short brown hair. He was wearing a quilted green/brown Barbour jacket over a beige woollen jumper, navy chinos and brown leather trainers with white soles.

We'd like to hear from anyone who was in the Cumberland Basin area in the early hours of Saturday, especially if you were travelling along Brunel Way, Brunel Lock Road or Merchants Road and have any dashcam footage which could help.

If you know where Jack is now, please call 999 and give the reference 5224055172, or ring 101 with any other information.

Screenshot_20240306-185930_Facebook-01.jpeg

Another young man missing following a night out. I fear that like many before him, he'll be found in the water.

I wish that friends stayed together when on a night out, right through to a shared taxi ride home so that everyone stays safe and gets home safe.

Another young man missing following a night out. I fear that like many before him, he'll be found in the water.

I wish that friends stayed together when on a night out, right through to a shared taxi ride home so that everyone stays safe and gets home safe.

[bbm]

yep ... it's such a strange phenominom

At around 5.40am the same day, a figure is spotted on CCTV around Hotwell Road, by the River Avon.

Poor boy I hope he’s found soon so his family can begin to grieve (looking at the area of where he went missing I can only see one outcome and that’s that he ended up in the water)

It’s easy to blame friends in these situations but when alcohol is involved we all have made silly decisions before I’m sure - I remember several times in my youth either myself or one of my friends would be too drunk for the club rather than ruining everyone’s night the drunk person used to just go home.. now I’m older I realise how stupid that was but in your youth you feel invincible

1710878284089.png
''Jack O'Sullivan was last seen at 03:15 GMT in the area of Brunel Lock Road and Brunel Way in Bristol on 2 March.
Avon and Somerset Police Det Insp Jason Chidgey said it was a "extremely distressing time" for Mr O'Sullivan's loved ones.
Officers want to speak to anyone who was driving on the Cumberland Basin around the time of his last sighting.''
1710878378054.png
1710878425163.png
“If you saw Jack after 3.15am on Saturday 2 March, we want to hear from you. He’s described as white, around 5ft 10ins, of slim build, with short brown hair. He was wearing a quilted green/brown Barbour jacket over a beige woollen jumper, with navy chinos and brown leather trainers with white soles.”

View attachment 491601
''Jack O'Sullivan was last seen at 03:15 GMT in the area of Brunel Lock Road and Brunel Way in Bristol on 2 March.
Avon and Somerset Police Det Insp Jason Chidgey said it was a "extremely distressing time" for Mr O'Sullivan's loved ones.
Officers want to speak to anyone who was driving on the Cumberland Basin around the time of his last sighting.''
View attachment 491602
View attachment 491603
“If you saw Jack after 3.15am on Saturday 2 March, we want to hear from you. He’s described as white, around 5ft 10ins, of slim build, with short brown hair. He was wearing a quilted green/brown Barbour jacket over a beige woollen jumper, with navy chinos and brown leather trainers with white soles.”
Sorry I've just noticed the map was already posted! As soon as I saw the area I went straight to Google.

My sentiments exactly…sorry not sure what I did! Double post…:cool:
Here we go again :(

Cumberland Basin

View attachment 491604

Cumberland Basin

View attachment 491604

Cumberland Basin

View attachment 491604

My sentiments exactly! Good to see you Allabouttrial.

• 14 MAR 2024
1710882073806.png
''The parents of a young man who has been missing for nearly two weeks are appealing for the public's help in a "terrible situation". Jack O'Sullivan, 22, had attended a birthday party in Hotwells and was last seen at about 3.15am on Saturday, March 2, in the area of Brunel Lock Road and Brunel Way.
His mum Catherine O'Sullivan said: "We just need to know where he's gone, for our sanity.
"We've been able to ascertain his movements of leaving the party at around 02:53, seeing him attempt to stop taxis and Ubers, and trying to get a lift on two occasions."

''The mum said she stayed up waiting for her son to get back home but fell asleep after he texted her at 1.52am, reassuring her he would find a taxi to get home with. Avon and Somerset Police said that, at 3.24am, Mr O'Sullivan then tried to call a friend who remained at the party.

When the friend returned the call 10 minutes later, he answered but only managed to say "hello" before the line cut out. However, officers said his phone remained active on the Find My Friends app up until 6.44am.''

Sorry I've just noticed the map was already posted! As soon as I saw the area I went straight to Google.
What is going on! Lately it has been one after the other. I have a 15 y/o son-I am already nervous by nature. You lecture on drugs, sex, alcohol…I started on my soap box and went off on a tangent-“ if you drink (don’t), of course don’t drive or take off walking…call! Won’t be in trouble. So many things can happen…accidentally or intentionally…you could be killed or kill someone else…get lost, wander into bad areas, fall in the water..Just please, please be responsible and for God’s sake, use your brain”…my son looked at me and said “ you’ve been on Websleuths…what happened now?”

• 14 MAR 2024
View attachment 491617
''The parents of a young man who has been missing for nearly two weeks are appealing for the public's help in a "terrible situation". Jack O'Sullivan, 22, had attended a birthday party in Hotwells and was last seen at about 3.15am on Saturday, March 2, in the area of Brunel Lock Road and Brunel Way.
His mum Catherine O'Sullivan said: "We just need to know where he's gone, for our sanity.
"We've been able to ascertain his movements of leaving the party at around 02:53, seeing him attempt to stop taxis and Ubers, and trying to get a lift on two occasions."

''The mum said she stayed up waiting for her son to get back home but fell asleep after he texted her at 1.52am, reassuring her he would find a taxi to get home with. Avon and Somerset Police said that, at 3.24am, Mr O'Sullivan then tried to call a friend who remained at the party.

When the friend returned the call 10 minutes later, he answered but only managed to say "hello" before the line cut out. However, officers said his phone remained active on the Find My Friends app up until 6.44am.''
The mums statement is really brave and very real. She knows how this case is going to end basically but the ‘unknown’ is awful.

Hope he’s found soon

'Mar 19, 2024 BRISTOL
The family of missing Bristol man Jack O’Sullivan say the story of his disappearance has “gone global”.The 22 year old has not been seen since the early hours of Saturday 2 March after leaving a house party on the city’s Harbourside.'

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back