Australia Australia - Maddison Murphy-West, 20, Pakenham, Vic, 23 Oct 2013

Nacho

Reaction score
Police believe that Maddison Murphy-West was murdered and the scene staged to look like a suicide. They haven't released much information other than that there are inconsistencies that case doubt on the initial determination of suicide. Maddison's body was found on October 23 and police have been quietly investigating since then.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...young-mums-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226788523355

I believe this is the mystery death that was mentioned in the Kylie Blackwood thread.

ps. this is the first thread I've created so I hope that I've done it all right :)

Police believe that Maddison Murphy-West was murdered and the scene staged to look like a suicide. They haven't released much information other than that there are inconsistencies that case doubt on the initial determination of suicide. Maddison's body was found on October 23 and police have been quietly investigating since then.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...young-mums-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226788523355

I believe this is the mystery death that was mentioned in the Kylie Blackwood thread.

ps. this is the first thread I've created so I hope that I've done it all right :)

Thank you, Nacho! This thread looks great to me! :rocker:

Yes... The death of this young lady was mentioned on another thread...

I wonder why there was a delay in reporting it in MSM?

JMO

Thank you, Nacho! This thread looks great to me! :rocker:

Yes... The death of this young lady was mentioned on another thread...

I wonder why there was a delay in reporting it in MSM?
JMO

At first I thought that it might be because they believed it to be a suicide but looking back at the Kylie Blackwood thread, it was declared a homicide soon after she was found. I find it strange that they released virtually nothing about Maddison's death until now, about 2 months after her death :dunno:

Thanks so much for starting this thread, Nacho. I've been wondering about this since it happened. Strangely quiet....just like Kylie's case.

Thank you for starting this thread Nacho (good job - looks great :) )

Finally something is in MSM so we can talk about Maddison's very untimely and suspicious death!!

Is it possible that it is somehow connected to Kylie Blackwood's murder, or is it a coincidence that Maddison was murdered so soon after Kylie?

And what is with the police silence in these matters? They are wasting a valuable resource by not seeking assistance from the public via media outlets, and by not keeping a high public profile in these matters IMO.

oif0x.jpg

Maddison Murphy-West

Image: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...young-mums-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226788523355

This FB page says that Channel 10 are doing an interview today. Maybe something will be on the news tonight!

Some interesting comments on the page too .. like the one on 3rd December.

Maddie was well-loved by her friends.

ETA: Report about Maddie on Channel 10 at 5pm and Channel 7 at 6pm tonight apparently. And maybe 6:30pm on Channel 9 too, according to the FB page administrator.

I think the police have been very quiet for a very good reason.

Prior to the recent media attention, the person responsible possibly would have thought they got away with the crime? The Herald Sun article mentioned that a friend had posted on the tribute page that she didn't believe it was suicide. So the guilty person may have been worried about those type of comments but if there was no public investigation happening, they may have thought the police accepted suicide.

I think the police have been very quiet for a very good reason.

Prior to the recent media attention, the person responsible possibly would have thought they got away with the crime? The Herald Sun article mentioned that a friend had posted on the tribute page that she didn't believe it was suicide. So the guilty person may have been worried about those type of comments but if there was no public investigation happening, they may have thought the police accepted suicide.

I find a few things strange- and today I was looking at the Facebook page of Peter Blackwood (husband of Kylie Blackwood) and he had shared a link in June of properties in Ahern Road Packenham the same street which Maddy was found dead.

On her RIP Facebook page there is a picture of Maddy tagged in a photo from Lab22, this is a music production studio in Noble Park of which there was just 2 weeks ago an armed robbery at the bottle store next to the lab.

Why would 2 blonde woman living so close to each other be found dead months apart and police are not releasing any info???

I find a few things strange- and today I was looking at the Facebook page of Peter Blackwood (husband of Kylie Blackwood) and he had shared a link in June of properties in Ahern Road Packenham the same street which Maddy was found dead.

On her RIP Facebook page there is a picture of Maddy tagged in a photo from Lab22, this is a music production studio in Noble Park of which there was just 2 weeks ago an armed robbery at the bottle store next to the lab.

Why would 2 blonde woman living so close to each other be found dead months apart and police are not releasing any info???[/QUOTE]

BBM

Exactly!! Super suspicious.........are LE trying to keep the public calm? Trying to pretend there's nothing to be alarmed about...when there very may well be!:scared:

I'm wondering if there are any other women who've died in the area that we haven't heard about in MSM before this??

On A Current Affair tonight (Ch 9) - video should be up soon.

Maddie's mum very upset ... family demanding justice.

Maddie took up with her partner TB when she was 16, he was 21. Not a good relationship, family tried to convince her to leave ... he was controlling, called her horrible names. He is father of Maddie's son. They lived together.

A Current Affair was hounding TB outside an official looking building .. someone that looked like his mother saying ‘leave him alone’.

Maddie was always nice to everyone, always tried to see the best in people.

Maddie realised she had to leave him. Baby had started copying TB .. spitting, hitting her. TB didn't take her news to leave him well ... threw mobile phone at her head, attacked her. Family took out a restraining order.

Maddie said she’d go back to him so he’d leave them alone.

TB says Maddie committed suicide. He admitted that they were fighting, he went to garage to calm down, he came back and discovered her deceased (maybe watch video for more detail on that), their son was in the room. :(

Police are currently speaking to Maddison’s friends … and TB.

Her distraught mum said if you know anything, just help.

Given the views of her friends and family, it seems unlikely this is linked to the Blackwood murder. The video indicates that the police consider her partner to be a suspect. I can't relocate the link but I read that their relationship started when she was 16 and he was 21, they lived together and he is the father of her son

Police name boyfriend as suspect in woman’s murder

December 23, 2013: Police have named the boyfriend as a suspect in the murder of a Pakenham mother who was first thought to have taken her own life.

b8mzup.jpg

Screen shot from video at below link

(Scroll down to video, 'Police name boyfriend as suspect in woman’s murder....' on right of page at link)
Video: http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/

Mum Maddison Murphy-West may have known killer, friend says

ANGUS THOMPSON HERALD SUN DECEMBER 23,2013

"A YOUNG mum found dead in her home in a suspected homicide may have known her killer, a friend has said.

The body of Maddison Murphy-West, 20, was found in her Pakenham home at 10am on October 23.

The close friend, who declined to be named, said: "Maddison definitely knew the person who killed her."

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ller-friend-says/story-fni0fee2-1226789119790

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back