TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly enough, there is also a Mockingbird Bridal. FLEK also used a Mockingbird address. Address and phone number at this link. I don't remember what address on a mockingbird she used.

http://mockingbirdbridal.com

I looked through 1/4 of findagrave's online listing for Woodbine. So far, I have about 16 names if anyone is interested in dividing and conquering?

I'd be glad to look at some, but I'd don't know what to do with them. Are you thinking just people searches for now?

I was thinking of doing like an audit on them to see if they appear after their deaths. I am out with my mom for a couple hours right now and list is at home.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

I have a lot of free time on my hands so i don't mind doing some audits, though I may need some advice on how to go about it best.

I looked through 1/4 of findagrave's online listing for Woodbine. So far, I have about 16 names if anyone is interested in dividing and conquering?

Oh! I can help! Although I cannot guarantee results. This will be my first time really diving into a case here. I will sure try my best, though!

Interestingly enough, there is also a Mockingbird Bridal. FLEK also used a Mockingbird address. Address and phone number at this link. I don't remember what address on a mockingbird she used.

http://mockingbirdbridal.com

I sure spent some time at that place back during my bridesmaid days! Funny to think I might have just missed FLEK...

I wonder if there's anyone who ever noticed anything when she was talking though. Even if she didn't have a noticeable accent, different areas have their own 'dialect' of sorts.

In New York, it's common to say 'I went over her house." when anywhere else you'd say "I went over to her house."

In Texas, people say 'y'all'. If she used that term, it might mean she was originally from Texas, but it wouldn't be noticeable to her husband if he was a native Texan.

In some places they say "the" before a freeway number ("get on the 101") while other places just say "get on 101".

Did she say soda or pop? Dinner or supper? Gravy or sauce? Carmel or caramel?

Reminds me of that quiz going around Facebook. Pinpointed my location exactly, same with others I know around the country. Too bad we don't have anyone close to her that could answer the questions in her place.

Okay....I have a list of 79 names. My criteria was...

- died before 1988
- born after 1930ish
- was under 18 when they died

I also have a concurrent list of folks who died in and around 1988, who may be associated with her. My alternate theory to a broker is....she was visiting someone's grave and came upon an opportunity with BST's headstone. IMO, this theory is far more improbable than using a broker....but I am covering my bases.

On another note! I thought I read somewhere that she did extensive genealogy searches on the Ruff clan. Did she not keep notes while doing this? Did they not find it suspect that she did not share her own family findings with ANY of the Ruffs? And if she wasn't JUST researching the Ruff family, then maybe FLEK herself WAS the initial identity broker, OR subsequently became one after her experience.

- died before 1988
- born after 1930ish

I also have a concurrent list of folks who died in and around 1988, who may be associated with her. My alternate theory to a broker is....she was visiting someone's grave and came upon an opportunity with BST's headstone. IMO, this theory is far more improbable than using a broker....but I am covering my bases.

On another note! I thought I read somewhere that she did extensive genealogy searches on the Ruff clan. Did she not keep notes while doing this? Did they not find it suspect that she did not share her own family findings with ANY of the Ruffs? And if she wasn't JUST researching the Ruff family, then maybe FLEK herself WAS the initial identity broker, OR subsequently became one after her experience.

Good list!

re: FLEK as the broker: has anyone turned up anything like steady employment? Before, during, or after her time at UT-A? i understand that this is rather a commuter school, but selling IDs on a college campus could be a steady income.

HerStory, send me a few names, I'll see what I can find.

Laughing

- died before 1988
- born after 1930ish

WHOA! That's a new theory, but it could be possible, though I think it's unlikely. I don't have a strong reason as to why. My doubts stem from her really poor spelling and writing skills. How was she able to do any research with such poor spelling, how would she look up any names.

The little that we know about her, she doesn't strike me as a bright woman who could continuously carry out identity thefts.

I wouldn't doubt that her in-laws found her genealogy searches hypocritical, ironic and strange. I wouldn't have given her any information. What did she do with all the results from her research on the family?

I'm wondering if FLEK actually had any known blood relatives? Was she adopted, adopted and abused; a foster child who didn't know anything about her biological background? I keep wondering about this.

Good list!

re: FLEK as the broker: has anyone turned up anything like steady employment? Before, during, or after her time at UT-A? i understand that this is rather a commuter school, but selling IDs on a college campus could be a steady income.

HerStory, send me a few names, I'll see what I can find.

Laughing

Her employment history is still part mystery. What had she really been doing for all those years. If she was working in the computer/IT/Marketing/Graphics field, there should be some trace of the work she has done somewhere if not online. I did notice a few people that could be connected to FLEK have computing/web design/marketing backgrounds. Although, it might not mean anything and could possibly be an industry that was quite common and popular at the time.

Perhaps she was adopted and didn't know her true blood family, and maybe the people who adopted her did horrible things to her/ect? Maybe she ran away to start her own life. I feel SOMEONE helped her to obtain this new life/identity, I really do not feel she did it completely on her own.

WHOA! That's a new theory, but it could be possible, though I think it's unlikely. I don't have a strong reason as to why. My doubts stem from her really poor spelling and writing skills. How was she able to do any research with such poor spelling, how would she look up any names.

The little that we know about her, she doesn't strike me as a bright woman who could continuously carry out identity thefts.

I wouldn't doubt that her in-laws found her genealogy searches hypocritical, ironic and strange. I wouldn't have given her any information. What did she do with all the results from her research on the family?

I'm wondering if FLEK actually had any known blood relatives? Was she adopted, adopted and abused; a foster child who didn't know anything about her biological background? I keep wondering about this.

the genealogy research could have been a cover as well if she had an interest in her own familial roots without coming across as suspect. she just says she's researching the ruff clan and no one thinks to doubt her.

I haven't checked this thread in a few weeks, and must say that ya'll have come up with some great new theories and paths to explore. Going back over the last few pages, I keep seeing mention of a bridal shop. Can somebody please give me clarification as to how that came into the picture? I can't seem to find what the possible connection is to FLEK. (With the great minds in here, I'm not doubting it...just don't know where it originated.)

I have felt all along that there is "something" relevant in the Barker family/Idaho address. I went down many rabbit holes looking into that angle and couldn't find anything conclusive, but found a lot of coincidences.

The bridal shop was from FLEK's first address during her name change in Dallas.

The bridal shop was from FLEK's first address during her name change in Dallas.

Thanks HerStory, I got the part about it being her first address in Dallas, but is there some connection between the bridal shop and the Barker family??

Edit to add: Oh, I see it now. In the obit for Mrs. B it says she was a seamstress an did alterations for brides. As I said earlier today, so many "coincidences" with the B family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks