CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?ref=stream

1240648_620106978033709_749536956_n.jpg

Verified Insiders: Dragracerz, Caron and klsyfoxy

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

:bump: for Bryce! His thread was way back on page 4.

I found this story tonight. I know 4 days ain't 40. But it is hope:

Nicholas Simmons disappeared from his parents' house in a small upstate New York town on New Year's Day, leaving behind his wallet, cellphone and everything else.

Four days later, an Associated Press photographer, looking for a way to illustrate unusually cold weather, snapped his picture as he warmed himself on a steam grate a few blocks from the U.S. Capitol.

"It could have been months before we had a lead on his whereabouts. My baby looks so lost and I will be spending the rest of my life making him well," she wrote.

The photo, taken Saturday by AP photographer Jacquelyn Martin, showed Simmons with his unshaven face pressed against a grate outside the Federal Trade Commission. He wore a ski jacket and a hood over his head. A thick gray blanket covered his lower body.

Martin was assigned to the White House that weekend, but with President Barack Obama still on vacation in Hawaii, she spent the day looking for shots that would illustrate the cold weather. That is how she found Nick Simmons, in an area where homeless people often gather when it is frigid outside. She found a cluster of men huddled around the grate, introduced herself and started taking pictures.

Then she noticed one person in particular, huddled under a blanket.

The newspaper had run the photo of Nick and was contacting Martin to tell her that Nick's family had recognized him and was trying to locate him. Michelle Simmons was certain that the young man in the photograph was her son, missing for four days.

Police picked Simmons up Sunday afternoon and took him to a hospital, said police Capt. Patrick Phelan. http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=21...c.1.32.mobile-gws-serp..6.19.5421.4Qs2omBwG3U

I posted this on Teleka Patrick's thread but it applies to Bryce as well. God bless him.
nicholas-simmons-internal.jpg
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/05/nicholas-simmons-missing-man-reunited-with-family-after-ap-photograph/

I posted this on Teleka Patrick's thread but it applies to Bryce as well. God bless him.
nicholas-simmons-internal.jpg
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/05/nicholas-simmons-missing-man-reunited-with-family-after-ap-photograph/

Thanks for the article. This young man looks so very lost and sad. Thank goodness his family got to him before the streets ate him alive. This gives a glimmer of hope that the same miracle can happen for Bryce.

If Nancy Grace can do a show on missing 20 yr old Heather Elvis tonight, Brittanee Drexel, and many others why hasn't a show been done on Bryce?

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/local...3f0-76fd-11e3-b867-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heather's case has received much more publicity, a $25,000 reward has been established and her father, family and friends have been relentless in getting her name in the news. A petition was also set up to get her case on the Nancy Grace show. From what I understand of her disappearance, there is nothing that would indicate she walked away on her own and she wasn't acting odd leading up to her disappearance. Bryce's family might be able to rally support to encourage the Nancy Grace show to air Bryce's story but it would definitely have been a lot easier three weeks into his disappearance than it would be now. Unfortunately, thousands of people go missing in the US every day, it would be impossible to feature them all on Nancy Grace, Disappeared, etc.

Heather's case has received much more publicity, a $25,000 reward has been established and her father, family and friends have been relentless in getting her name in the news. A petition was also set up to get her case on the Nancy Grace show. From what I understand of her disappearance, there is nothing that would indicate she walked away on her own and she wasn't acting odd leading up to her disappearance. Bryce's family might be able to rally support to encourage the Nancy Grace show to air Bryce's story but it would definitely have been a lot easier three weeks into his disappearance than it would be now. Unfortunately, thousands of people go missing in the US every day, it would be impossible to feature them all on Nancy Grace, Disappeared, etc.

Yes that's true. I've noticed the family of missing Dr Teleka Patrick has been very relentless as well

I think NG does many cases from Cali such as the Sierra Lamar case. I think Bryce's case is very bizarre, intriguing and interesting mystery especially his behavior, BW and being reported missing twice and everything else leading up to his disappearance that morning. I would have liked to see it shown on Nancy Grace show or NG Mysteries, Dateline and others The Teleka Patrick case has a few similarities to BL case.

You also have to remember that Nancy Grace isn't shy and won't back down from asking some tough questions that the family might not be willing to answer. Unfortunately, there are so many boys Bryce's age missing in California under strange and intriguing circumstances.

ETA - It looks like Heather's case might be picked up by Dateline or at least is getting some exposure on their FB page.

I called NCMEC, who said that Bryce's case is still open with them. His category is "Missing". His NCMEC case number is 1222511. Here's his NCMEC listing:
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMA/1222511

I know that sometimes there's a delay between law enforcement disposition of a case and that info getting through to NCMEC for their system, so I decided to check further.

I found Bryce still listed on the State of California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General, Missing Persons page, Agency: Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department, Case Number: 131196406.
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=2321324200242

He's listed on there as Missing Person, Report Type: Unknown Circumstances.

I called them, and they said they still have an active case for him. They said they have no further information on his case status except that it's open with them, and gave me another number to call for the specific PD assigned to Bryce's case.

The number they gave me was Granada Hills Missing Persons, and isn't a number I can find used for a PD contact for Bryce before.

I've been trying to call them, but I haven't been able to get through. I'll let you all know what they say when I do.

I called NCMEC, who said that Bryce's case is still open with them. His category is "Missing". His NCMEC case number is 1222511. Here's his NCMEC listing:

I know that sometimes there's a delay between law enforcement disposition of a case and that info getting through to NCMEC for their system, so I decided to check further.

I found Bryce still listed on the State of California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General, Missing Persons page, Agency: Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department, Case Number: 131196406.

I called them, and they said they still have an active case for him. They said they have no further information on his case status except that it's open with them, and gave me another number to call for the specific PD assigned to Bryce's case.

The number they gave me was Granada Hills Missing Persons, and isn't a number I can find used for a PD contact for Bryce before.

I've been trying to call them, but I haven't been able to get through. I'll let you all know what they say when I do.

My sister & brother in-law live in Granada Hills. Not near Castaic. Strange. Thanks for all your efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got through to Granada Hills twice, but each time, they seemed unable to hear me, and they hung up lol. I'll try again tomorrow.

I got through to Granada Hills twice, but each time, they seemed unable to hear me, and they hung up lol. I'll try again tomorrow.

What information do you think they will give you about the case? They probably have nothing new to share.

Thank you!

In California I believe it is mandatory that LE report any missing person to DOJ within a certain number of hours or days upon starting an investigation (Since Bryce is under the age of 21 I think he would have had to be reported to both agencies within a few hours of LE notification that he was considered missing.) They are also required to report to DOJ when an individual is found but only if they are absolutely certain that the individual has been found.

I believe, after a certain amount of time if the case isn't active (30 days?), LE (usually the case is investigated by LE of the city in which the missing person was last seen or known to have been) is supposed to transfer the case over to LE in the city closest to where the missing person lives. Granada Hills is odd. Isn't Granada Hills adjacent to Northridge?

What information do you think they will give you about the case? They probably have nothing new to share.

The PI's statements in the recent articles confused me. It sounded like law enforcement might have closed his case. So I'm just verifying whether his case is still open and active. I may be the only person wondering that, but I thought I'd share the info anyway, just in case anyone else was wondering.

Thank you!

In California I believe it is mandatory that LE report any missing person to DOJ within a certain number of hours or days upon starting an investigation (Since Bryce is under the age of 21 I think he would have had to be reported to both agencies within a few hours of LE notification that he was considered missing.) They are also required to report to DOJ when an individual is found but only if they are absolutely certain that the individual has been found.

I believe, after a certain amount of time if the case isn't active (30 days?), LE (usually the case is investigated by LE of the city in which the missing person was last seen or known to have been) is supposed to transfer the case over to LE in the city closest to where the missing person lives. Granada Hills is odd. Isn't Granada Hills adjacent to Northridge?

Yes, it is adjacent to Northridge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The PI's statements in the recent articles confused me. It sounded like law enforcement might have closed his case. So I'm just verifying whether his case is still open and active. I may be the only person wondering that, but I thought I'd share the info anyway, just in case anyone else was wondering.

I still think Bryce is deceased as his case seems similar to the Teleka Patrick case as with Teleka I think Bryce had a mental breakdown, fugue, psychotic episode that led to foul play or succumbing to the elements. I really wish there was some organized searches as I would love to help. I have some vacation time. I'm afraid after over four months with passing of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years most important holidays with no word this is a very bad sign. I really like the PI the Patrick family has hired. He is quite honest and doesn't BS. He is really on top of his game and doesn't come across as a social media hound but as a very good detective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie