High school football player, 14, kills himself after 'getting in trouble for throwing

HMSHood

Admiral-Class Battlecruiser
Reaction score
High school football player, 14, kills himself after 'getting in trouble for throwing a party'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ene-kills-getting-trouble-throwing-party.html

A 14-year-old high school football star has killed himself after reportedly getting in trouble for throwing a party.

Reagan Beene, a ninth grade student at Cambridge High School in Milton, Georgia, committed suicide on Saturday. Messages on social media suggested he shot himself before his older sister found his body, but authorities have not yet confirmed this.

Other friends suggested that Beene, who lived with his family in Alpharetta, committed suicide after throwing a party, the Hinterland Gazette reported.

Suicide is suspected, but not confirmed yet. I wonder if he threw the party as some type of farewell gesture as he was in his happy state.

Warning signs of suicide.
http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/depression-recognizing-signs-of-suicide

God bless him. When I saw his picture I got the feeling he might have been having a struggle within himself about where he fit in, especially in Milton, GA. I know I'm being vague, it's intentional.

what a cutie. RIP hon. I have a feeling something besides the party played a part in this.his poor family.

Charged? Police went through with a full blown charge? If this was a first offense form Reagan, it could have been thrown out with a warning and community service in juvenile court. When students are charged with underage drinking, most scholarships would be deemed unaccessable & ineligible. Also, sometimes kids charged with underage drinking will be penalized by not being eligible for their drivers license until the age of 21, but not if it was their first offense. Reagan looks normal to me, has loads of friends, etc. What would drive him to suicide?

In reading reports online, I'm still trying to figure out why this is "news". Kid parties, kid gets arrested, kid commits suicide. Is it news bc he's a 9th grader that killed himself wth a gun? Teen suicide is definitely a big issue, but its nothing new. It's gone on for years & years & years. I think the agenda is the gun laws in the US and that's why Daily Mail UK jumps all over these types of stories.

http://www.northfulton.com/Articles...ridge-students-mourns-death-of-classmate.html

Cambridge students mourns death of classmate
Friends remember Reagan Beene
by Aldo Nahed

Snipped:
This was a day after Milton Police charged the teenager along with a dozen of his friends with underage drinking at a house party in Crooked Creek.

Snipped:
"Stonecreek Church has been a huge influence on his life and he had just gotten baptized a couple of weeks ago," his mother said. "He touched so many lives."

This poor kid had his whole life ahead of him. I hate suicide.

It is sad. But why did the have to add the part about Littleton, co in at the bottom the two or not the same.

Totally agree sweetheart. It doesn't even make sense that the sentence about Centennial would be in this story at all. There's no comparison...except for the keyword "shot" regarding what happened in Centennial, CO. Gun. Law. Agenda.

Disagree with the bolded. Of course the person supplying the alcohol & drugs should be arrested but the host of the party holds the most responsibility. The homeowners probably hold culpability as well.

I personally know someone whose daughter & her friends stopped at her house after graduation to have a drink - the group of friends stopped at each others houses for grad drinks. One of the girls was in a drunk driving accident that killed another person when they hit a car. The person I know didn't even know these girls had stopped at her house for a drink as she and her parents threw her daughter a graduation BBQ at her parents' house (the girl's grandparents) and she (the girl's mother) was still there. Well guess what, bc she was the homeowner of the last place these girls drank alcohol before getting into an accident killing an innocent person, she was successfully sued. She lost her house, beach home, plus money. She had to completely start over and was totally innocent of any wrong doing, but bc her daughter was underage & her home was the last lace the kids drank - the homeowner was held responsible for all bills relating to the lawsuit, including the pay out.

http://hinterlandgazette.com/2013/12/cambridge-high-school-football-player-reagan-beene-dies.html

Cambridge High School Football Player Reagan Beene Dies
Posted by HinterlandGazetteStaff

Snipped:
There are unconfirmed reports on social media that Reagan Beene got in trouble for throwing a party. There were reportedly drugs and alcohol present in the home. His parents were away. The person who supplied the drugs and alcohol should be held accountable. Still, it’s a sad commentary that he felt he had no other option than to use a shotgun.

Looking at some posts of his on twitter that make me wonder if he had some inside issues going on.

Kids do stupid things like trying alcohol &/or drugs. None of us parents like it but it happens all the time. Sometimes it's a normal part of growing up, they're testing their boundaries. We as parents have an obligation to help guide them, to help pick them back up after they make mistakes. It doesn't have to be the end of the world. What may seem huge right now could in fact be trivial when they grow up. I feel so bad that Reagan thought his only option was to shoot himself. Kind of wonder what else was going on. It's so sad. Whole beautiful life ahead of him. His parents and family must feel devastated, and that's I'm sure an understatement. They appear to be a wonderful, God fearing, beautiful & successful family. Reagan's death is sure to leave a void in their lives. Godspeed on their peace. Many prayers sent their way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back