UK UK - Robert Williams, 15, Neath, Wales, 22 Mar 2002 *arrest*

13 September 2023
''On what would have been his 37th birthday, she said: "I don't want him out there on his own and we need closure as a family."

'Police say they also searched the national fingerprint and DNA database and checked medical records.

Cheryl said: “Someone out there knows what happened to him. As a mother knowing my child is lying somewhere has destroyed me emotionally and physically. I need to know what happened to him."

In 2011, South Wales Police said that its inquiries had so far been unsuccessful and that "there is tragically no evidence that Robert Williams is alive".

Wow. I hope this actually goes somewhere.

Those arrested were a 59-year-old woman and a 35-year-old man. The 35-year-old man would have been about the same age as Robert. Perhaps a friend? The woman is about the right age to be the 35-year-old's mother/aunt/etc. JMO etc.

Wow. I hope this actually goes somewhere.

Those arrested were a 59-year-old woman and a 35-year-old man. The 35-year-old man would have been about the same age as Robert. Perhaps a friend? The woman is about the right age to be the 35-year-old's mother/aunt/etc. JMO etc.
The school friend who said he saw him maybe?

By Kieren Williams 26 SEP 2023
1695759243950.png
Robert's mother Cheryl Davies launched an appeal for information about her son (
Image:
Wales Online / Media Wales)

''In the reappeal Detective Inspector Dai Butt added: “All outstanding missing person cases remain open and are revisited periodically in case new evidence comes to light. We remain committed to finding out what happened to Robert. I believe that the local community of Aberdulais holds key information that might help us understand what happened to him.

“It is known that Robert attended a house party in Tair Felin, Aberdulais on Saturday 23rd March 2002 where other local people were present. If you were at the party or have any information regarding Robert’s movements or disappearance, we would really like to speak to you. It may seem challenging to recall details from 21 years ago, but no matter how small or insignificant you think the information you hold is, it could prove vital to our investigation and could help provide Robert’s family with much needed closure. All this time without answers has been agony for them – please if you hold information, it is not too late after all this time to come forward.”

Robert Williams, from Resolven, in Neath Port Talbot, went missing on 22 March 2002, aged 15.
A 59-year-old woman and a 35-year-old man were arrested on Tuesday morning and have been bailed.

Det Insp David Butt said: "Robert's mum, Cheryl, has been updated on these arrests and our thoughts are very much with Robert's family."

Hopefully some answers finally coming from this. With the arrested being a man of similar age to Robert in 2002 and an older female I think there’s an obvious assumption to make, IMO at least. I really do hope they’re not people Cheryl has known or been near through the last 20+ years.

#UPDATE | Detectives investigating the disappearance of Robert Williams 21 years ago, have a arrested two people.

Robert, from Resolven, was last seen on March 22, 2002, aged 15.

A 59-year-old woman and a 35-year-old man were arrested yesterday morning (Tuesday, September 26), and have since been bailed for further enquiries.

More information: https://www.south-wales.police.uk/n...obert-williams-who-went-missing-21-years-ago/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw
Back