New "Spirit of Cooperation" Between LE and the BOCO DA

tezi

Proud member of WS since 2000.
Reaction score
This article is worth the read. I just have to say if the Ramseys were indicted today, things would have been different. Obviously, SG is not scared of taking cases to trial. Unlike two other DA's who shall remain nameless.

Here are two highlighted sections...

Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett has focused on taking cases, old and new, to trial, he said.

"I want to have lawyers who are not afraid of going to trial and who are good at going to trial," Garnett said.

Trials allow juries and the public to see the details of the case and the evidence that landed a suspect in a defendant's chair.
A focus on trials "makes everyone involved in law enforcement better," because of the scrutiny, Garnett said.

Longmont police Cmdr. Jeff Satur said the department's relationship with the district attorney's office has helped considerably with cold-case investigations.

Brackley also pointed to that relationship.

"There has been a spirit of collaboration in Boulder County between law enforcement agencies and prosecutors that has never existed in this judicial district," he said.

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-l...ont-police-closure-1999-murder-case-is-latest

Just curious, can this case be put in front of another grand jury again?

I don't see why not, because technically it's still "unsolved" and "cold."

Yep. There's no double jeopardy application to Grand Juries. They can be recalled at any time.

Yep. There's no double jeopardy application to Grand Juries. They can be recalled at any time.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't quite that technical....LOL

BUMP...Am I the only one who finds the article interesting?

I believe Chief Kolar recommended, the last time he spoke publicly about this case (when the indictments results were released), that a new GJ be convened.

I find it QUITE interesting. I wonder how the Ramsey team is feeling.

I find it QUITE interesting. I wonder how the Ramsey team is feeling.

Yes, to be a fly on JR's wall after he read the article...LOL It might come as a surprise to him that it isn't him or his legal team calling shots in the DAs office anymore! LOL

JMO

Is he still in CO? I haven't checked up on him. lol

So his influence has surely faded over the years.

No way, tezi. This is only one of many articles in which Garnett has repudiated the actions and inactions of his predecessors. Not in so many words, of course. That's the nature of politics. But he has done it.

Yes, to be a fly on JR's wall after he read the article...LOL It might come as a surprise to him that it isn't him or his legal team calling shots in the DAs office anymore! LOL

JMO

How true. The gravy train has come to a stop.

No way, tezi. This is only one of many articles in which Garnett has repudiated the actions and inactions of his predecessors. Not in so many words, of course. That's the nature of politics. But he has done it.

Yes, I have read others also SuperDave. Can you imagine if Garnett had been DA on 12/26/1996? The only place the Ramseys would have been going would be downtown (so to speak) to have an interview. There wouldn't have been any of this waiting four months to interview them!

How true. The gravy train has come to a stop.

Yes, sooner or later, we all know the gravy train has to end. I think John Ramsey's turn at the Gravy Train, at the Boulder County District Attorney's Office has ended. I really don't think LeRoy Lincoln Wood much intimidates Stan Garnett.

JMO

I would love to see JR prosecuted, even if it is only for obstructing justice. We all know he's guilty of that much.

Yes, I have read others also SuperDave. Can you imagine if Garnett had been DA on 12/26/1996? The only place the Ramseys would have been going would be downtown (so to speak) to have an interview. There wouldn't have been any of this waiting four months to interview them!

There would not have been a LOT of things, tezi! We might not be typing here today.

Yes, sooner or later, we all know the gravy train has to end. I think John Ramsey's turn at the Gravy Train, at the Boulder County District Attorney's Office has ended. I really don't think LeRoy Lincoln Wood much intimidates Stan Garnett.

JMO

Wood's schoolyard bully approach has limits to its effectiveness.

So his influence has surely faded over the years.

I think Haddon is still his lawyer, and I doubt his (Haddon and his firm) influence has faded in Colorado. Look at how the judge was going to release all 18 pages of the indictment, and then after John's lawyers sent the letter, it went down to only a few pages, at the last minute. IDK if that was because of his lawyers, but it could have been.

I don't agree with the idea that the R's only got away with it because of Hunter and it happened in Boulder. The R's were wealthy, they had a lot of connections...These types of people get away with a lot of things.

Not at all, tezi -- it's a welcome breath of fresh air & hope. Speaking of hope, I hope the DA's records of the 1st go-round are still around, how ever lop-sided they might be. Who knoze what they may have done with them...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back