CA CA - Crystal Tymich, 6, Los Angeles, 30 June 1994

Tymich's case received fresh attention in 2005, when authorities searched the crawl space of a house across the street from her home. Bones were found, but they all turned out to be from animals. No evidence relating to Tymich's disappearance was uncovered during the search. She may have been abducted by a non-family member, but there is little evidence available in her case. None of her neighbors noticed anything unusual in the area at the time she vanished. Tymich's disappearance remains unsolved. Her family still resides in the house where she lived in 1994.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tymich_crystal.html
The neighbor across the street was killing animals and burying them in his crawlspace? Yikes. Where is this psychopath now? Prison? Any other residence in which he had access should be searched.

The neighbor across the street was killing animals and burying them in his crawlspace? Yikes. Where is this psychopath now? Prison? Any other residence in which he had access should be searched.

If it's animal bones, they need not be there from being buried by a person through. A lot of animals, cats for example, seek out a place to hide when they are sick and dying. So, animal crawls into the crawlspace and dies there. No one notices because people do not always check their crawlspaces, and some time later the deceased animal decays and only bones remain. Also, Animal A kills Animal B, and takes carcass of Animal B to crawlspace to eat it. Eats it, leaves the bones, and the bones are found later. Most crawlspaces and unfinished basements I have any experience of do have some kind of animal remains, spider webs, etc.

Obviously I could be 100% wrong, but on this I agree with LE that the animal bones had nothing to do with the case at all.

According to Mommylicious in post #36, the facebook page said the bones were fish, cow, and dog.

I think they could all have non-sinister explanations.

Fish - dinner leftovers, animal got fish out of the garbage and took it under the crawl space

Cow - dinner leftovers, threw the bone from a roast to the pet dog and the bone ended up under the house, animal got in the trash, etc

Dog - Don't know about this one. Not too many people would bury a pet dog under the house... maybe a little spot in the back yard, but the crawl space would be weird. If it was a roaming dog that ended up under their house and died, you'd think the smell would be obvious. Maybe the house was vacant at some time and no one noticed? If a dog went under the house to have puppies, maybe leaving behind a dead puppy, the smell wouldn't be as noticeable as an adult dog.

Child abductions are the most heartbreaking ever... Life gets snatched away so easily by creepy people ... Lord have mercy ... sometimes I question His existence when I read such innocent children's fate...

I wonder if the neighbor who says she was threatening to run away is the same neighbor whose peach trees were being raided.

Neighbor said she was wandering off and threatened to run away. Why? was this a normal 6 year old temper tantrum type rant or was something more going on? Maybe she just wanted to play "girly" games and not do what her brothers were doing.

When I was around six years old, my father took me and my younger brother to my elementary school on a Saturday to play basketball. I got mad at them because they weren't letting me play. I got in the car and sulked for awhile and then I went and told my dad that I was going to walk home. And I did. I crossed a five lane highway and walked six miles home. It's a wonder nothing happened to me.

Anyways, all this to say that six is not too young to run off.

@@screenshot.gif

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/crystal-ann-tymich

Bump.

I haven't read everything on Crystal's case. Does anyone know why they searched the neighbors house? JMO, or thought really, but it may be possible that the "preacher" took her from what she may have thought was a bad situation and illegally adopted her out?

Hey. Im new here sort of. usually just a reader but Crystals case is one I read about several years ago and it has just stayed with me ever since. She disappeared before I was born (I was born in 96).

I found a piece on newspapers.com published in The Corvallis, Oregon Gazette from January 1996. You can see the actual article if you are a newspapers member.

20 Jan 1996, 2 - Corvallis Gazette-Times at Newspapers.com

"A Corvallis police detective needs help to find a missing child seen in the Corvallis area last fall. Crystal Ann Tymich, 8, was reported missing from her Los Angeles home on June 30th, 1994. The girl is believed to be 4 feet tall, with dark blonde hair, weighs about 60-70 pounds and hazel eyes. The child was seen near the Corvallis/Benton County public Library and Cub Foods last September and October."

I wonder if it was really her? Maybe its just me, but the wording of the article almost kind of makes it sound like theres some certainty that the child seen was crystal. According to google maps, Corvallis is only about 13 hours away from South central LA so it'd wouldn't be too farfetched to believe.

Hope theres a resolution at some point so that this case can have closure. Its so unfortunate that her family has gone so long without answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back