GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone - I've been lurking for a while and am finally joining the discussion. I'm from New Hampshire and have been following this case since Abby disappeared.

I just read the Christian Science Monitor's article about the press conference regarding Abby's letter, and I found an interesting claim I hadn't seen in other articles about the press conference. The CSM claims that the press release was held after "days of rumors about the letter among volunteers in and around North Conway."(http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/1207/Letter-to-mom-from-missing-NH-teen-Abigail-Hernandez-Is-she-a-runaway-video)

While this is just a small detail that may or may not be true, it's interesting given that a lot of people were speculating that LE was not initially planning on releasing the information about the letter.

What volunteers and how would they have heard about a letter? That is odd.

Also from that same article in the Christian Science Monitor:
The FBI did not share the contents of the letter nor where it was posted. But the main search is concentrated around New Hampshire.

So it would appear they believe she's still in the state.

Somewhere out there are some jerks harboring Abby. Thinking they are doing her good? And making her think they are doing her well? It's ridiculous and everyone needs to be on the lookout for a young girl.
New neighbors. People renting by the day/month etc.
New and needy church members.
A person swathed in hoods, scarves, head/face down always-no eye contact.
Cowed-down in nature.
People who don't venture out of the house until late in day.

The FBI did not share the contents of the letter nor where it was posted. But the main search is concentrated around New Hampshire.

Not a trusted source in my little book of trusted sources.

BBM - Right, but did it state when? We know multiple searches were done originally. Interesting though, does anyone know after the letter was received where searches were being concentrating on?

BBM - Right, but did it state when? We know multiple searches were done originally. Interesting though, does anyone know after the letter was received where searches were being concentrating on?

Just re-read it. I thought it said the main search is "still" concentrated in NH. But it doesn't say that. It just says the main search is concentrated in NH, you're right in that it could mean that the past searches have been concentrated in NH. Good point though, any articles stating where they are searching at present?

Abby, your family misses you so very much...America has just absolutely fallen in love with you.... wherever you are, we are all looking for you and so many people want to help you get home....reach out to your mom, or the police, no matter where you are, or how bad it is make that call, make a run for it if you can do it safely...no one will turn you away. Come home Abby!!!!!

A lot of beautiful posts on here tonight but yours really choked me up.

Unfortunately we have not one new scrap of anything to go on. Is there something we already know that you could suggest we bring back to the discussion that might help? I made up the Rudolph line to try and bring a little grin to all those who have been trying so hard to help bring Abby home.I have recently lost my job of nine years and have been feeling pretty sorry for myself that due to my situation I will not be able to see my only child over the holidays. Then I think of Abby's family and realize I am lucky to know my daughter is safe and warm and fed and happy.I can only hope
that soon she will return to her family safely.
Thanks to all of you for sleuthing, discussing, caring ans yes praying to try to get Abby home.

I'm so sorry to hear about your job. You have a lot of cyber friends who care. Things will get better soon for you. Believe that.

What we can do is keep her face out there, talk to people about her, get people involved... when they do the same it becomes the old, "You tell two people" phenomenon.

Excellent advice. Share on FB. But a link to Abby's case in your email signature page. Tweet about her. It can help.

What makes you assume that someone who would harbor/hold a teenager has gainful employment? And let's not limit surveillance to the Northeast. I think warmer climes, as in, Florida, might be prime territory for high alertness.
(Just my opinion)

Many have been employed. It's odd but possible!

Hey everyone - I've been lurking for a while and am finally joining the discussion. I'm from New Hampshire and have been following this case since Abby disappeared.

I just read the Christian Science Monitor's article about the press conference regarding Abby's letter, and I found an interesting claim I hadn't seen in other articles about the press conference. The CSM claims that the press release was held after "days of rumors about the letter among volunteers in and around North Conway."(http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/1207/Letter-to-mom-from-missing-NH-teen-Abigail-Hernandez-Is-she-a-runaway-video)

While this is just a small detail that may or may not be true, it's interesting given that a lot of people were speculating that LE was not initially planning on releasing the information about the letter.

WELCOME to Websleuths!!!!

:welcome:
Well your Rudolph post made this atheist smile. Hang in there, and keep on reminding yourself of all the good things you still have in life. The holidays are hard enough on people, I feel for you.
As for Abby, I wish it were so simple for her to just come home. I do not believe she can make that choice.

Cheers, friend. I agree about the choice thing, unfortunately.

I think the best thing to do in this case is publicity and asking the public to pay attention. Is a family member or friend acting strangely? Are they suddenly barring access to their home or parts of their home? Are they avoiding loved ones suddenly? Spending more money than usual on things like food?

Is there someone in the Neighborhood suddenly buying things they have no need for like female sanitary products or girls' clothing? Are they suddenly coming and going at odd hours? Do you hear crying or pleading coming from a neighbor's home but didn't think anyone else lived there?

These are some of the things to look out for.

I could photoshop some different hair color/cuts on her...anyone think it'd be worthwhile before I sink some time into it?

What makes you assume that someone who would harbor/hold a teenager has gainful employment? And let's not limit surveillance to the Northeast. I think warmer climes, as in, Florida, might be prime territory for high alertness.
(Just my opinion)

I agree Florida not a bad idea... To look that way a bit

I agree Florida not a bad idea... To look that way a bit

yea, i was thinking maybe major cities along the 95 corridor (basically all major east coast cities). my husband is a cop in philly and he printed out a missing poster and put it in the lobby of his district, doubtful she's in philly but you never know, every little bit helps. i tend to think she's either still in the New England area, or somewhere like florida

What volunteers and how would they have heard about a letter? That is odd.

My opinion: Something leaked from the PO box post office. It's a small town and the PO workers would know what mail was arriving, especially with high-profile residents.

Thanks for the link, I wonder what 'progress has been made'? Nothing in particular was stated in the article, but that's not unusual I suppose, they haven't been telling the public much more than the bare essentials. I just wish they weren't trying to micromanage this, it doesn't seem to be helping, two months, wintertime, and she's still out there.

I do remain hopeful that one of these mornings when I wake up and come here to check on Abby before starting the day that there'll be a picture of her reuniting with her Mom and sister. One of these days...I hope it's soon.

Well, law enforcement does not need to reveal anything that may harm the investigation. Just know they are working diligently on this case and only they really need to know where the letter was postmarked from. I have hope they are getting closer to where abby may be.

"Even if, in any case like this, a 15-year-old leaves voluntarily, whoever is helping or assisting her does not have her best interest in mind."

I think it's interesting that the Union Leader says that the case has "become unusual." That's what stood out to me from that article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member