Identified! WI-Menominee-Reservation-male-23-33-UP113204 - Dean A. Ford

m00dymaxwell

Reaction score
NBC 26: Human remains were discovered on the Menominee Reservation earlier this week.

Menominee Tribal authorities have announced that human remains were discovered in the Menominee forest by a hunter on Monday, October 30.

According to Menominee County Chief Medical Examiner Patrick Roberts, he believes the remains are that of a male individual because of the skull structure.

Roberts says the remains appear to be 5 to 10 years old, and a human skull and a couple other bones were discovered.

Authorities confirm the remains did not match two missing males in Menominee County.

At this point, the Medical Examiner will conduct DNA testing on the skull to learn more.

Wondering if this could possibly be Gene Jacob Cloud Jr.

Cloud was last seen in Jackson County, Wisconsin on January 25, 2012. After he left a girlfriend's residence in Black River Falls, the vehicle he was driving ran off the road got stuck in a ditch on Highway O near the town of Millston.

A police officer witnessed the accident and stopped to offer assistance, but when the officer asked for identification, Cloud ran off into the woods, taking his Dachshund dog with him. The dog was six months old at the time, with short brown fur, and may have been wearing a sweater.

The car Cloud was driving was registered to his girlfriend's sister, and he may have feared the owner would be angry about what had happened. He also had some outstanding warrants for his arrest on minor charges. This may have been why he fled from the police.

Volunteer searchers tracked his footprints for over three miles, through snow that was up to three feet deep in places. The police brought in tracking dogs who traced Cloud's scent to the road, where they lost the trail. He has never been heard from again.

He could have been picked up by somebody driving and taken. It's only an hour's drive from Milton to Menominee. If he were killed that year, his remains would fit closely to the 10-year age mark that the medical examiner says.

also this is my first post and I couldn't find any guides on how to format, so just let me know if I'm supposed to include certain things/format it a certain way
looks good so far, if you'd like you could flag it and get a mod to add the date of discovery and sex (male) to the title! if/when these remains get a NamUs profile, we can get a mod to update the title with age/ethnicity/namus number so it's easy to search for.

NBC 26: Human remains were discovered on the Menominee Reservation earlier this week.

Menominee Tribal authorities have announced that human remains were discovered in the Menominee forest by a hunter on Monday, October 30.

According to Menominee County Chief Medical Examiner Patrick Roberts, he believes the remains are that of a male individual because of the skull structure.

Roberts says the remains appear to be 5 to 10 years old, and a human skull and a couple other bones were discovered.

Authorities confirm the remains did not match two missing males in Menominee County.

At this point, the Medical Examiner will conduct DNA testing on the skull to learn more.
Welcome to Websleuths, @m00dymaxwell!

Now in NamUs as #UP113204

ME/C Case Number 2023-039
Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian, American Indian/Alaska Native
Estimated Age Group Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years) 23-33
Height 5' 7"-6' 5"(67-77 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found October 30, 2023
NamUs Case Created December 15, 2023

Location Found Map

Location Neopit, Wisconsin
County Menominee County
Found On Tribal Land Yes

Circumstances of Recovery Hunter located skeletal remains in a rural area.

Inventory of Remains One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color
Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

Now in NamUs as #UP113204

ME/C Case Number 2023-039
Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian, American Indian/Alaska Native
Estimated Age Group Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years) 23-33
Height 5' 7"-6' 5"(67-77 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found October 30, 2023
NamUs Case Created December 15, 2023

Location Found Map

Location Neopit, Wisconsin
County Menominee County
Found On Tribal Land Yes

Circumstances of Recovery Hunter located skeletal remains in a rural area.

Inventory of Remains One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
I’m confused, wasn’t this a 10 year old boy?

I think these remains could belong to Robert S Lyons:

I found an article that said: Dental records did not match Robert Lyons or Justin Dickenson, so the FBI will conduct DNA testing to determine the identity of the remains.

Possibles:
Jacob Wenzel missing from Oconto WI, which is relatively close, since Oct 2022. This one seems very likely to me.
Nicholas Heitpas missing, vehicle found near Doty, WI around April of 2019. This is who I first thought of. I know his vehicle was found in an area north of the rez, but I don’t know. Possible he was harmed and dumped.

Last edited:
Possibles:
Jacob Wenzel missing from Oconto WI, which is relatively close, since Oct 2022. This one seems very likely to me.
Nicholas Heitpas missing, vehicle found near Doty, WI around April of 2019. This is who I first thought of. I know his vehicle was found in an area north of the rez, but I don’t know. Possible he was harmed and dumped.
I just called both of the case contacts to drop the idea to look into the body found on the reservation, just in case they hadn’t connected yet.

I just called both of the case contacts to drop the idea to look into the body found on the reservation, just in case they hadn’t connected yet.
Possibles:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Adding possible Jon Jacob Morgan. Missing since March of 2020, from King WI (southwest of body found)

I found an article that said: Dental records did not match Robert Lyons or Justin Dickenson, so the FBI will conduct DNA testing to determine the identity of the remains.

Wow those really were my only to suggestions. I hope this gets resolved in 2024..

New article

MENOMINEE INDIAN RESERVATION, Wis. (WBAY) - The Menominee Tribal Police Department is currently investigating human skeletal remains found on the reservation on Monday, Oct. 30, 2023.

On the morning of Oct. 30, a hunter came across human skeletal remains in a rural wooded area. Forensic experts responded to the scene and determined that they belonged to an adult man.

Based on characteristics, the man is estimated to have been White and/or Native American, between 23 and 33 years old at the time of death, and between 5′7 and 6′5 in height. The condition of the bones suggests that the person had been dead for at least one year and at most ten years. However, these are all estimates based on initial observations.

Currently, there is no match to any known missing persons from the surrounding areas with these estimates. If you or anyone you know has any information to assist in this investigation, please call the Menominee Tribal Police Department tipline and leave a message at 715-799-5806.

This is an update to an article from November of 2023.

Popping by to post this new article, but confused as to why it says the UID DOE is female? imo
Jan 11, 2024
''Forensic experts responded to the scene and determined the unidentified human skeletal remains belong to an adult female. ''

Popping by to post this new article, but confused as to why it says the UID DOE is female? imo
Jan 11, 2024
''Forensic experts responded to the scene and determined the unidentified human skeletal remains belong to an adult female. ''
That is confusing. Male or female?

Remains identified as Dean A. Ford (31). He may have resided on the Reservation at the time. Unknown when he went missing.

March 20, 2024

WAUSAU, Wis. (WSAW) - The Menominee Tribal Police Department says human skeletal remains found on tribal land in October have been identified.

Wednesday morning police announced the victim is Dean A. Ford, 31. It wasn’t immediately clear how long Ford had been missing, or how long the remains had been at the site where they were discovered.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KhaosDisciple
Back