WA - Chase Daniel Jones, 18, kills woman and 3 children in car crash - April 4, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

Andrea Hudson, 38, was driving a van with five children, including two of her own, when the high-speed accident, which involved four vehicles, occurred in King County shortly before 1 p.m. on March 19, the King County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) said. Hudson, along with Matilda Wilcoxson, 13, Eloise Wilcoxson, 12, and Boyd Brown, 12, were pronounced dead at the scene.

Judge Johanna Bender said that Chase Jones, who allegedly crashed his Audi A4 at 112mph into a minivan, was travelling at speeds suitable for a 'NASCAR track.'

Guess who made bond?
bbm
Oh, how awful -- 4 innocent people are dead. And the driver who is said to have caused it, has posted bail.
He was allegedly going 112 mph. He, IMO, is in big trouble.
We'll see how this goes.
And many family members are surely now in mourning and must plan funerals and/or services for their loved ones.

Last edited:
throw away the key!

The documents also state that Jones has been involved in three car crashes where speeding was a factor within the last year. In last month's deadly incident, he was driving a 2015 Audi A4 that he had just bought weeks before. It marked the third car he “totaled in a crash involving speed in 11 months," court documents alleged.

Renton, a suburb of Seattle, hosts several major job providers and is well-developed. South from it, state economy gets worse, and the houses get cheaper. The traffic in Renton area is heavy. Besides enterprises, the area houses a major hospital, the biggest shopping mall in WA, IKEA, several community colleges, Museum of flight, and Boeing Field, an airport. Further down I-5, there is SeaTac, Washington’s main international airport. Via Renton, there goes an alternative way to commute to West Seattle, when its main artery, West Seattle Bridge, is under reconstruction.

Many of us, use Renton roads frequently, and I am one of the community members frequently traveling through Renton. I view Chase to be a danger to public.

The case needs to be discussed. It rapidly becomes controversial here, but it should be about road safety. At what stage do we suspend people’s licenses and send them to retraining classes? I hope we shall have such a discussion as we follow this case.

Regarding the obvious question about his parents’ choice, to provide a new car after each accident. The accused recently graduated from a nearby HS and superficially, appears a very average student. The community seems angry with the parents; I am inclined to view the situation as not-too-uncommon. (JMO: the parents might be burdened with their jobs, the kid is not a troublemaker, just graduated, and they hope that he’ll eventually become independent, because currently, he is obviously not.) Likewise, I am not asking why law enforcement had not suspended his license after accident Nr 2; of three accidents, one was not considered his fault. If you read through the three cases, it does appear that Chase is an unsafe and unbridled driver, but ironically, the driver who was changing the lanes to stay farther from Chase, ended in violation himself. Another accident was the “grand rehearsal” of the last deadly case, but at a lower speed. Unless you are an impaired driver, speeding is not a huge offense here.

But as the result, there are now four victims, three kids and one adult, as well as their grieving families. The community including myself, questions the rationale for the judge’s decision to lower the initial bail of 1 mln USD to 100 K. And, even if Chase’s actions are “a mistake”, they are too costly. What do you do if the person constantly pushes the wrong button? You isolate him from those on the receiving end of his actions.

Personally, I think we are fully allowed to sleuth the perpetrator. Not his family. I do have a question to his defensive driving instructor and examiners, but I don’t think we can get these answers now.

Last edited:

Experts weigh on parents potential liability
Funerals held for the two girls who died

I want to know if he was on his parent's insurance policies and if they were buying him these new/used cars after totaling one after the other.
He definitely needs some prison time.
20-40 years in my opinion, at a minimum.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back