WV - Michael D. Kilmer, 32, hit and run, Martinsburg, 4 September 2018 *Reward*

Conorroche96, welcome aboard.

Interesting first post. A hit and run would be very difficult to gather information on in a meaningful way.

I've watched a lot of security camera, dash camera, and motorcycle helmet camera footage, and I'm surprised how many hit and runs occur. Someone is damaged, and the other driver just keeps going.

Can you post more about the event?

Sure. It happened at an intersection right next to a gas station. The driver ran a red, hit the motorcyclist, killed him, pulled into the gas station to take a look and then drove off. Bystanders saw but never got plates and the has station had never released footage... it also happened directly across from state police station...
Google michael kikmer martinsburg wv and you can find more info

According to the map, the place of the accident (the intersection of Edwin Miller Boulevard and Warm Springs Avenue, next the gas station in Martinsburg, West Virginia) is almost at the on-ramp to Interstate 81. It might be the perpetrator of the crime is not local. He might very well have just driven on to the interstate to his final destination in another state.

Discovery would take someone hearing the man brag about it, or just discuss the event as if it were a normal thing that happens, to then connect their responsibility to report it.

From your post, why wouldn't the gas station release the surveillance video to the police? The event was probably at the level of vehicular homicide, and I'd expect that the West Virginia State Police could compel compliance with a request for evidence. Do you have any insight into this?

Conorroche96, please let us know if you are successful in following up on this. It may take someone local to really engage in the process of filing a request for the footage from the traffic cameras.

I'm wondering if a retired West Virginia or retired Virginia-based investigator or retired law enforcement could reach out to you and help you through the application process to acquire traffic camera footage of that time frame?

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

We have invited a new member to apply for Verification. Their post containing inside information has been removed pending approval as a Verified family member.

Please also note that all members agree to abide by Websleuths Terms of Service (aka The Rules) when they register with the site. Please take a moment to review them. They are linked in my signature line and the two most important to read first are The Rules: Etiquette & Information, and The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remsfled
Back