Zodiac Killer, Long-Sought Bay Area Identified

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Zodiac Killer, Long-Sought Bay Area Serial Murderer, Identified By Cold-Case Task Force
By Bruce Haring
October 6, 2021 5:02pm

A cold-case task force led by former FBI agents and retired law enforcement officials claims they have finally uncovered the identity of the mysterious Zodiac Killer.

The arch criminal terrorized Northern California in the late 1960s in a series of random murders, but grew in notoriety because of his cryptic notes to authorities and media. He has never been identified by authorities, who only recently cracked the code on one of his letters.Investigators with the task force known as the Case Breakers told Fox News that the group has identified the killer as Gary Francis Poste, who died in 2018. The Zodiac Killer has been linked to five murders in 1968 and 1969 in the San Francisco area by the FBI. The Case Breakers also tied Poste to a sixth murder in Southern California. more at link: Zodiac Killer, Bay Area Murderer, Identified By Cold-Case Task Force – Deadline

From the above article:

The Case Breakers new claim on the Zodiac Killer identity stems from new forensic evidence in the case. Photos taken from Poste’s darkroom show scars on his forehead that allegedly match scars on a sketch of the Zodiac.

Additionally, the group claims deciphering the coded letters sent by the Zodiac yielded Poste’s name as the killer. In the letters, he claimed to have killed as many as 37 people. The Case Breakers also claimed to have discovered an alternate message based on Poste’s full name.

“So you’ve got to know Gary’s full name in order to decipher these anagrams,” former Army counterintelligence agent Jen Bucholtz said to Fox. “I just don’t think there’s any other way anybody would have figured it out.”

From the above article:

Additionally, the group claims deciphering the coded letters sent by the Zodiac yielded Poste’s name as the killer. In the letters, he claimed to have killed as many as 37 people. The Case Breakers also claimed to have discovered an alternate message based on Poste’s full name.

Lol. How about some actual evidence?

hasn't this exact same group claimed victory like twice before? dont mean to be skeptical but would like to see the body of evidence they have uncovered to make this announcement, some scars or whatever don't really cut it for me

the cipher evidence is kind of interesting but its still a bit hmm need to see more

happy if they've done it though

Cold case team says Zodiac Killer ID'd, linking him to another murder

Zodiac Killer - Wikipedia
"The FBI subsequently stated that the case remained open, while law enforcement expressed skepticism of the team's findings to the Chronicle. Riverside police officer Ryan Railsback said the Case Breakers' claims largely relied on circumstantial evidence."

Last edited:
I'm also skeptical. This is not a sure thing like the Golden State Killer with familial DNA. This is a theory, nothing convincing. And the news articles I read were garbled, they were hasty, not careful long-form accounts. The news accounts threw in weird things about him running a "posse" - what does that even mean? The Zodiac appeared to act alone. And the Cheri Jo case is not even a definite Zodiac case, but it was somehow thrown into all the news stories.

Maybe this team can lay out its case with some solid evidence.

Who decided that the Zodiac's ciphers were anagrams? Did the Zodiac ever say his ciphers were anagrams? There's no reason to believe he left any anagrams. I hope they have more than claims of anagrams, a vague photo, a head scar that was never brought up by eyewitnesses, and paint on a watch at a murder that isn't officially a Zodiac murder. Because if that's all they have, then it is not much.

Can anyone who wears glasses confirm if these are reading glasses/typewriting because they look like them to me, my theory is that he wasn't actually a glasses wearer. Deffo a disguise imo, he was probably bearded too and only shaved to commit his crimes and be unrecognisable. Also how does anyone with a huge forehead like him not get recognised? He also has deep creases and fine lines, it'd be so easy to identify him?

Attachments

• R (11).jpg
    R (11).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Can anyone who wears glasses confirm if these are reading glasses/typewriting because they look like them to me, my theory is that he wasn't actually a glasses wearer.
Your theory that he wasn't a glasses wearer is probably true. They were called Horn Rim but really they look like plastic sun-glass frames with the lens remover. Or a type of Safety glass's a gun owner may use.
The poster sketch is very detailed and the policeman who saw him confirmed it was the same man.

Y'know, if I was family to one of the victims, I don't know if positively knowing who killed them would give me any consolation, any closure, any anything this late in the game.

Your theory that he wasn't a glasses wearer is probably true. They were called Horn Rim but really they look like plastic sun-glass frames with the lens remover. Or a type of Safety glass's a gun owner may use.
The poster sketch is very detailed and the policeman who saw him confirmed it was the same man.
Its like something out of superman smh

Its like something out of superman
He could have been imitating a character from the movie's. There is Clark Kent, changing to Superman.
Or a Groucho Marx disguise , that is a common disguise. Only glasses without the nose. Which only works as long as, Nobody who knows him saw him.

I see these liars solved the case. Can we agree such bald-faced frauds never get to speak in public again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back