Identified! DC - Washington, WhtFem UP11767, 75-85, in river, Nov'13 - Greta Schussler

Wasn't there a silver alert recently in the general area, md va I thought I read something...

This is so sad.This is awful.Someone must know who she is.She might be someones grand mother.

Wasn't there a silver alert recently in the general area, md va I thought I read something...

I poked around a little when the article about the discovery first came out but couldn't find anything then. I'm hoping to have some time tomorrow to look more.

This is so sad.This is awful.Someone must know who she is.She might be someones grand mother.

I know! She seems so familiar though I'm fairly certain I don't actually know her. I wonder how much being in the water might have modified her appearance.

In the Namus profile it says minimum age 75, but in the press release (article in first post) they say age 65-75.

I wonder since no one reported her missing if she was homeless.

With these elderly cases, I always find it heartbreaking that there might just be no one left who'll miss them. :(

I really hope someone comes up with a tip.

Wait but then this happened in the comments:

"
Alan re:trixiefire • 5 days ago −
She was a a very nice person that I had the pleasure of knowing.She did not have dementia or Alzheimers.
"

Wait but then this happened in the comments:

"
Alan re:trixiefire • 5 days ago −
She was a a very nice person that I had the pleasure of knowing.She did not have dementia or Alzheimers.
"

Well I hope that person contacted LE.

This woman has apparently been identified as Greta Schussler. Response to comments linked above states this and Namus page is no longer accessible. I am unable to confirm this, can anyone else find out if this is true?

I can confirm that there's a permission error on the UID's Namus, so apparently she has been identified.

I found a woman of the right age whose last name is spelled Schuessler who lives in Washington DC about half a mile from where the body was found.

RIP, Ms. Schuessler. She appears to have been active philanthropically, going by the number of times her name appears as a donor in various annual reports for some local nonprofits...I am sure she will be missed!

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post -- I'm not positive that's the same woman. You'd think someone of her stature would have an obituary if it was her. The UID seems to have been identified but I can't find anything to confirm it's who the comment says it is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back