OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she was possibly with them during the chase. (The owner of the car) Anyone ever hear where she was while they were out riding in her car? That would keep her from saying anything for sure. Could there have been 4 in the car?

I wonder if she was possibly with them during the chase. (The owner of the car) Anyone ever hear where she was while they were out riding in her car? That would keep her from saying anything for sure. Could there have been 4 in the car?

I've never heard that she was with them, just that they had her car.

I've never heard that she was with them, just that they had her car.

Me either but where was she? If they have had such a hard time proving CN was the driver because of lack of witnesses, then I guess it could be a possibility. I have never heard anyone say where she was while they had her car for several hours.

Me either but where was she? If they have had such a hard time proving CN was the driver because of lack of witnesses, then I guess it could be a possibility. I have never heard anyone say where she was while they had her car for several hours.

I have no idea. All I've heard is that Con had the car all day before the chase. Just running around, hanging out, doing whatever it was he did with his time. I don't know at what point during the day Colt and Molly got in the car.

On OFMM it says Molly's grandpa was interviewed by KTEN News. Supposed to air tonight, so it should be on their website pretty soon after that.

The night of July 7 was a Sunday night. She works, so she needed her vehicle that next morning but I don't think she had to get up early per se. (more like 7:30 or 8) She lives in Carter County where the chase originated. They had already been seen in Love County earlier that evening without her, a few hours later they are in Carter County where she lives... Maybe they went and picked her up??? Why were they back in Carter County and why would she let him drive her car knowing she would have to be at work on Monday?? I would love to have more info on her that night and Monday morning. If she was with them, she will take the fraud charge and not utter another word. Why would a mother knowingly cover for a guy that is possibly involved in a double murder? The only thing I come up with is she is an accessory. My word, if she was clean her attorney would have giving info before the fraud charges hit. Her silence makes no sense to me. What do you folks think? Why hasn't she talked before the charges hit?

I spoke briefly with Molly's cousin PMF at an event and she called it exactly right. On December 2 she said that arrests were coming, that Sabrina would be the first to go down, and for exactly these charges. She said probably not before Christmas, but soon.

She also said that Con had Sabrina's car the entire day before the chase that night. And that Con and Sabrina are no longer a couple, but Sabrina is BFFs with Con's sister.

Con was already on probation for several drug charges from 2010 and 2011, so this warrant is especially bad news for him. Still no murder or manslaughter charges, though, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

For his full criminal record, go here and search for Nipp, James C:

http://www1.odcr.com/

Interesting that his only infractions in Love County were traffic-related.

IMO, I think LE is trying to shake something loose. They are taking these people down for offenses that will be able to stand up in court. LE is probably hoping someone will tell what they know about what happened to Molly and Colt, so thay can get off easier on these offenses.

This is all speculation . . . I'm so glad there is movement on this case!

The night of July 7 was a Sunday night. She works, so she needed her vehicle that next morning but I don't think she had to get up early per se. (more like 7:30 or 8) She lives in Carter County where the chase originated. They had already been seen in Love County earlier that evening without her, a few hours later they are in Carter County where she lives... Maybe they went and picked her up??? Why were they back in Carter County and why would she let him drive her car knowing she would have to be at work on Monday?? I would love to have more info on her that night and Monday morning. If she was with them, she will take the fraud charge and not utter another word. Why would a mother knowingly cover for a guy that is possibly involved in a double murder? The only thing I come up with is she is an accessory. My word, if she was clean her attorney would have giving info before the fraud charges hit. Her silence makes no sense to me. What do you folks think? Why hasn't she talked before the charges hit?

Lawyers usually don't want their clients talking to anyone (reporters, police, etc.). I think it was possible her lawyer told her not to talk. The lawyers want to do all the talking.

JMO

Besides trying to live in a small town with the stigma of "snitch" attached to your name?

Keeping quiet might have seemed like the best course as long as no one was arresting her at her job at 4:00 on a Friday afternoon and hauling her off to jail. But now that she's been arrested, fingerprinted, mugshotted, and spent some time sitting in a cell, she might be having second thoughts about that. She's going to have to make some hard decisions, and soon.

As far as what happened that Sunday, it probably wasn't the first time Sabrina let Con use her car. I imagine she expected him back later that day and wonder what went through her mind as the hours passed and he didn't reappear. Whether Con was in touch and telling her what was going on, or making lame excuses for not being back yet, or if he was just ignoring her calls and texts, I doubt if she got much sleep that night. We know she was awake at 6:30am on Monday, reporting her car stolen.

He certainly is.

"As a result of that investigation, the Highway Patrol presented to the Carter County district attorney's office over 500 pages in investigative reports," said Lt. Jay Clary. "Based out of that investigation, two warrants were issued."

<snip>

"We can anticipate that there will be more arrests within the next weeks and months to come," said Lt. Clary.

I keep seeing "arrests". As in plural, certainly seems like they know more but if he is not charged with murder who else could be gettin arrested and for what? Maybe corrupt LE?

I've only recently become oriented with this case after seeing a flyer in a truck stop west of El Reno.

Is it possible LE is hoping they can get CN (and possibly Sabrina) in jail on these lesser charges while the evidence pans out on the disappearances? If CN is in jail when the final piece falls into place he can't run from the charges. Maybe they "know" via circumstantial or less substantial evidence that he (or they) were directly involved in what happened to Molly and Colt, but cannot yet prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Whatever the case I'm happy to see some movement with this case. I've spent the last week binge-reading any and all information I could find on this case. Needless to say, I was enraged by what I found. As a SW OK native, I can absolutely identify with the small town politics and what not.

Also, I hope that I phrased that so that it did not imply guilt where guilt is not proven. That's purely speculation on my part. I hope only to see justice where it is called for.

I think that she is the only weak link. Everyone else that knows was probably actually involved in covering up. Maybe he was dumb enough to admit to her.

The other thing I was thinking and probably her attorney is too, is why say it was a lie to insurance company? Why not say it was a lie to LE to keep her then BF out of jail? Which one has the biggest fine? If she says she lied to LE that could stop this cold IMO, if she is willing to take the consequences for an ex. Hopefully she is singing.

As soon as she made a false claim to the insurance company, she was committing fraud. IMO, she lied to both the police and the insurance company. IIRC, one needs a police report to make an insurance claim.

JMO

I keep seeing "arrests". As in plural, certainly seems like they know more but if he is not charged with murder who else could be gettin arrested and for what? Maybe corrupt LE?

I don't know, but I've had a nagging feeling that more than one person was involved in disposing of the bodies.

http://www.news-star.com/article/20121025/NEWS/121029839 (from 2012)

On Moccasin Road, 2 ½ miles outside of Wilson, Hernandez said Battles slowed the car down and jumped out. The car was not placed in gear and had a passenger, James Conn Nipp still inside of it. The car rolled into a ditch and both Battles and Nipp were ordered to the ground. Battles elected to make a run for it and was unsuccessful. While Parsley was taking Battles into custody, Nipp elected to not stick around and left the scene.

I don't know, but I've had a nagging feeling that more than one person was involved in disposing of the bodies.

I agree. That age group tends to do things in groups. I can imagine another guy or two on parole, probation, or with a record helping CN.

JMO

I absolutely believe there was more than 1 person involved in disposing the bodies. Hopefully they have CN's phone records and have gotten some info from that.

I've only recently become oriented with this case after seeing a flyer in a truck stop west of El Reno.

Is it possible LE is hoping they can get CN (and possibly Sabrina) in jail on these lesser charges while the evidence pans out on the disappearances? If CN is in jail when the final piece falls into place he can't run from the charges. Maybe they "know" via circumstantial or less substantial evidence that he (or they) were directly involved in what happened to Molly and Colt, but cannot yet prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Whatever the case I'm happy to see some movement with this case. I've spent the last week binge-reading any and all information I could find on this case. Needless to say, I was enraged by what I found. As a SW OK native, I can absolutely identify with the small town politics and what not.

Also, I hope that I phrased that so that it did not imply guilt where guilt is not proven. That's purely speculation on my part. I hope only to see justice where it is called for.

Welcome to the case! Any perspective you can offer is very welcome here.

This seems like an overnight development to us because we've been waiting, waiting, waiting with no news and then suddenly, BAM! Sabrina's arrested and there's a warrant out for Con. But we haven't been privy to everything going on behind the scenes, and I think OHP made sure to get their ducks in a row and build strong cases before setting this all in motion. It's been in the works for a while so, for the moment, I'm choosing to believe that OHP knows exactly what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow