GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this announcement has been handled very well. It understates the danger, makes people feel jerked around. I'm pretty sure this child is involved in something weird, and that's not cool. If she's using her phone, they know about where she is.

I think there is MUCH more to this.... I still really don't believe Abby left of her own accord.... and this investigation IS a criminal investigation... don't forget that.... Also I think that how mom addressed her before Thanksgiving is very telling.... people may assume she is just a runaway, and hey, I'll admit I could be wrong, but I am more apt to think that law enforcement in particular NHSP and the FBI have handled this investigation the best they can, keeping Abby's safety as the forefront of why they are handling this with kid gloves... EVERYONE wants Abby home safely.... she could very well be with someone who is "not right"..... no one wants her to get hurt, just to go home.... personally I am gonna say a lot of extra prayers for her tonight.... I really hope she is still okay and that she will be home soon and that everyone who has cared so much about a girl they never met gets some answers when LE is ready

....does it seem to anyone else that this could be some type of ransom situation?
...therefore LE and parents have to react submissively/delicately?

Just reading the comments on WMUR under the article and it makes me want to smack them upside the head. Regardless of whether she ran away or was abducted, we're talking a 14 year old CHILD, and the danger is the same. I'll be relieved and overjoyed to see her back safely home regardless of how she came to be a missing person. Spitting mad here at anyone who would in ANY way shape or form be angry about her disappearance.

I READ THE COMMENTS TOO and SHAME on anyone who had bad things to say. Thank God that some kind of contact was made. What worries me is that it was not recent contact. Was it that 6:30pm phone call which was reported the day that she vanished then later was reported as an error? If thats the case I am still going to be worried for her every second that she is not home.
I agree with previous comments that someone might have allowed her to make a call so people lose interest in her disappearance when they believe that she is a run away. I still worry for her safety.

I don't think this sounds like Abby is out of the woods yet at all. For example, in the link below it says,

"In a sit-down interview last month with WBZ-TV’s Michael Rosenfield, Abigail’s mother Zenya Hernandez said she believes her daughter got into a car with someone and then quickly realized she was in trouble."

If she had spoken to Abby before this interview, then something that was said might have made her believe that she got into a car with someone and then realized she was in trouble.

Link: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/...ieved-to-be-alive-in-contact-with-her-mother/

Either way, I think this was a bad way to announce this. They need to give a press conference sooner rather than later before people get really upset and feeling like they were duped all along. (which I do NOT think is the case)

jmo

I would be shocked if drugs and sex weren't intimately involved in Abby's disappearance. She's a kid and is likely being exploited in some way. If she was sexually abused as a kid, then THAT created the vulnerability. Just saying...

I pray that she is alive, safe and able to return home soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking she's being held against her will and maybe was made to call her mom after being taken, and that's why the FBI came racing in so quickly. If there is a random demand, or they know she's been kidnapped maybe that explains why it hasn't been treated as a runaway? Is her dad wealthy? Does he have money? Maybe that's why he's not been in the spotlight and stayed anonymous at first, so as to not give the kidnappers any publicity? Just speculation on my part.

Adding facts as reported by MSM:
Abby contacted her mother.
Abby called her mother sometime after her disappearance (via wmur)
The contact was in the "weeks after her disappearance"(via wcvb)
The news conference is for tomorrow at 11am in Concord (via wgme)
The FBI gathered this information 2 weeks ago (via wmur)

IMHO, LE was caught by surprise by a leak that went to the press and now are scrambling to release enough info to satisfy the angry masses and not too much to endanger whatever they think releasing info will endanger... Press conference will be interesting...
I really don't like the way NH handles missing cases based on the ones I have followed. Jmo.

Praying she is still safe and will be home tomorrow.. Maybe a deal is in the making for the person who has abducted her or if she ran away the person who has helped to hide her..

Holy poop! I hope LE finds her.....FAST!

What if......
LE just found out about the contact with mom?
What if....
they didn't know about it

On pins and needles over here.

I hope this information coming out does not put Abigail in harms way.

I think LE will give as little information as possible tomorrow in order to protect Abigail, as this seems to be an extremely sensitive situation.

It is possible LE is controlling the info as they felt there would be an outcry against Abigail and family if it becomes known she simply ran away.

IMHO, LE was caught by surprise by a leak that went to the press and now are scrambling to release enough info to satisfy the angry masses and not too much to endanger whatever they think releasing info will endanger... Press conference will be interesting...
I really don't like the way NH handles missing cases based on the ones I have followed. Jmo.

I think you are right about a leak.

There was that mention of an older boy/man at the very start, and then never mentioned again. Maybe she is with this person and due to her age and possibly his, they were trying to keep it quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member