Woman in helmet

She's definitely more rounder in the face. But the teeth match up for one. I emailed Murdersquad. I'm leaving her alone.

Btw I looked her up in a yearbook. Her face there is much rounder.

Helmet girl has particular upturned mouth corners just like Leda.
When you click on the link for her profile in the comments, you can see a more recent photo that still bears strong resemblance to Helmet Girl. So I looked her up on Facebook. There are more pics there, young and older.

No rule-outs there either, but I'm still leaning "Close but no cigar." For one thing, Helmet Girl, lovely as she is, has a rather weak chin. It often makes an unexpectedly shallow angle with her neck. Leda has a strong if not jutting chin.

When you click on the link for her profile in the comments, you can see a more recent photo that still bears strong resemblance to Helmet Girl. So I looked her up on Facebook. There are more pics there, young and older.

No rule-outs there either, but I'm still leaning "Close but no cigar." For one thing, Helmet Girl, lovely as she is, has a rather weak chin. It often makes an unexpectedly shallow angle with her neck. Leda has a strong if not jutting chin.

Maybe cigar :) I have seen her too on Facebook. I'll send you the link for the yearbook.

Yes. The yearbook pic after sharpening looks a lot like Helmet Girl. Not totally convinced but the similarities pile up. And no rule-outs.

It's all been linked before, so might as well see what everyone thinks. Here's a cropped version of the girl dancing at a concert in 1970 and Helmet Girl, cropped and rotated from one of the familiar set. If it's a match, she's still alive.2n00zn8-3-Leda 2.jpg

Right, it is near Harvard. (I'm local.)

The young woman in Cambridge looks older/more angular to me, although they look quite a bit alike. They could be related if not the same person?

Right, it is near Harvard. (I'm local.)

The young woman in Cambridge looks older/more angular to me, although they look quite a bit alike. They could be related if not the same person?
Her yearbook pic looks just like her. I can send it to you.

Girl at Woodstock festival 1969 looks a lot like our girl. Even the guy in the background resembles Alcala.

For reference also a sideways pic of Alcala from circa 1980.
I... WOW. That's a really good find! As for the argument on the Alcala side, check out this photo composite I compiled.

Attachments

• 101.png
    101.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 24
Wow...

So if it is the same person dancing in Cambridge AND wearing a helmet in the Alcala series, then the good news is she was removed because she is alive.

However, I think we would probably also agree the woman dancing on the Common is 100% NOT the individual in the foliage.

So following this conclusion, the woman wearing a helmet is not the same person who was photographed in the more disturbing images in the foliage series many of us have also been discussing.

I... WOW. That's a really good find! As for the argument on the Alcala side, check out this photo composite I compiled.

This compilation of images is very interesting. I wonder if there might be any way to confirm this was in fact Alcala at the event on the Cambridge Common? If so, it would dial in the timeline of where he was known to have been in 1970.

The link below notes he was a fugitive from 1968-1971. We know he worked at the camp in NH, and it is an easy drive down the interstate to Boston from same. Was Alcala in Boston prior to his job at the camp? I always wondered how he ended up in such a random, rural area.

Wow...

So if it is the same person dancing in Cambridge AND wearing a helmet in the Alcala series, then the good news is she was removed because she is alive.

However, I think we would probably also agree the woman dancing on the Common is 100% NOT the individual in the foliage.

So following this conclusion, the woman wearing a helmet is not the same person who was photographed in the more disturbing images in the foliage series many of us have also been discussing.
She was removed? Yes! Good news!

Ah, I think I was confused, and the person in the foliage was removed? :(

I don't know, you said the helmet girl was removed. Where do you see the updated list??
I commented based on norest's remarks in related thread. I realized I confused the two photos after. I have not checked in a year or so, but she had a Facebook site at one point related to her book which was up to date. It might be linked to her profile or a topic here? I can try and find it if you're not familiar.

I commented based on norest's remarks in related thread. I realized I confused the two photos after. I have not checked in a year or so, but she had a Facebook site at one point related to her book which was up to date. It might be linked to her profile or a topic here? I can try and find it if you're not familiar.

Yes please!

I think the girl looks a lot like Simone Ridinger. Same hair and hairline, the way it kind of curls up, very similar in the face.

Simone has crossed my mind as a possible Alcala victim before too. We know she posed for photos taken by a guy, and I'm not sure who that was? I don't think it *was* Alcala because I think the photos of her in the long skirt outfit used in her "missing" profiles were taken by the same photographer and given to the family. (I may have this wrong or confused with another case, but am fairly certain this has been mentioned here on Websleuths.)

Also, we know Alcala started a new job in September of 1977 at the LA Times. I'm not sure of the exact start date, and it certainly could have been after Labor Day weekend. He got around. And Simone has always struck me as a free spirit, and open to adventure. Either one or both may have traveled. It doesn't seem likely exactly, but also not impossible. I can absolutely see him approaching her, and it seems as though she was a friendly, talk with everyone type of young person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back