UK UK - Jack O'Sullivan, 22, left friends after night out, last seen Brunel Lock Road/Brunel Way, Bristol at 3.15am, 2 Mar 2024

Members of the Bristol community are arranging a search for Jack this Wednesday (April 24) from midday around the area he was last seen in.

Those who are able to take part in the search on Wednesday will be meeting up outside the “Cycling my life” building (the what3words is Rivers.necks.motel) where routes and health and safety procedures will be discussed before the search begins.

[...] TV

If Wednesday’s search is unsuccessful, a second one will be taking place over the weekend.

rbbm
''With approval from Jack's family, Katie Bailey will meet with volunteers near the BW Cycling building on Brunel Way and discuss various search routes from 11.45am on Wednesday (April 24). The searches will then take place from 12.20pm.
View attachment 498843
''Jack was also in possession of an Apple Air Tag in a brown leather case, a Peugeot 108 key fob, his driving license, black card holder and his house key. Referring to Catherine O'Sullivan's belief that Jack would have been passed by 15 vehicles, Katie hopes just one of those drivers or its occupants remembers seeing Jack in the area''
I’m so glad to hear that something is being done. I can’t believe how little press coverage there is. If it was a woman it seems that the coverage is daily. Really hope they find Jack for his mum.

“They didn’t initially go there because they said they had no evidence as Jack wasn’t sighted there, which was very frustrating for us.”
I find it odd that a man is missing and GPS information at a particular address is not considered evidence. Not to begin a debate about missing men versus women, but if this was a missing woman that address would have been searched. Although it is still most probable he somehow ended up in the river, someone could have offered to let him stay at that address and something happened or his phone was found/robbed and was taken back to a particular address while its GPS tracking continued.

His parents are right to question the GPS evidence, because the last cctv footage showed he had already passed the most dangerous section of his journey home and Granby Hill is not in the direction of his home.

I find it odd that a man is missing and GPS information at a particular address is not considered evidence. Not to begin a debate about missing men versus women, but if this was a missing woman that address would have been searched. Although it is still most probable he somehow ended up in the river, someone could have offered to let him stay at that address and something happened or his phone was found/robbed and was taken back to a particular address while its GPS tracking continued.

His parents are right to question the GPS evidence, because the last cctv footage showed he had already passed the most dangerous section of his journey home and Granby Hill is not in the direction of his home.
Absolutely agree. If this was a woman missing they definitely would have searched this address. It’s unacceptable that missing men do not get the same attention, coverage and police input at women.

I find it interesting that they haven’t mentioned anything about the apple airtag’s location.

By Alex Driscoll UPDATED14:21, 27 APR 2024
''Jack’s mother, Catherine O’Sullivan, shared an appeal from the family this month for to help find her son, who she says was passed by 15 vehicles at the time of his appearance on the Plimsoll Bridge in CCTV footage. Anyone with information is urged to contact police via 5224055172.''

'Pictures from the search'​

1714233648133.png
1714233710308.png
1714233802285.png
1714233729747.png

Katie Bailey who coordinated the search posted the following on the search Facebook group yesterday (26th April):

Good morning @everyone.

So yesterday I received some updated information regarding jacks last movement. We now have CCTV AFTER that last dropped call where Jack said ‘Hello’ and it was silent for 58 seconds.
Jack was walking on Bennet way heading back up towards Hotwells. I will try and show you on a map attatched.

He walked from the plimsoll bridge staying on the left hand side I think then he realised the barriers were to high so turned around and walked back up where he was spotted on the CCTV with his back to the suspension bridge heading to where he said and we think he was heading which was back to the party on hotwells Road. This does take Jack further away from the water.

(I was not alone) Last night I went out and I walked this area at 10pm to get a understanding of what and who is down there at this time of night, I also reviewed cctv that was missed by the police so I’m now certain Jack went missing between Bennet way and the beginning of hotwells Road.

The cctv showed a huge amount of traffic for that time of the morning too so I still really hope someone may remember seeing something.

SEARCH TOMORROW AT 12pm MEET AT THE BW CYCLING ON BRUNEL LOCK ROAD ON THE GRASSY AREA. Bring walking sticks, bring water and you’re welcome to bring your dogs too.
Safety talk will start at 12. Walk will begin around 12.20/30.

Thank you again for your continued support.
Katie x
IMG_0685.jpeg

Last edited:
So yesterday I received some updated information regarding jacks last movement. We now have CCTV AFTER that last dropped call where Jack said ‘Hello’ and it was silent for 58 seconds.
Jack was walking on Bennet way heading back up towards Hotwells. I will try and show you on a map attatched.

He walked from the plimsoll bridge staying on the left hand side I think then he realised the barriers were to high so turned around and walked back up where he was spotted on the CCTV with his back to the suspension bridge heading to where he said and we think he was heading which was back to the party on hotwells Road. This does take Jack further away from the water.

Katie x
View attachment 499908
Snipped by me for focus.

I can't make any sense of what is being said here, and being temporarily locked out of Facebook I can't query it directly with the Facebook group. Was he on Bennett Way or Bristol Gate when he was last seen on CCTV? If he was seen with his back to the "suspension bridge" (I think they mean the swing bridge), I guess he was heading generally in a northerly direction, but where exactly was he? What does "heading back TO WHERE HE SAID" mean?

I guess the positive side of this latest sighting is that Jack appears to be heading away from the water.

Snipped by me for focus.

I can't make any sense of what is being said here, and being temporarily locked out of Facebook I can't query it directly with the Facebook group. Was he on Bennett Way or Bristol Gate when he was last seen on CCTV? If he was seen with his back to the "suspension bridge" (I think they mean the swing bridge), I guess he was heading generally in a northerly direction, but where exactly was he? What does "heading back TO WHERE HE SAID" mean?

I guess the positive side of this latest sighting is that Jack appears to be heading away from the water.
He was last seen on Bennett Way walking towards Hotwells. They are hypothesising that he walked down Bristol Gate to get back to the house party or potentially to stay with his brother in Clifton.

Katie Bailey has also commented elsewhere in the Facebook Group that they do not believe that he headed in the direction of home via Brunel Way as he was not picked up on CCTV in that direction.

The “suspension bridge” is the Clifton Suspension Bridge further down the Portway, not the swing bridge.

Hope this helps ☺️

He was last seen on Bennett Way walking towards Hotwells. They are hypothesising that he walked down Bristol Gate to get back to the house party or potentially to stay with his brother in Clifton.

Katie Bailey has also commented elsewhere in the Facebook Group that they do not believe that he headed in the direction of home via Brunel Way as he was not picked up on CCTV in that direction.

The “suspension bridge” is the Clifton Suspension Bridge further down the Portway, not the swing bridge.

Hope this helps ☺️
It helps massively, thanks. I can't believe I didn't realise that they were talking about the Clifton Suspension Bridge here!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back