NY NY - Destiny Vican, 12, East Harlem, 10 Jan 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Destiny Vican
destiny-vican.jpg

Destiny Vican, 12, was last seen inside of her East Harlem, New York home at 2170 Lexington Ave. on Friday, January 10th, 2014 at about 7:30 pm. Destiny is a Hispanic female 5' 9", weighs in at 150 lbs, with curly black hair and tanned skin. It should be noted that even though she is a resident of East Harlem, she was reported missing in Manhattan, New York.

Please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or the Crime Stoppers website at http://www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or by texting tips to CRIMES[274637] and entering TIP577.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ing-in-Manhattan-Destiny-Vican-239755481.html

It would be interesting to know more about the circumstances.

Destiny Vican
destiny-vican.jpg

Destiny Vican, 12, was last seen inside of her East Harlem, New York home at 2170 Lexington Ave. on Friday, January 10th, 2014 at about 7:30 pm. Destiny is a Hispanic female 5' 9", weighs in at 150 lbs, with curly black hair and tanned skin. It should be noted that even though she is a resident of East Harlem, she was reported missing in Manhattan, New York.

Please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or the Crime Stoppers website at http://www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or by texting tips to CRIMES[274637] and entering TIP577.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ing-in-Manhattan-Destiny-Vican-239755481.html

The height and weight is that of an adult female. I hope she has not come into harmful circumstances.

Oh, what a beautiful young girl! I hope she is OK.

What makes me wonder is why was she reported missing in Manhattan? ...Does that mean she was last seen in Manhattan, which is contrary of where the report says she was last seen. I'm know there are more NUGGETs of info that will clear this up more, I hope.

I stand corrected on that. East Harlem is in Manhattan. Goes to show you how much I know about New York...other than the great food..so I hear.

East Harlem is a neighborhood in Manhattan.

That's right. There are five boroughs in NYC: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island. Harlem is a neighborhood in Manhattan, not its own borough.

Even though many people think of "Manhattan" as being everything on the island below Harlem, Manhattan actually includes everything up until the Bronx. This includes Harlem and Washington Heights, even though those neighborhoods aren't necessarily what we think of when we think of "Manhattan" as far as in popular culture.

As a native NY'er it was humorous to see Harlem being put someplace other than in Manhattan!
Hope she is found soon, though the weather is not a concern tonight - it is almost spring like. You can get pretty far pretty quick in NYC by public transportation. I wonder if she has a BF? 12 sounds so young, but 5'9" sounds like she may have matured very early?

The height and weight is that of an adult female. I hope she has not come into harmful circumstances.

I completely agree. The picture looks like she could be a high school or even college graduate. It's really a curse for girls who aren't even teens yet to look like adults - puts them in so much danger.

Prayers she is safe and will be returned home.

I was close to her height and weight at 12. It was rough, I stuck out like a sore thumb in my class photos and on the playground. I was taller than all the girls and all but two of the boys. I was teased mercilessly and I used to hate it but have since learned to love it. I wouldn't take an inch off of my height now. I can usually see pretty well in a crowd, never have to have skirts/pants hemmed (although I do often have to buy the "tall" sizes), and there aren't that many guys that are shorter than me in flats. Plus my hubby is 6' tall and he's the only guy that matters anyhow.

It is rough to look older....on the positive side, though, women of her height are often easier to spot/don't blend in as easily. Hopefully someone will spot her somewhere and she will be home soon.

I wish I were 5' 9"....sniff...sniff...can I borrow about 3 inches of height...please?

Nothing new? No updates or anything??

WHY no news??? I can't find an article more recent than two days ago. :(

Hope this sweet girl is found soon :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bump. No updates or articles on this child that I could find...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back