SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/3...g-south-carolina-women-while-police-discover/

Snipped:
"She's a beautiful young lady," the woman's father, Terry Elvis, told FoxNews.com. "She’s a good-hearted girl . . . always helpful and active in her church activities. Everybody loved her."

-VS-

http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com/archive/2012/12

Click on Archives as it saves time going to the very beginning. There's some pretty sad, depressing, deep posts. Lots of lesbian as well as heterosexual stuff. So comparing her dad's statement with the explicit *advertiser censored* she posted - wow. I think she had some very serious identity issues and I feel terrible for her. Wish there was something I could do. Really want to make a positive difference here and don't know which way to turn. Usually I'm not at a loss of words, there's always something to donate to. In this situation, if that is her body that was found, what would be an appropriate charity?

Perhaps a LGBT organization or an Anti-bullying organization. JMO though. It's an awfully sweet and refreshing gesture on your part. Not many care to look past the obvious like you're doing! Thank you for showing that good people do still exist!

Let's just keep hoping the tweet is wrong!

There are some cute photos of herself strewn throughout her Tumblr, including her a twitter profile pic before photoshopping. Then there's another pose wearing the same attire. These couple of photos look professional.

Perhaps a LGBT organization or an Anti-bullying organization. JMO though. It's an awfully sweet and refreshing gesture on your part. Not many care to look past the obvious like you're doing! Thank you for showing that good people do still exist!

Let's just keep hoping the tweet is wrong!

What a nice thing to say. Thank you!

I'm with you guys on this. I'd rather hear it from police, or her family, or media.

Plus, if it is true, then how did the family even have time to react? If her body was found a few minutes before that person posted, then how could the family have all been informed in that short amount of time? What was the rush for this girl to post it? Why not wait for an official statement? Idk, maybe it's just how people react. Sort of rubs me the wrong way though. Is she a friend of Heather's? If so, were they close? Why the need to post that without an official statement from somebody that's actually living though this whole ordeal? Is she a family spokesperson or something? Did she have clearance to tweet that? Idk, just seems kind of callous...not saying that was her intention, just that maybe more thought should have been put into it if its true. Kwim?

I'm with you guys on this. I'd rather hear it from police, or her family, or media.

Plus, if it is true, then how did the family even have time to react? If her body was found a few minutes before that person posted, then how could the family have all been informed in that short amount of time? What was the rush for this girl to post it? Why not wait for an official statement? Idk, maybe it's just how people react. Sort of rubs me the wrong way though. Is she a friend of Heather's? If so, were they close? Why the need to post that without an official statement from somebody that's actually living though this whole ordeal? Is she a family spokesperson or something? Did she have clearance to tweet that? Idk, just seems kind of callous...not saying that was her intention, just that maybe more thought should have been put into it if its true. Kwim?

twitter profile stats NMB (north myrtle beach) probably high school kid, likely to be no relation.

Heather20k-page1_zps650cfe94.jpg

You Rock Kimi, thank you!!

I honestly don't believe I've ever been so touched, moved, or felt such overwhelming feelings from a MP flyer.. This young woman is deeply loved by her family, and as I said a MP flyer has NEVER conveyed such deep feelings as what Heather's does..jmo, tho.

Heather, you have so many people fighting to find you and absolutely will not stop, falter, or even slow down until you're found..

No matter what this family deserves to have their daughter back..no matter what..

Someone knows something that can bring closure for this family.. Please, whoever you are tell what you know so Heather can be brought back home in whatever capacity possible..

my prayers for her loved ones, along with the so many who are searching for Heather!

<<snip>>
If those were my daughters remains, I probably would want them to be somewhat secretive on it. Lots of rumors and crazy stories can get out of control fast on the internet.

It already has gotten crazy. Stories circulating in NY that BD's remains were found. News media all over it. Facebook, Twitter and websites all aglow with posts about all sorts of speculations and rumor -- including Mr. Johnny Brown, Brittanee, Heather and unknown persons. It would be best to keep facts quiet until LE knows something for certain.

Since you were on the searches and stuff. Is the location where these bones found in odd place to search. It almost sounds like someone new the bones were there.

Honestly, I don't know. I am a volunteer who showed up to search...and went where ever they told me to go. The way I understood it, LE coordinated searches that CUE conducted. And CUE managed most of the community searchers who showed up.
After looking at numerous maps of the area, nothing would be out of bounds for searching, if I were conducting searches -- especially areas close to PTL, HE's condo, parents home, the wooded areas and water nearby.

Am I allowed to post a SS of it, or no?

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

We do not have a person of interest or suspect named in this case by law enforcement. Sleuthing anyone and posting on Websleuths is not allowed unless or until someone is named by law enforcement, this includes public sites showing addresses etc. This also includes family.

We are a victim friendly site and this includes family and friends. No bashing of anyone. No sleuthing or discussing anyone in a suspect manner unless we have a suspect named.

Rumor is not allowed, you can discuss and speculate about anything we already know thru law enforcement and main stream media.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

This is a repost by Imamaze from page 1 of this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10077146#post10077146

I am sharing it, with all due respect. I know how much we care about Heather, and her family. You never know who might be reading your posts. It's something to keep in mind before you hit send. JMHO

#PrayersForHeather
#PrayersForTheElvisFamily
#FindHeather

Oh my goodness. A third missing woman? She is missing from a location not too far from HE. This is getting scary!

Just pure speculation & gut instinct, but from reading posts & comments from friends... It seems her family strongly believes someone knows something they aren't coming forward with... Which leads me to assume they are under the impression someone she personally knows is involved w/ her disappearance. & I noticed a person around her age commented that HE often parked her car places & hopped in the car with friends or people she knows to go somewhere else. I know I did that frequently when I was that age. I'd meet up with a friend & leave my car at point a & ride with a friend to point b. again pure brainstorming... But if she was seeing someone who was in another relationship, it would seem logical that she would meet up w/ him somewhere she wouldn't be seen getting into the car with him & she could have chosen that area bc shes familiar with it & no that it's unlikely she'd be seen.
I believe these thoughts are all right on target from what I've gathered. It makes the most sense when putting putting together the pieces of the rumors with the location of PTL. Heather was single, had her own place and the freedom to do as she wished.

As for the accuracy of the post I mentioned earlier, it seems as though it was a moot point after all. The news media and LE reports say police or "authorities" actually made the bones find anyway.

"Police searching for two women who recently vanished in South Carolina came upon a set of human skeletal remains near where a third woman disappeared three years ago."

"While scouring a heavily wooded area for Elvis on Saturday, authorities found 'adult skeletal remains,' said Lt. Peter Cestare of the Horry County Police Department."

On WMBF news they said the newest missing woman is 36 and they mentioned her "caretaker," was this person mentally impaired?

Ok, WMBF news is leading with the skeletal remains and "with so many unsolved missing persons in the area, we will review some of the most mysterious missing cases"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member