GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's interesting that the Union Leader says that the case has "become unusual." That's what stood out to me from that article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case has been "unusual" since day one, in my very humble opinion.

Abby still missing. All agencies working this case still silent with no new information being released.

A nation wishing to help but have no idea WHERE to look.

How's that working out for you?

I believe Abby is in MORE danger with the silence of this investigation.

And please don't tell me again how wonderful and all knowing they are.

Nine weeks ago I was buying what you were selling.

With no results ...not so much anymore!

In the article, Jane Young says they put the same amount of resources into other teenagers who have gone missing. Yeah, that's definitely not true. Is there pressure for LE to "drop" the case, or to pull away? From who, though? I noticed that's the second time they've used the "What if it was your child?" line.

It sounds like they do know where the letter was mailed from but don't want to release it, in case Abby moves from that location, and people in other areas don't look.

"The goal was to make this a national story in the event that Abby is beyond the bounds of New Hampshire and perhaps New England," said Young. "Part of not releasing the postmark other than it being a big geographical area is somebody in California will say, 'That was postmarked in New Hampshire I'm not going to look for that child out here,'" said Young. "That defeats the purpose of trying to have her face everywhere across the nation."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/110373-abby-update-two-months-later

If I had to guess, I would say the letter was mailed from New England. First, statistics show that Abby is (relatively) close to home. Two, Jane Young says "In the event that Abby is beyond the bounds of...New England" if you read between the lines. She also says the postmark came from a "big geographical area" which to me, means multiple states, and since the states in NE are small, possibly the letter was mailed near the border of two states.

Nine weeks into this investigation and I am still wondering if Abby made it home, packed a suitcase and maybe wrote a goodbye letter to mom?

I still feel that this is a custody case with some big players in the shadows and the means to move around a bit and remain undetected by LE.

I think Abby was a very lonely and sad girl who convinced somebody she needed to be saved.

Follow the money trail comes to mind.

The eye rolling by Zenya at the last news conference says a lot!

If I had to guess, I would say the letter was mailed from New England. First, statistics show that Abby is (relatively) close to home. Two, Jane Young says "In the event that Abby is beyond the bounds of...New England" if you read between the lines. She also says the postmark came from a "big geographical area" which to me, means multiple states, and since the states in NE are small, possibly the letter was mailed near the border of two states.

I think the letter was mailed twice.

I could photoshop some different hair color/cuts on her...anyone think it'd be worthwhile before I sink some time into it?

Yes, yes, and yes!!! Just be sure to label them as POSSIBLITIES ~ so nobody here thinks they are actual photos of her.

Great idea, Megan!

What if Abby decided to run away at the last minute, so when she got home from school, she rushed to pack, and made a big mess in the house, and LE thought that meant there was a struggle?

Honeybun, could you please explain your theory of the letter possibly being mailed twice?

Picture of Abby with darker hair and bangs in her face.
Did this one super quick....obviously this is just a possibility!
:bananalama:

Attachments

• IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 54
Nine weeks into this investigation and I am still wondering if Abby made it home, packed a suitcase and maybe wrote a goodbye letter to mom?

From the latest article http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131211/NEWS07/131219897

"This is a very difficult case. This is a 15-year-old with no known source of
funds and just the clothes on her back, and she just vanished," she said.

BBM -First time I have heard it from the horses mouth (JY, LE) that rules out she packed a bag. MOO

Totally random thought I am having..............maybe Abby is with a long-haul truck-driver and on the road?

Thanks for the link, I wonder what 'progress has been made'? Nothing in particular was stated in the article, but that's not unusual I suppose, they haven't been telling the public much more than the bare essentials. I just wish they weren't trying to micromanage this, it doesn't seem to be helping, two months, wintertime, and she's still out there.

I do remain hopeful that one of these mornings when I wake up and come here to check on Abby before starting the day that there'll be a picture of her reuniting with her Mom and sister. One of these days...I hope it's soon.

Attorney general Jane Young is handling this case. With her in charge, you better believe the case will be "micromanaged" as it should be. We will hear nothing that she doesn't feel is completely necessary to reveal. Period. She is known for being extremely tight lipped.

Also, she's a rock star. You don't get promoted from Senior Assistant Attorney General to Associate Attorney General for nothing.

If me or one of my family members was a victim in such a case, I'd want her in charge and I'd be livid if information was released just to satisfy a clamoring public who thinks it knows more than the professionals.

That no relation of Abby's is criticizing the investigation, and her mother remains at their side at pressers, is a good indication of how the investigators are doing.

Again, real life isn't CSI. Sometimes cases take months or years to be solved despite the passion and resolve of dedicated professionals.

Does the post office automatically get missing children information? Pretty much every road in America has a mail carrier that drives it. If they all were given missing kids info that would be a lot of eyes looking.

For those who live in NH, what is the general feeling about Jane Young? The only cases I recall her involvement were Krista's, which was not that difficult due to her being involved in drug dealing, and Celina, which remains unsolved. JMO

this may be an unusual case because of all the publicity. Someone, and I'm sorry I can't remember who, stated that often times predators look for a specific child or type: past history of abuse, broken family, not many ties to the community and there have been a number of hispanic children who are missing in the NE area. It's quite possible that AH was being groomed, but when they took her or lured her away they didn't expect the amount of publicity she would get. I mean really, how many missing children have posters magnetized signs on trucks and cars and everyone change their facebook cover to her missing poster? The amount of publicity in this case is also unprecedented. It's hard to exploit a child in the way they may have planned with her face plastered everywhere. And let's also understand this went "viral" within hours of her disappearance, not days or weeks or months. It was immediate. Given that she can't be "groomed" or used, the people holding her may be looking for a way to rid themselves of her and still keep their other interests going with other girls. This might explain why the FBI is involved, they may be negotiating a release of AH. It's kind of like if you want to steal something big you don't steal the mona lisa, it's too "hot" and to hard to sell to anyone. It's my guess she's being moved around to keep her hidden, and in the meantime FBI and LE are negotiating with whoever has her to get her home. I also think that's why it's so important to keep her face out there and plaster the area with her missing posters and keep the pressure on.

Attorney general Jane Young is handling this case. With her in charge, you better believe the case will be "micromanaged" as it should be. We will hear nothing that she doesn't feel is completely necessary to reveal. Period. She is known for being extremely tight lipped.

Also, she's a rock star. You don't get promoted from Senior Assistant Attorney General to Associate Attorney General for nothing.

If me or one of my family members was a victim in such a case, I'd want her in charge and I'd be livid if information was released just to satisfy a clamoring public who thinks it knows more than the professionals.

That no relation of Abby's is criticizing the investigation, and her mother remains at their side at pressers, is a good indication of how the investigators are doing.

Again, real life isn't CSI. Sometimes cases take months or years to be solved despite the passion and resolve of dedicated professionals.

Thank you for saying this! Micromanaged is the ONLY way. I know I'd want Jane Young at my side...I don't know her personally, but I love the way she looks over to the family, there is a loving care and intensive seriousness about her all in one package.

Does the post office automatically get missing children information? Pretty much every road in America has a mail carrier that drives it. If they all were given missing kids info that would be a lot of eyes looking.
These seem to be distributed once a month if not more from what I found online. If you look at the table of contents there is a pull out poster of missing children http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2013/pb22358/pdf/pb22358.pdf

I always think of the PO when I see missing persons fliers..... I remember looking at them when I was younger. I haven't been inside a PO in a long time now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288