GUILTY UK - Jodi Jones, 14, Dalkeith, Scotland, 30 June 2003

A very interesting case. I have no idea whether Luke committed the murder or, if not, who did, but it certainly looks as if there is no actual evidence demonstrating his guilt. He was only 14 years old at the time and was treated appallingly by the police; he must have been terrified. In that original interview he asked for his mother and was refused. He asked for a solicitor and was refused. He and his family were then trashed in the British newspapers, day after day for months, until those papers had created a web of exaggerations and lies that made Luke look guilty beyond a doubt. Even now, urban myths circulate all the time about what happened that night and what Luke did, which have their source in those original articles. Other potential evidence and suspects were ignored by the police. They seemed to be determined it was Luke and listened to every rumour, gossip and innuendo going. In fact, there was no DNA at the scene or on Jodi's body linking Luke to the murder and though the murderer must have been covered in blood, no sign of any clean up at Luke's home. Basically the list of holes in the case go and on. In the meantime, if Luke is innocent, then Jodi's killer has never been brought to justice. It deserves a review at least - not least into the police force involved who should be investigated as to the way in which they approached this case. And in case a boy, who has now become a man while held in prison for nineteen years, has been locked up for life for no better reason than good old fashioned prejudice against his teenage taste in music, daft quotes on his school book, and his inability to express himself in the way adults expected him to, when the tragic and extreme situation he found himself in caused him to become so shocked and upset he had to be heavily sedated.
And to add to this, when Luke was checked over by police that day he was said to have dirty hair and dirty finger nails. Essentially unwashed. For him to have ZERO trace of Jodi on him after such a horrifically physical murder is just impossible.
A 14 year old child thrown in jail and forgotten about for nearly 20 years on not one single bit of evidence.

Aug 2023
''After being condemned as "truly wicked" by Judge Lord Nimmo Smith, Mitchell was sentenced to a minimum of 20 years in prison before being considered for parole.

Mitchell has always denied any involvement in the murder of Jodi.

In 2021 documentary, Murder in a Small Town, he protested his innocence once more.

Mitchell told the documentary: “I can’t be more clear. I absolutely did not kill Jodi and I’ve been locked up for a crime I didn’t commit.

“I will not admit to something I’ve not done. I want to clear my name."

from link..
2023 rbbm
“Even accepting that I could not access all of the materials I would have wanted, there is literally nothing – nothing – I could uncover that warranted Luke even being charged with Jodi’s murder, never mind being sent to trial.”

“There is no forensic evidence whatsoever to connect Luke to Jodi’s murder, despite the horrifying way in which she was killed.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie93
Back