GUILTY SD - RieLee Lovell, 2, strangled to death, Wagner, 3 July 2012

The 11 year old in this case makes me so sad. It is really a shame that no details are out for the public to hear about for this child. I really hope he has a good attorney, but who knows with all of the secrecy. This child lived in a home where he was being abused, neglected, starved and exposed to the poisonous fumes of meth. Goodness only knows what all of those things did to this poor child. This child should be in a psychiatric facility somewhere being cared for, loved and healed. How can an abused, neglected, starving, drug exposed 11 year old be held accountable for what happened?

The 11 year old in this case makes me so sad. It is really a shame that no details are out for the public to hear about for this child. I really hope he has a good attorney, but who knows with all of the secrecy. This child lived in a home where he was being abused, neglected, starved and exposed to the poisonous fumes of meth. Goodness only knows what all of those things did to this poor child. This child should be in a psychiatric facility somewhere being cared for, loved and healed. How can an abused, neglected, starving, drug exposed 11 year old be held accountable for what happened?

I have been trying to find any info about him but there is nothing out there. There are blogs that discuss details but no MSM; searching RieLee Lovell will find some of these blogs. The info given is not in depth and yet frightening at the same time. As I have seen in other cases in South Dakota involving the murder of a child, a wall goes up and no information gets out. This time, we know what happened to the adults but may never hear about the boy. There is a mental health facility in Yankton that is the 'go to' place for the entire state, he may be receiving treatment there.

I have been trying to find any info about him but there is nothing out there. There are blogs that discuss details but no MSM; searching RieLee Lovell will find some of these blogs. The info given is not in depth and yet frightening at the same time. As I have seen in other cases in South Dakota involving the murder of a child, a wall goes up and no information gets out. This time, we know what happened to the adults but may never hear about the boy. There is a mental health facility in Yankton that is the 'go to' place for the entire state, he may be receiving treatment there.

Just saw a few things I didn't know. I feel so angry and so heart broken all over again. The pain eased after sentencing and knowing RieLee was in a place where our father truly loves her. A place she would never be abused or neglected again. But now I feel so....broken...all over again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just saw a few things I didn't know. I feel so angry and so heart broken all over again. The pain eased after sentencing and knowing RieLee was in a place where our father truly loves her. A place she would never be abused or neglected again. But now I feel so....broken...all over again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

She is beyond harm now but it made me cry to read some things. I have to hold on to RieLee as a smiling angel free from all pain.

I do believe it was the responsibility of the adults convicted to raise children responsibly. All we can hope for now is that there will be some treatment for the 11 year old.

I think of RieLee often, as well. There was another tragedy, resulting in several deaths, on her rez, a little while after RieLee's death. Because it was a friend's father and other family members I could not bring myself to post it here but I think of RieLee standing waiting for them, as they walked over, and them being protective of her. :)

Thinking of you precious!

I think of RieLee often, as well. There was another tragedy, resulting in several deaths, on her rez, a little while after RieLee's death. Because it was a friend's father and other family members I could not bring myself to post it here but I think of RieLee standing waiting for them, as they walked over, and them being protective of her. :)
I'm so sorry for the loss of a friends family. What a beautiful thought, that Rielee was there and part of the welcome wagon.

I have no sympathy for this woman. She is blaming the drug and what it did to her. She chose to get high, she chose to do meth and now she is a 'sober at the moment' tweaker who has no access in jail. Just the drastic weight changes show how deep in she was. There are many from the community who are college educated and successful...she is not one of them.

RieLee is the innocent who had to pay the price for Cournoyer's weakness.

Cournoyer, a Yankton Sioux Tribal member, spoke of the blight methamphetamine has been on her community, how so many are locked in the same cycle of addiction that she had been, and she urged them to re-examine their own lives.

“Meth is hurting our people, our families, our communities, but most importantly, our children,” she said. “If anything comes from this, it should be more education … I would like everyone to take a step back and look at what they’re doing.”

I just came across this archived article with photos. Such a sad case.

http://archive.argusleader.com/arti...ie-Cournoyer-hurts-my-heart-know-failed-them-

Thinking of RieLee today and always. No more tears, no more loneliness, no more pain. Only happiness now for you precious, precious girl.

I just had my baby Joseph 6 weeks ago RieLee. He sure could use a wonderful soul like you to look down on him every once in a while and guide him.

Fly free pretty girl.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth