UID Victim: The Female Toddler, UP9704, found Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

If you read through the first page (and the links) of the Joseph Brewer thread, you will see that this rumor came from a poster who commented on this blog

http://animalnewyork.com/2010/west-islip-man-was-only-guilty-of-maybe-banging-a-hooker/

Remember that blogs are not usually considered reliable sources of info and the poster didn't provide a link to his source of info. The comment just said, "...so I've been informed."

Mind you, I'm still re reading the thread to see if it was sleuthed further, maybe further info was found later in the discussion. If I find anything else, I will update. The Joseph Bread thread is here...

I had read it some where els as well...not just here. But I am well aware that there are no facts to go off of here. I've been reading this case from day one and have found more rumors here now then anywhere els.

Anyone know of cultures that regularly put jewelry on their toddlers? I am asking because the I had never in my life seen jewelry on a baby until a friend of mine married a Cuban woman. That baby wore fine jewelry too, not trinkets from a gumball machine.

I am not trying to stereotype or offend anyone or anything, I am merely trying to narrow down where this baby may have come from. I wonder if the cops in Suffolk County are aware that many people (like myself) would find it damn odd to see a baby in gold and diamond jewelry. I have really only seen it done commonly among the Hispanics that live in my town.

Anyone know of cultures that regularly put jewelry on their toddlers? I am asking because the I had never in my life seen jewelry on a baby until a friend of mine married a Cuban woman. That baby wore fine jewelry too, not trinkets from a gumball machine.

I am not trying to stereotype or offend anyone or anything, I am merely trying to narrow down where this baby may have come from. I wonder if the cops in Suffolk County are aware that many people (like myself) would find it damn odd to see a baby in gold and diamond jewelry. I have really only seen it done commonly among the Hispanics that live in my town.

Many Italians and Italian Americans still pierce the ears of female babies and toddlers.

Many Italians and Italian Americans still pierce the ears of female babies and toddlers.

I think I read somewhere that police thought the baby was "not Caucasian." Due to the fact that no one seems to have reported this baby missing, I am leaning heavily towards mom and baby being recent immigrants.

I think I read somewhere that police thought the baby was "not Caucasian." Due to the fact that no one seems to have reported this baby missing, I am leaning heavily towards mom and baby being recent immigrants.

HA! That is a good idea actually. I remember thinking right away myself that it was odd for a young child to have so much jewelry. But it never hit me that it's probably part of their culture.
I was just reading up on it. Didn't really get down to the bottom of things just kinda skimmed threw. But from what I seen is that in Indian, Chinese, and Hispanic culture it's pretty normal for a child to be sporting some bling. But then interesting enough on another sight I found this thread about a 2 year old girl in NY who was robbed of her $300 bracelet. A young boy was also robbed. And some have said that it's an inner city thing to get bling for your child. So who knows.
Just seems odd to me that one would be prostituting her self as her child wore gold. I mean I'm all for spoiling my kid and everything but how do you afford to do that when you can't even afford not to oh IDK not have sex with strangers for money?????
And so really then that kinda only leaves us with two options. She was prostitute who brought her child along (really isn't that uncommon) or this was a domestic.
Either way when you really think about it.....it's funny how the perp didn't take the childs jewelry to delay the identification. Its all most as if the perp knew no one would be looking for them. At least not looking on LI.

I hate to say this, but it is likely that the mother of the child (if a prostitute) was hooking for reasons not really pertaining to the benefit of her child. Maybe she was a drug addict who could have otherwise gone on welfare with her baby but for the fact that she needed money for drugs. It would also explain the desperation of taking her baby with her on a "call." I found too that drug addicts tend to make odd, irrational decisions, and blinging out a baby when you are poor might be one of them.

Heck maybe the victim came with her husband from Central America as an illegal immigrant and her husband killed them and then told her family that she took off with another man. Maybe her family back in the mountains of Guatemala is suspicious but feels they have no way to investigate. BTW, something very similar to this happened with that baby that was found in an ice chest in NYC in 1993. There are a huge number of people in NYC who live on the periphery. They are illegal immigrants who keep on the down low intentionally. Many women who come with husbands or boyfriends stay home and never really meet anyone, so no one really knows when they go missing.

Although I find it strange to put jewelry on a baby, I am sure that the mothers who do this do it as a way to show that their baby is "valued." Thus I do not think this child was entirely neglected.

I know there are people out there who have a cavalier attitude about the victims in this case because they were "*advertiser censored*," but at the very least I would think everyone would rally to find the murdered of a toddler. Why is there so little outrage over this?

I agree as well, this aspect has been brought up before on here and I am almost positive that the mother is an immigrant, most likely here illegally. Due to their status any relatives and/or friends may be afraid to come forward.

Photos of the jewelry the baby was wearing should be distributed in Brentwood, Central Islip, North Bay Shore, Hempstead, Westbury, Farmingville, etc

I agree as well, this aspect has been brought up before on here and I am almost positive that the mother is an immigrant, most likely here illegally. Due to their status any relatives and/or friends may be afraid to come forward.

Photos of the jewelry the baby was wearing should be distributed in Brentwood, Central Islip, North Bay Shore, Hempstead, Westbury, Farmingville, etc

Yep I agree with ya guys...most likely an prostitute who brought her daughter along and was also here illegally or not...but an immigrant.

Or very likely that mother and child have absolutely no relation to any of the other cases. If I had to guess, the child was born while the mother was in captivity. We have all heard about many other cases where a woman was abducted and eventually gave birth to her abductor's child (or to a Jon if she was put into captivity to work as a prostitute for her abductor's clients).

Or very likely that mother and child have absolutely no relation to any of the other cases. If I had to guess, the child was born while the mother was in captivity. We have all heard about many other cases where a woman was abducted and eventually gave birth to her abductor's child (or to a Jon if she was put into captivity to work as a prostitute for her abductor's clients).

I disagree with your "very likely" scenario. I think the number of murdered prostitutes exceeds the number of children born to women in captivity. Plus, this mother and child were found in close proximity to other murdered prostitutes... by location alone there's more likely a connection.

Just a thought. Perhaps this woman wasn't a prostitute, but a victim of opportunity? Perhaps a stranded motorist? I just read about the I-5 killer out of California and he would murder prostitutes, but a few of his victims were women whose cars had broken down by the side of the road. Just throwing it out there.

Just a thought. Perhaps this woman wasn't a prostitute, but a victim of opportunity? Perhaps a stranded motorist? I just read about the I-5 killer out of California and he would murder prostitutes, but a few of his victims were women whose cars had broken down by the side of the road. Just throwing it out there.

It's a very good idea my only problem with that is then someone would have reported her missing. I mean maybe not, maybe she didn't have family. But if it was a random attack on a woman and her child just can't help but to think that there would be a father, boyfriend, sister, mother, or someone looking for those two.

So maybe the mother is a victim of sex trafficking? Then why kill the toddler? Why wait until the child is a toddler? Why would her captor never terminate the pregnancy if that's the case?

Here on the West Coast, at least in So Cal it is very common for Latin/Hispanic children to wear gold bracelets, little rings, earrings and chains.
If the child was born while mom was being held against her will, I doubt she would have been adorned in jewelry. I also don't think the child was placed there by momma while she turned a trick. Toddlers are notorious for toddling around, my understanding is she was wrapped in a blanket? Which leads me to believe she was killed and then placed. That's all just my opinion though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back