VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have given them a false last name.

Exactly what I was thinking. If he was born Jay but didn't want to use that name going forward, Jason is close and easy to remember. He could've used a very generic name not wanting to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He could have given them a false last name.

If his parents are on the conservative side, it makes sense why he would distance himself from them, because he seemed to have been a free spirit.

I have never made any contact with the housemates. I find it surprising that none of them remembered his last name.
Thank you for clarifying! I am having trouble keeping up with who are the main players in this :)

Exactly what I was thinking. If he was born Jay but didn't want to use that name going forward, Jason is close and easy to remember. He could've used a very generic name not wanting to be found.

Yup. And actually someone on one of these threads was asking about looking up other names that begin with a C. I wonder if they had a reason for that.

Okay...

What?

Has the ME or any authorities confirmed this?

Dr, do we have anything official from anyone working this case?

Maybe I am being pessismistic, but the information released a few days ago really caused a stir. I'm fearful that this one will too.

Do you know when we will have full confirmation that the Jason in the photos is 'Jason C'?

Grey.

Can anyone confirm a boy by that name was born around the time and in the place that would fit GD's age and background?

Can anyone confirm a boy by that name was born around the time and in the place that would fit GD's age and background?

I tried looking up birth records several times but no one in SC comes up. I'm not sure if SC releases birth records though. FL doesn't release them for 100 years to avoid identity theft.

Greymetal, I had a question along the same lines. Is it correct to say that Grateful Doe is Jay C, or is it more precise to say that you, DrDMike, were able to confirm in a concrete way that Jay C is the person in the photos we believe to be Grateful Doe? Can you explain how you were able to obtain confirmation that the person in the photo is Jay ?

I am not criticizing or picking apart anything. I am just genuinely curious (and precise, it's a character defect), and thrilled that this case might soon be solved.

Greymetal, I had a question along the same lines. Is it correct to say that Grateful Doe is Jay C, or is it more precise to say that you, DrDMike, were able to confirm in a concrete way that Jay C is the person in the photos we believe to be Grateful Doe? Can you explain how you were able to obtain confirmation that the person in the photo is Jay C?

(I am not criticizing or picking apart anything. I am just genuinely curious (and ultra precise, it's a character defect), and thrilled that this case might soon be solved.

I would say that the confirmation provided by DrDMike today is that the young man in our photos, 'Jay/Jason', is 'Jay/Jason C'. Not that he is our Grateful Doe.

I would love for a response to this board when you are available DrD, this has really put everything into a tizzy.

I'm so frustrated. I've followed this case for a long time. I want to see all the UID's get their names back but a few really stick out to me. This being one of them.

The details we aren't privy to are making me crazy.

I'm trying so very hard to patient!

I'm so frustrated. I've followed this case for a long time. I want to see all the UID's get their names back but a few really stick out to me. This being one of them.

The details we aren't privy to are making me crazy.

I'm trying so very hard to patient!

I agree. I would like to wait until ME or LE contact the admin or owners of WS directly before we come to any conclusions.

I think more of us are pretty sure he is the right person. Not just physically, but his personality seems to match the GD as well. To me, knowing the name of the man in the picture is knowing who GD was, no matter if the LE cannot confirm for a while, until the test results came back or smth.

I'm not too sure how many of you will agree.

But right now, this is no longer in our hands. It is in the hands of LE and ME.

The relevant people have been contacted by the individuals who knew our 'Jason'.

We do not have any confirmation from any authority or any individual working on the case that the man in our photos is "Jay/Jason C".

We cannot assume ANYTHING until that is done so. This confirmation is purely up to the ME and LE for now, which I believe all of us respect 100%

As for this post, the mods and admin will action where necessary if information has not been confirmed by them.

I hope you all agree, but for now, please lets not get upset, or in a whirlwind of unconfirmed information. Let's remain calm and focused on Jason and our Grateful Doe :)

Closed for review.

ETA: To try to clarify, three subjects are in question.

1. Grateful Dead Doe

2. The young man named "Jason" (last name unknown) who roomed with three other guys in Illinois during the 1990's. He's the guy in the recently surfaced photos.

3. A young man from SC named "Jay/Jason C". An individual who claims to have known him replied to a Craigslist ad. This person thinks "Jay/Jason C" could be "Jason" in the photos.

At this time, NO identifications or matches have been made. All three might be different individuals. Until there is official confirmation, please carry on as always. No one should be discouraged in their efforts. Just remember to exercise discretion, show respect for others, and use a little common sense.

Thanks.

Bessie

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11378375

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9573980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics