UK- Two people were shot with crossbow bolts in separate but "linked" attacks, Shoreditch, London, March 2024, *Search for suspect*

dotr

Reaction score
''In the first incident, at 19:44 GMT on 4 March, a 44-year-old woman was hit in the head as she crossed Club Row in Shoreditch, east London.

In the second, at 19:27 GMT on Thursday, a 20-year-old man was struck in the neck on Arnold Circus, about 200ft (60m) away from the first attack.

The Met Police said both victims were treated for their injuries in hospital.

The force added their wounds were not life-threatening or life-changing and they have since been discharged.

In a statement, it added investigators were urgently working to identify a suspect, and said "due to the nature and location of both incidents, they have been linked".
1710706096275.png
“We are keen to hear from the local community. You may have seen something on the days when these offences occurred, or you might have seen or heard something in the local area that you think is suspicious and may be linked to these incidents.”
Anyone with information that could help police is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 6663/14 Mar or Operation Goldwater. To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.''
1710706055964.png

Of all the things! It must be either a very small, ineffective crossbow or the bolts must be clunky, as I can't see life-changing injuries being avoided otherwise. The attacker is clearly aiming for headshots.

Aaaaaaand checking this in the news..... Arrested last night!

Detectives arrested a 47 year old man at 11pm on Sunday in connection with attacks.
He is being questioned at an east London police station and police are keeping an open mind as to potential motive, they said.

A police statement said: “At around 23:00hrs on Sunday, 18 March, as part of the intelligence-led policing operation in response to the crossbow attacks, officers arrested a 47-year old man in Shoreditch.

“He was searched and a knuckle duster and a bottle containing a substance were found. The man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
“Following his arrest officers searched the man's address. They discovered a crossbow, knives and other weapons. These have been seized and sent for forensic analysis. Detailed searches will continue throughout the day.

'Mar 18, 2024
“Kids are sleeping with their parents at the moment because they’re worried they could be next.”Residents near Arnold Circus in Shoreditch are “totally freaked out” following two crossbow attacks in the area in the space of ten days.'

Det Ch Supt James Conway, who is responsible for policing in Hackney and Tower Hamlets, said: “The arrest last night was a significant development in our investigation, but this remains a complex and ongoing policing operation.

"I can also confirm that our enquiries led to the seizure of another crossbow weapon in the period between the two attacks, which is now being dealt with as part of a separate investigation."

Det Ch Supt James Conway, who is responsible for policing in Hackney and Tower Hamlets, said: “The arrest last night was a significant development in our investigation, but this remains a complex and ongoing policing operation.

"I can also confirm that our enquiries led to the seizure of another crossbow weapon in the period between the two attacks, which is now being dealt with as part of a separate investigation."
So they seized another crossbow not connected to the attacks.

Are there people wondering around Sheordich carrying crossbows? Scary

JMO

So they seized another crossbow not connected to the attacks.

Are there people wondering around Sheordich carrying crossbows? Scary

JMO

The Daily Mail reported earlier that they found easy-to-acquire crossbows and bolts on Amazon for thirty quid... I don't like linking DM so I'm keeping an eye for other investigations through different outlets. This seems like an easy weapons category to bring in line with gun control laws in the UK imho.

Though it's illegal for anyone under 18 to purchase or possess a crossbow, age verification checks can be easily swerved on retail sites.

Some crossbows advertising 6.3-inch, 'high-impact' aluminium bolts are available for purchase on Amazon for under £30.

This is terrifying and hits home for me. A few years ago when staying in London, I routinely walked on Club Row (where the woman was shot) and the park area at Arnold Circus (where the man was shot). I even have a photo of my friend as we walked on Club Row.

I can't even imagine the terror. And I hope it doesn't spark copycat crimes.

This is terrifying and hits home for me. A few years ago when staying in London, I routinely walked on Club Row (where the woman was shot) and the park area at Arnold Circus (where the man was shot). I even have a photo of my friend as we walked on Club Row.

I can't even imagine the terror. And I hope it doesn't spark copycat crimes.
I live near Club Row and there is a heavy police presence around the area. On Bethnal Green road I saw police officers questioning people on bikes and I saw a couple of police vans parked near Brick Lane.

Thankfully the police are taking this very seriously.

JMO

That's an older article, I think. I believe the last we heard was that the suspect was released by police and we haven't seen updates since then.

Apologies, on the search bar it listed it as a few days ago but looking on the article it is the 18th March so seemingly nothing new

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat
Back