Question and Answer thread

What rent money, Lamby?

I thought she quit her job a few days before she was arrested, I think her Dad told Flores in his interview that a police officer or detective called her work and when she was told, she panicked and quit.

She told people in SLC that she couldn't stay for some kind of gathering or dinner or something because she had to get back to work (and how odd they thought it because she lived for crap like that), and I remember a woman doing a interview (Dr. Drew maybe?) saying JA served them the night she returned night or the next and how normal and chatty she was and how weird that was in retrospect because she just got back from Mesa, and what she did there.

I don't know where she got all the money she spent, it was hundreds and hundreds during and after the trip, I know her Dad said they spent 2500.00 just getting her back up to Yreka in April so it didn't seem they would pony up even more but someone gave her dough.

The rent money that was paid to Travis by his roommates was what I was referring to, sorry. One of the boarders said he had just paid Travis $600 in cash. None of that money was ever found. Travis' wallet was in the office (I believe) but there was no money in it. I'm not sure about when she quit but it seems she had a lot of money to pay for an airline ticket, rent another car, pay back her debt and purchase a gun. Her personal car was repossessed so it's not clear what she used to get to work and back.

Another thing that bothers me is that she was under surveillance by LE when her mother brought her the rental and somehow Jodi was able to tape the gun to the engine wall without LE noticing because they never found the gun. It was recovered by the rental agency. jmo

IIRC, Martinez wanted to bring her finances into play, but was not able to do so.

Plane tickets, car rental and a lot of the trip expenses were charged to her credit card. She must have had her credit cards up close to their limits by the time that she was arrested, with the way that she was spending.

One of her bank deposits on 6/3 was a check, as 10% of the funds were not readily available. Don't know California law, but in many states, funds from paychecks are immediately available, so most likely this was a personal check that she deposited.

Jodi was using her debit card. She maxed out her credit cards with the house payments before she defaulted on the house and she stopped paying on them. This is why she had to stop at the bank the day of her trip near Monterey to put money in her account so she could charge those gas amounts. She was trying to create a paper trail that showed she was not near Mesa. Those charges for gas were on her bank statement for the looks of it. Why would she wait until she arrived in Monterey to put cash into her bank account when she picked up the car the day before and had the time to stop at the bank? She had to have money in her account to rent the car because they put a hold on your debit card for the amount of the rental the day you pick up the car. So the money she put into the account in Monterey likely was not from a paycheck. Could someone else have given her money while she was in Monterey? A lot of unanswered questions. jmo

We might have to disagree to several reasons. She made it known that she wasn't driving straight through, but she was making stops, visiting friends and supposedly taking pictures. It was June, she lived in California, and the Utah people hadn't seen her in months. I don't see why she'd be worried if they could tell she had a tan or not under these conditions.

I'm also not sure why she'd be expecting to get a tan or be sunburned while driving. She planned her Mesa arrival and her departure to be under the cover of night, so if she'd planned to dump stuff in the desert, she seemingly planned to do while driving through those places after dark.

I'm also not sure what's unusual about a tan or sunburn in the summer. She bought the lotion as an afterthought it seems. She'd already been on the trip, tanning for over a day at the point that she purchased it--unless of course she'd run out of her supply that day.

There was also no need for two. The receipt doesn't indicate a sale on these items. She doesn't need all that suntan lotion for plans that, of their nature, were indoors. She didn't plan to be outside with Travis, and she planned to be inside with Ryan at meetings--if she even made it to Ryan's.

The Cancun trip wasn't at the end of the week. Jodi arrived to Travis on June 4th, 6 days before the Cancun trip. Travis was found the night before the plane was to take of, isn't that correct?

Frankly, I don't think Jodi cared that a name might or might not be able to be changed on a free plane ticket, and I'm sure she told him that on June 4th. If it was a free ticket (paid for by PPL), it wasn't Travis' money anyway, and she probably thought he'd just buy her a ticket. They'd done something similar with the New York tickets Jodi had won by not using them directly as they'd been intended.

Mimi wouldn't be in his hotel room, so it mattered not to Jodi whether Mimi was going--just that she'd proved to herself that she was most important and she'd gotten him to put her before Mimi.

Winning mattered to Jodi, and Jodi couldn't stand it that another woman would go on a trip with Travis. It must have burned her up just as badly as it had when she'd driven herself all the way to Bianca that Travis would be for a whole week with another woman in paradise. And she was probably dying inside to think of him being intimate on that vacation--whether in reality Mimi would have been that way with Travis or not.

Jodi was that intrusive and that crazy to believe she could get Travis to pay for a name-change on a ticket or discard Mimi's ticket and buy Jodi her own ticket. So far in the relationship with Travis, she'd been able to manipulate him into anything, and sex was her MO.

I was a travel agent up until about the year 2000. Back then, there were name-changes. I don't know if they cut that out post-911. Honestly, if I put myself in Jodi's shoes, I would probably think exactly what I'm writing here, which is Mimi's ticket was free, so who gives a damn if it's even used.

Based on what she told Ryan when to expect her, she wasn't going to be spending much if any time doing anything but driving to Utah, I'm not sure (can't recall) if he knew anything about her 'Laura' excuse for heading to southern CA., that may have only been dreamed up after she was arrested, I don't know or remember if he was asked about that.

My point about the burn/tan was she planned to get rid of her weapons, in the desert, in June, after sun-up, she had to know she'd get a burn or tan spending any amount of time outside of the car, so planned ahead and got suncreen, that she bought two of both that and the cleansers meant she wanted to be sure she had enough or there was some deal on them. That's just my reasoning and I can agree to disagree on this. :)

I also don't think she ever planned on attending the Cancun trip, not that she didn't want to go with him but I just don't think that had much if anything to do with why she killed him. It would be nice to know what other things she packed for her trip to SLC (did she have a bikini or other beachy stuff with her?

Guess we'll never know, but I don't even think it was a 'if I can't have him, no one else can' killing either, I think she hated him for the things he said to her, 'the worst thing...' she was going to make sure she really was the worst thing that ever happened to him. And she did.

The rent money that was paid to Travis by his roommates was what I was referring to, sorry. One of the boarders said he had just paid Travis $600 in cash. None of that money was ever found. Travis' wallet was in the office (I believe) but there was no money in it. I'm not sure about when she quit but it seems she had a lot of money to pay for an airline ticket, rent another car, pay back her debt and purchase a gun. Her personal car was repossessed so it's not clear what she used to get to work and back.

Another thing that bothers me is that she was under surveillance by LE when her mother brought her the rental and somehow Jodi was able to tape the gun to the engine wall without LE noticing because they never found the gun. It was recovered by the rental agency. jmo

Oh, I see, thanks. Well, we know she was in his office, it's quite possible she took any cash she found there.

I don't know how she managed the gun-hiding either with LE watching her, very interesting point.

Who brought the car back?? Maybe her mom?? Maybe that's what she was talking with her mom about. I think she knew they were watching her & that's what she was saying to her mom when LE said she was arguing with her right before her arrest. I don't think she thought she was going to Cancun,nor do I think that's why she killed him. At that time he was her enemy. She was up craps creek with all the financial woes she caused herself & I fully believe she stole that rent money!!

Who brought the car back?? Maybe her mom?? Maybe that's what she was talking with her mom about. I think she knew they were watching her & that's what she was saying to her mom when LE said she was arguing with her right before her arrest. I don't think she thought she was going to Cancun,nor do I think that's why she killed him. At that time he was her enemy. She was up craps creek with all the financial woes she caused herself & I fully believe she stole that rent money!!

The car was taken to the police station when she was arrested. JA asks Flores about it during her interview wanting to know if it was still parked outside. I imagine either LE took it back to the rental agency or they sent someone to get it. jmo

Based on what she told Ryan when to expect her, she wasn't going to be spending much if any time doing anything but driving to Utah, I'm not sure (can't recall) if he knew anything about her 'Laura' excuse for heading to southern CA., that may have only been dreamed up after she was arrested, I don't know or remember if he was asked about that.

My point about the burn/tan was she planned to get rid of her weapons, in the desert, in June, after sun-up, she had to know she'd get a burn or tan spending any amount of time outside of the car, so planned ahead and got suncreen, that she bought two of both that and the cleansers meant she wanted to be sure she had enough or there was some deal on them. That's just my reasoning and I can agree to disagree on this. :)

I also don't think she ever planned on attending the Cancun trip, not that she didn't want to go with him but I just don't think that had much if anything to do with why she killed him. It would be nice to know what other things she packed for her trip to SLC (did she have a bikini or other beachy stuff with her?

Guess we'll never know, but I don't even think it was a 'if I can't have him, no one else can' killing either, I think she hated him for the things he said to her, 'the worst thing...' she was going to make sure she really was the worst thing that ever happened to him. And she did.

Ryan stated that Jodi had told him about going to take the baby pictures near LA first.

It seems to me she planned on purpose to arrive at night. It seems the killing happened very conveniently for it to be night again by the time she got somewhere to dispose of weapons, etc. Why do you think she'd choose to hide weapons during the day?

I do want to know what she packed. Probably enough clothes to stay with Travis before, during and after the trip. Lastly, you see on the Walmart receipt that there were no discounts taken on her items. So there's no incentive for a supposedly poor person to buy two of an expensive suntan lotion that she probably wouldn't use that much of while on the trip. Spending a week with Travis in AZ and a week in Cancun might make two of each more useful.

Someone in the bank and receipts thread had a theory for the buying two of those things, I'll look it up tomorrow when I get back ont he timeline.

Thanks about Ryan, I couldn't recall at all if he was told the Laura story.

I think she planned to hide the weapons and would wait for sun up to see where to dig, even if she planned to burn the clothing she wouldn't want a bonfire at night when it's most visible to have attention called to it. I think the weapons are her personal momentos and would not just throw them or try to destroy them (at least not the gun), I think they are well hidden somewhere and she needed to see so she could relocate them if and when she could. I think she's nutty that way (and a million other ways lol).

What would be the reason she wouldn't think she was going on the Cancun trip?

I'm not saying she killed him merely over the Cancun trip. That trip symbolized her losing Travis to another woman. That other woman would now be replacing Jodi in Travis' life--so Jodi probably believed. Jodi had obsessed over this man and tried everything she could to get him, the most stable man she'd been with thus far. Relationships ruled her life. She had no career, children, accomplishments. Her life seemed to be all about how she was going to keep one man or another.

I would even go as far as to say she moved as a passive aggressive way to make him take her on that trip or dump mimi. The cancun trip and mimi are one in the same to her.

I have to listen to Mimi's testimony again, but we dont hear of a violent Jodi until Mimi enters the picture. Then, tires are getting slashed, condemnation emails sent, and Travis is starting to worry about having a stalker.

Jodi confronts the men about cheating and stays with them, proving she "won" over the other woman. she wasn't winning over Mimi and no other man had wondered along to distract her enough before this trip to celebrate his accomplishments. Travis was going up; Jodi was going down. No doubt she thought Mimi saw in Travis what she saw and wanted him just as much, and it's a bad feeling to think some other woman's going to get from that man what you used to get. And don't let it be that Jodi knew in her heart that Mimi was actually a better woman.

If I'm correct and this is Jodi--and it's actually true that he lied to her about the babysitter going on the trip--what a slap in the face to learn it was really Mimi. No matter how Mimi's name got on the ticket and Travis' heart, Jodi had to win by getting it off both. And something she did in that effort caused Travis to get super pissed.

Someone in the bank and receipts thread had a theory for the buying two of those things, I'll look it up tomorrow when I get back ont he timeline.

Thanks about Ryan, I couldn't recall at all if he was told the Laura story.

I think she planned to hide the weapons and would wait for sun up to see where to dig, even if she planned to burn the clothing she wouldn't want a bonfire at night when it's most visible to have attention called to it. I think the weapons are her personal momentos and would not just throw them or try to destroy them (at least not the gun), I think they are well hidden somewhere and she needed to see so she could relocate them if and when she could. I think she's nutty that way (and a million other ways lol).

It's a theory, but I think she had the sex video tape and pictures on her own camera as mementos. I think there's an Olympic Memory Stick hidden somewhere.

It's a theory, but I think she had the sex video tape and pictures on her own camera as mementos. I think there's an Olympic Memory Stick hidden somewhere.

LOL I meant to say similar, I also think she may have copied the pics (and possibly the video she said they made). The only concern with it that I have is the way she kept trying to get Flores to show her the pics, she obviously knew she couldn't get to her copies of them once arrested, but she acted like she hadn't seen them before, maybe because she was rushed she hadn't been able to?

And the way she spoke of the full face pic of Travis during the interrogation - how he hated that pic but she thought it was a very good one of him, when was there time for him to voice such an opinion?

Oh about Mimi, read Flores report too for the things she tells him at the scene and in her interview.

I don't think she copied the pictures from his camera. I think they were just using both cameras. I'm not going to say that she did or she didn't take pictures with the Olympus of Travis after death, but who knows.

The reason I don't think she copied them is because I don't think she had time or the brain functioning to sit down and do that. She was in cleanup and get the hell out mode. I do agree with someone who said she might have been caught in the house when the roommate got home and had to sneak out. That could be why the cleaner wasn't put away. I still want to think she set that up or used it, though my rational brain says the police would have checked it for blood.

I don't think she copied the pictures from his camera. I think they were just using both cameras. I'm not going to say that she did or she didn't take pictures with the Olympus of Travis after death, but who knows.

The reason I don't think she copied them is because I don't think she had time or the brain functioning to sit down and do that. She was in cleanup and get the hell out mode. I do agree with someone who said she might have been caught in the house when the roommate got home and had to sneak out. That could be why the cleaner wasn't put away. I still want to think she set that up or used it, though my rational brain says the police would have checked it for blood.

There was the usb cord in his office with dark smudges on it that wasn't tested, I also found mention of some software to aid in transferring data from one device to another in his office as well but I don't have any pics or evidence of it so no confirmation, but I have the pic of the cord so can say it was there and something dark is on it.

I think she had more time than we think, if they couldn't figure out how to make a video with his new camera, might he also not have figured out how to set the time correctly? I want to see time stamps on the undeleted pics he took with that camera, that will help in knowing if he set the time right out of the box.

LOL I meant to say similar, I also think she may have copied the pics (and possibly the video she said they made). The only concern with it that I have is the way she kept trying to get Flores to show her the pics, she obviously knew she couldn't get to her copies of them once arrested, but she acted like she hadn't seen them before, maybe because she was rushed she hadn't been able to?

And the way she spoke of the full face pic of Travis during the interrogation - how he hated that pic but she thought it was a very good one of him, when was there time for him to voice such an opinion?

Oh about Mimi, read Flores report too for the things she tells him at the scene and in her interview.

Did she really bring her camera with her? She certainly did not take other pictures while she was in California or while she was in Utah. I believe pictures that were taken were on someone's phone. Plus didn't they find all her cameras and nothing was on them from that timeframe, nor was anything deleted?

Did she really bring her camera with her? She certainly did not take other pictures while she was in California or while she was in Utah. I believe pictures that were taken were on someone's phone. Plus didn't they find all her cameras and nothing was on them from that timeframe, nor was anything deleted?

BBM

Which pics?

She said she had two cameras with her, one that always stays in her purse and one in with luggage, she also said they made a video using her camera. But I think you're right that they found no pics on whatever cameras of hers they examined.

BBM

Which pics?

She said she had two cameras with her, one that always stays in her purse and one in with luggage, she also said they made a video using her camera. But I think you're right that they found no pics on whatever cameras of hers they examined.

Oh, sorry. There were pictures (I believe) of her with Ryan or maybe I'm thinking of when she was out getting with a group with Travis. I remember seeing pictures of JA at a table with others. May have been with Travis.....it's been a long time. lol

Didn't JA state on the stand that one of her cameras was broken. I was thinking (dangerous, I know) but maybe the reason she took the pictures on Travis' camera was because he did not want her to blackmail him with those pictures on her camera. Could Jodi have tried to load those pictures of them in the bedroom onto her disk so she could have them?????

Oh, sorry. There were pictures (I believe) of her with Ryan or maybe I'm thinking of when she was out getting with a group with Travis. I remember seeing pictures of JA at a table with others. May have been with Travis.....it's been a long time. lol

Didn't JA state on the stand that one of her cameras was broken. I was thinking (dangerous, I know) but maybe the reason she took the pictures on Travis' camera was because he did not want her to blackmail him with those pictures on her camera. Could Jodi have tried to load those pictures of them in the bedroom onto her disk so she could have them?????

Hmmm...she said she had her laptop up there, JM grilled her as to when she packed it and her luggage into the car and she hedged all over the place.

Seems to me by the 4th he knew all - except maybe her murderous - deviousness, I don't think he would have trusted her with anything of his, surely never nude or nearly nude pics of him on her media devices.

I saw the cord, but I don't see how we can know what kind of cord it was, if it fit in either camera. If there was some software on his desk, she would have had to take more time to load it on her laptop. It's much easier if anything to load from the camera to the laptop. Maybe she got the sex pictures. I just doubt she got the shower pictures.

Does anyone remember a link posted during the trial to a website with a program used to sharpen blurry images? I've searched and searched for it but cannot find it! :tantrum:
TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back