WA WA - Judith Taylor, 28, Anacortes, Dec 11, 1985

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Judith Taylor vanished without trace from her downtown apartment in Anacortes, Washington on December 11, 1985.

- Recent addition to NamUs, please help find a photo and info on Judith

Demographics
Missing Age: 28 Years
Current Age: 63 Years
First Name Judith
Last Name: Taylor
Sex: Female
Height: 4' 10" (58 Inches)
Weight: 93 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: December 11, 1985
NamUs Case Created: November 3, 2020
Last Known Location Map
County: Skagit County
Missing From Tribal Land: No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance: Judith Taylor vanished without trace from her downtown apartment in Anacortes, Washington on December 11, 1985.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Left Eye Color: Green
Right Eye Color: Green

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Transportation
No Information Entered

Investigating Agencies
Anacortes Police Department (360) 293-4684
Agency Case Number:85-2172
No Investigator Entered

I did a quick search of Ancestry and Newspapers and found nothing that stood out to me. There was a Judy Taylor (27) who went missing from Ohio is December 1982, but no matches in or around 1985. ETA: 1982 Judy was found alive.

Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Judith Taylor vanished without trace from her downtown apartment in Anacortes, Washington on December 11, 1985.

- Recent addition to NamUs, please help find a photo and info on Judith

According to local papers her parents surname was Fournier - and she is also listed as "Judith Fournier Taylor" there is a senior Anacortes yearbook from 1975 with a senior "Judith Fournier". Dates, names, and locations align - so this might be her?

Attachments

• Judith.jpg
    Judith.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 14
According to local papers her parents surname was Fournier - and she is also listed as "Judith Fournier Taylor" there is a senior Anacortes yearbook from 1975 with a senior "Judith Fournier". Dates, names, and locations align - so this might be her?

Looks like her to me. I think it's interesting she had an apartment. But was listed as unemployed. Is she possible a street worker? If so I wonder if Gary Ridgeway was involved here. I know he was active in the area at the time.

Last edited:
Looks like her to me. I think it's interesting she had an apartment. But was listed as unemployed. Is she possible a street worker? If so I wonder if Gary Ridgeway was involved here. I know he was active in the area at the time.

He wasn't active in Anacortes, that is waaaay outside his "zone."

Unfortunately, Anacortes is a popular area for tourism and also a small town that has had its fair share of undesirables. Could be related to almost anything out there.

I've been trying to look more into this and have ended up super confused. I'm not sure if there were two Judith Fourniers in the area around the same age, or if the missing Judith is alive.

First of all, I found this listing of camp members in the Bellingham Herald from July 31, 1968. It specifies that "K___ and Judith Fournier" are from Anacortes. This leads me to believe that the camper Judith has a sister named K____.

There is also an article in the Bellingham Herald dated January 8, 1968 which mentions Judith Fournier as a ten year old Anacortes girl who was injured in a bus accident. Her age matches up to the missing Judith.

Images attached, and see next post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_115629_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_115629_Chrome.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240208_121313_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_121313_Chrome.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I can't post articles regarding K____ Fournier due to TOS but they're pretty easy to find and there is one who describes a difficult childhood.

However, I can post this obituary of a Mary Fournier, who has a daughter K____ and also a daughter Judy, with a husband listed whose surname isn't Taylor.

Reading the obituary, and the history of Mary's residences, I initially thought this must be a completely different family because it appears in the obituary that this family didn't come to Washington until the 1990s.

However, there is another daughter, D____ Fournier, mentioned in the obituary, and I've found this article which suggests D____ was in Washington in the 1970's.

Attached are the obituary of Mary and the June 1, 1973 article mentioning D_____.

Are all these same names a coincidence? I can't find anything on the Judy mentioned in the obituary, maybe someone else would have more luck? I don't currently have an Ancestry subscription. I appreciate it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_115723_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_115723_Chrome.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240208_115940_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_115940_Chrome.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors