TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the reason it is difficult to look past the husband is mostly because Karen was at home, in bed with a sick child, and her evening was over. Karen was in the process of divorcing her husband, but TN law required that she live with him for another a month or so when they would rule on temporary spousal support. The alternative is that within 48 hours of starting the divorce process she would be awarded a temporary spousal support so she could move out. It seems that this is not part of TN law.

She had to get up in the morning to clean an apartment - a job she had in addition to teaching yoga classes. Her life was starting again. I think many women report that they have never been so poor, alone, lonely, and deprived of an engaging life as when they are married to controlling men. Wasn't the husband the bread winner, connected in the business community, and he had provided a very generous lifestyle for Karen.

Yet, for some reason, Karen was willing to sacrifice all that to live in a small apartment with her daughters and clean to pay the bills. What am I missing!

Then, suddenly, she woke up her daughter and put her daughter in bed with her sister, and then she left the house. Her vehicle was found on a highway near the home. Clothing was found in a wooded area between the vehicle and the home.

Cell phones tracked to the river. The body was found tossed into the kudzu near the cemetery. If she had not been found on that cold day, when the kudzu receded, she would never have been found.

In my opinion, the location where the body was secluded is enough to think: premeditated. Such good hiding spots don't come to mind when one has just accidentally committed murder.

I have wondered if Karen's family keeps quiet so they can have contact with Karen's children. The boys were old enough to decide on a relationship with them, and have defended their dad and stuck with him. The girls are young and their dad would have that choice. But after this long, and if I had no contact with the kids anyway, I'd be making noise. It would take Karen's family coming out loud to get answers. I'm sure the sheriff has told them things and told them to keep quiet to save the case. But after this long, and after so many statements from him, I would have to discount him and make him accountable. I have adult children, and I don't think I could let them lie in a grave while the killer goes on with life. Just my thoughts on it!

Any thoughts about her son's comment on the fb page? He mentioned a cover up. I would like to know what he meant? TIA ( I wasnt sure about posting a link to the fb page, so I didnt. I can add it if its allowed.),

I haven't seen it and was looking at the "in loving Memory" page yesterday to see if there was anything new. I don't know which FB it is, so I don't know if we can see it. Maybe ask a mod??

Any thoughts about her son's comment on the fb page? He mentioned a cover up. I would like to know what he meant? TIA ( I wasnt sure about posting a link to the fb page, so I didnt. I can add it if its allowed.),

You can post a link and say see post by and the person’s initials. You can not cut and paste from FB to WS or post the person’s name.

I would like to see what you are talking about.

Hope this helps you. Welcome to WS.

What fb page are you referring to?

I haven't seen it and was looking at the "in loving Memory" page yesterday to see if there was anything new. I don't know which FB it is, so I don't know if we can see it. Maybe ask a mod??

I don't see it on the loving memory one either.

Thank you for the help and the welcome ! :) The fb page "praying for Karen Johnson's Swifts safe Return"
The son DS commented on Oct 30.

Thank you for the help and the welcome ! :) The fb page "praying for Karen Johnson's Swifts safe Return"
The son DS commented on Oct 30.

Thanks. That was a powerful statement. He thinks someone is setting up his dad and covering up for the real perp. He thinks LE is corrupt. :eek:hoh:

Yes, that is interesting. I wonder who he thinks is the culprit? Someone in LE?

It is sweet. I wonder if he moved in with his dad since his mother's murder. Weren't both sons on their own?

I think they were on their own. I would hope they would spend more time with their sisters. It has to be incredibly hard on two little girls to loose their mom.

May justice be served for Karen in 2014.

Yes, that is interesting. I wonder who he thinks is the culprit? Someone in LE?

It does make one wonder, it wouldn't be the first time...

May 2014 find the answers we seek and the justice deserved for Karen.

I find blaming LE as a convenient scapegoat. Someone is parroting what they're being told because the Truth is a brutal reality.

Were there mistakes made by LE?? Possibly, but a far cry from the Sheriff being corrupt. I find the whole situation the Swift children (adult as well as underage) have had to endure so tragic. Of course, they're going to believe their Father didn't kill their Mother. It is unimaginable to face a shocking probability. Sheriff Box did state in an interview in the State Gazette (after 3rd Search warrant served on July 3, 2013) that they had not been able to eliminate DS as a POI. Earlier, Box stated they only had one POI and had eliminated everyone else. He retracted the statement the next day, it was worded differently. To me, the writing is on the wall and has been for some time. To me, it's a work in progress and there's no "smoking gun." Only one chance and it's a circumstantial case, high-profile attorney, yada, yada, yada. I strongly believe Justice will come, but it is very frustrating!

I'm sorry, but I don't think "everyone" knows anything. People have surely been silent if they know. I have have my thoughts and they are not this young man's thoughts. I don't think the sheriff is corrupt, I just think the sheriff needed help and didn't ask for it and was not trained in the techniques needed. I also think things got out of hand from day one. If I knew who killed my mother, and would be able to prove it, I would file a civil suit to start the ball rolling. Karen's children need some guidance and I don't think they have any. So so sad.

I'm sorry, but I don't think "everyone" knows anything. People have surely been silent if they know. I have have my thoughts and they are not this young man's thoughts. I don't think the sheriff is corrupt, I just think the sheriff needed help and didn't ask for it and was not trained in the techniques needed. I also think things got out of hand from day one. If I knew who killed my mother, and would be able to prove it, I would file a civil suit to start the ball rolling. Karen's children need some guidance and I don't think they have any. So so sad.
Well, they DO have their dad. He's not incompetent, actually he's quite intelligent. He was a plant manager at Tenaris. I would think he'd be a great person to guide his children. Therein lies the problem. Box made the statement they needed to look at the last place Karen was and that was the home, (her home)at 1:30--2am the morning of Oct 30. 3 search warrants served at the home?? Husband retains Steve Farese for attorney?? What am I missing?? It just seems pretty obvious to me. The people who need to file a civil lawsuit are Karen's parents. Perhaps it would force the evidence that is under wraps to be revealed. There seems to be a huge reluctance to do the right thing here. Yes, it doesn't appear that anyone knows anything....but I think LE knows EXACTLY who killed Karen. It just takes reading between the lines IMO. The question is if they have enough evidence. I do think the murder weapon is the holdup along with the whole thing being very circumstantial. Again....all JMO.

http://www.stategazette.com/topic/karenswift
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1983374.html

This is reportedly the third time the house has been searched by law enforcement. On Nov. 10, 2011, 12 days after Karen Swift's disappearance, agents with the TBI's Violent Crimes Response Team and the Dyer County Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant. The agents searched the Swift house with sheriff's investigators and collected evidence. Also, sheriff's deputies performed a walkthrough search of the house after Karen Swift was reported missing.

When asked if David Swift was a person of interest in the case, Box stated they have not been able to rule him out since the investigation started.

Snipped from article in 2nd link from above.....I think this is pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa