NJ NJ - Barnett "Barry" Zeldin, 74, Chatsworth, 07 Oct 2013

DPR4444

Reaction score
Search Continues For Missing NJ Hunter; Wife Speaks Out

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ut-as-search-continues-for-missing-nj-hunter/

"WOODLAND Twp., N.J., (CBS) — State police have called off the search, but volunteers continue looking for missing hunter Barnett “Barry” Zeldin who disappeared in the Warren Grove Recreation Area (see related story).

Zeldin, 74, left his Mays Landing home on Monday, Oct. 7 and told his wife he was planning to put bait at a deer stand near Chatsworth.

Zeldin signed in at the Audubon Gun Club on Route 563 at 9:55 a.m. Monday morning, according to his wife Janet Zeldin.

“They always sign in so the hunters know who is out there,” says Zeldin.

When her husband didn’t come home or call Monday night, Zeldin wasn’t worried because he was known to make spontaneous hunting trips that lasted several days....."

Zeldin.jpg

I don't ever get this idea of it being ok to say I'm going to do this and then decide to be gone for days. Obviously he did this sometimes. I wonder why his dog wouldn't have followed him. Maybe it's time for the search dogs to be out. Strange story.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/l...rches_for_hunter_missing_in_Pine_Barrens.html

Andrew Seidman and Melanie Burney, Inquirer Staff Writers
Last updated: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 1:07 AM
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013, 9:00 PM

<snipped>
Zeldin's children and extended family said they face many obstacles: an unfamiliar and unforgiving terrain, dropping temperatures, and little help after police called off the search last weekend.

Now, they are consulting a Toms River psychic, looking for any help they can get.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/00redesi...cle_0dc2fb0c-afc4-5a3f-a55d-2265384e8b36.html

Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:00 am |
Updated: 6:46 am, Tue Oct 22, 2013.
By Lisa Irizarry Staff Writer

<snipped>
“No one has seen him since he left,” Zeldin’s distraught daughter-in-law, Debbie Zeldin, said Friday. “It’s like he just vanished. His car was found with his dog, Taffy, inside.” She added, “She’s okay, but we’re afraid of what might have happened because he loved that dog. He would have never left her anywhere if he wasn’t going to be right back.

52630ddd49ee7.preview-300.jpg

I was on NamUs yesterday; his profile was on the right; I saw Washington Township... The only Washington Township I know is Washington Township, Gloucester County, NJ next to where Autumn Pasquale was found.

I used to live out by where he went missing. It's been so long; used to know the roads through the forest like the back of my hand. Never knew there was a Washington here lol

Washington Burlington county NJ

I don't think this is the correct Beaver Dam Rd
Beaver Dam Rd Barnegat NJ

I wonder if they put a leash on his dog to have her try to find her master?

I was on NamUs yesterday; his profile was on the right; I saw Washington Township... The only Washington Township I know is Washington Township, Gloucester County, NJ next to where Autumn Pasquale was found.

I used to live out by where he went missing. It's been so long; used to know the roads through the forest like the back of my hand. Never knew there was a Washington here lol

Washington Burlington county NJ

I don't think this is the correct Beaver Dam Rd
Beaver Dam Rd Barnegat NJ

That is probably the correct Beaver Dam Road. I am from Barnegat and it branches out pretty far west into the Pinelands area. If he is from Chatsworth it makes sense, because that is a little southwest of that area. It's definitely a tough area to search that's for sure. I'm hoping for the best for this man, sadly quite a bit of time has elapsed at this point... It really seems like he just left his vehicle briefly if his small fur baby and cell were left behind. Fingers crossed here for a happy ending.

That is probably the correct Beaver Dam Road. I am from Barnegat and it branches out pretty far west into the Pinelands area. If he is from Chatsworth it makes sense, because that is a little southwest of that area. It's definitely a tough area to search that's for sure. I'm hoping for the best for this man, sadly quite a bit of time has elapsed at this point... It really seems like he just left his vehicle briefly if his small fur baby and cell were left behind. Fingers crossed here for a happy ending.

I used to live off of 70 in Country Lakes. I remembered Beaver Dam Rd; but didn't remember it being that far down. Do you know where the gun club is on the map?

I believe he's from Mays Landing.

I agree; he left his little dog; cell & wallet in the car because he was going to be quick. I saw he had history of strokes.

What wild animals are there now?

I used to live off of 70 in Country Lakes. I remembered Beaver Dam Rd; but didn't remember it being that far down. Do you know where the gun club is on the map?

I believe he's from Mays Landing.

I agree; he left his little dog; cell & wallet in the car because he was going to be quick. I saw he had history of strokes.

What wild animals are there now?

I don't know where the gun club is located. The deer population in this area is quite high, Routes 70 and 72 can be challenging to drive through at night, other than your headlights, it's just wilderness... and deer..

I was hoping he would have been located by now.

I don't know where the gun club is located. The deer population in this area is quite high, Routes 70 and 72 can be challenging to drive through at night, other than your headlights, it's just wilderness... and deer..

I was hoping he would have been located by now.

I used to work at Caldor; thankfully never had any jump in front of my car. My son used to date a gal down there; he was not so lucky. Think 2 hit him.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-as-Hunting-Season-Approaches--234157501.html

By Kelly Bayliss and David Chang |
Monday, Dec 2, 2013 | Updated 7:27 PM EST

I'm really bothered by this.
1st article says they brought K-9's out; sounds like the area was cleared. Now they're asking hunters to keep their eyes out? Why didn't anyone bring search and rescue dogs out?

On Monday, police announced that their investigation into Zeldin's disappearance "remains active." Police advise hunters to be attentive while walking in the area where Zeldin went missing. They advise anyone to immediately contact police if they notice something suspicious. They also remind all hunters to carry their cell phones and utilize GPS applications.

Apparently the location of his truck is wrong

NJ Pine Barrens forum post about Barry

After taking a ride down there and not finding the location I was told to go to, I headed home and was again in contact with Debbie and another family member. It turns out it is not Beaver Dam Road he was on, it is FAA Tower Road. His truck was found along this road and there currently is different color streamers at the exact location. The pointer is not the exact location, just for reference.

correct location FAA Tower Road

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77