UK LE request permission to interview 3 suspected burglars!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Little Jedi...I appreciate you posting those links. I really had no idea that everyone thought it was the parents all of this time. I had read the headlines so knew there were hotel clerk theories and burglar and of course the parents.

I followed in the beginning and then came Caylee and she was all that I could think about.

I thought that the only thing that "fit" was the parents but, to me, it never "felt" like they did it.

I have never really believed that Maddie is still alive. I hope upon hope whenever there is a "sighting" but no, IMO she is gone.

WOO HOO!!!! You posted a documentary!!! You rock, thanks!

ETA: ~n/t~ There is a "tractor man" too? Oh my...

Several documentaries are available on YouTube.

They stand rewatching now to see the lies re windows, doors, draughts and Tannerman...let alone the sheer enjoyment Kate seems to get talking about the case.

Other mothers still can't talk about their lost children even years later, without welling up. Kate is entirely nonchalant.

I don't know which source is more credible....UK media or NG!! :scared:

How could NG get something so wrong though as to blast it on her show with great emotion that the British are sending officers to arrest 3 men in Portugal as she speaks!

I immediately started crying. I got the feeling they felt Madeleine was taken to sell to someone as NG started talking about a case in the US where a man advertised to buy a 5 yr old girl!!! It totally confused me with what's going on about Maddy's case right now.

If there is a thread I didn't find about the NG show I'm sorry. I just hope Madeleine is alive. xo

How could NG get something so wrong though as to blast it on her show with great emotion that the British are sending officers to arrest 3 men in Portugal as she speaks!

I immediately started crying. I got the feeling they felt Madeleine was taken to sell to someone as NG started talking about a case in the US where a man advertised to buy a 5 yr old girl!!! It totally confused me with what's going on about Maddy's case right now.

If there is a thread I didn't find about the NG show I'm sorry. I just hope Madeleine is alive. xo
Awww that is so sad that you were tricked into thinking that the case had possibly come to an end!! One day it will be Maddy's turn. :grouphug:

BS is what I say. No burglars....... The parents drugged them and they screwed up!!!

this is from portugal news

The Portuguese Attorney General's Office has this evening confirmed it has received a 'note' from UK officials, revealing that it is now expecting a "request for judicial help" in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Portuguese authorities explained that they were yet to receive a formal request, but "when that happens, it will be analysed and duly carried out."

A PJ official in Lisbon added this evening that the execution of any rogatory letter or request to investigate by the Attorney-General's Office on behalf of British police will have to comply with Portuguese criminal procedure, which will govern the detention of suspects for the purposes of subsequent interrogation.

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/madeleine-portuguese-officials-await-uk-request-for-help/30378

You might want to look in 'The Parking Lot' !!

:seeya:

Just to be clear regarding the FACTS

" A spokesman for Madeleine's parents told the Daily Mirror"

All these reports started with the MIRROR

Bdz9hsVIcAIr5X2.jpg

It is a British rag, the more credible papers i.e. The Guardian have made it quite clear where the source of story has come from & Scotland Yard hasn't said any such thing !!
(Which says something in itself I think).

The ILofR being sent is the only statement from Scotland Yard.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/13/madeleine-mccann-british-police-arrests-portugal

Also Reuters make it clear that this report came from the MIRROR

(Reuters) - "British police investigating the 2007 disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Portugal want to speak to three men they believe were carrying out burglaries at the time of the girl's disappearance, the Daily Mirror reported on Monday"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/01/13/uk-britain-mccann-idUKBREA0C1KW20140113

Thanks Little Jedi...I appreciate you posting those links. I really had no idea that everyone thought it was the parents all of this time. I had read the headlines so knew there were hotel clerk theories and burglar and of course the parents.

I followed in the beginning and then came Caylee and she was all that I could think about.

I thought that the only thing that "fit" was the parents but, to me, it never "felt" like they did it.

I have never really believed that Maddie is still alive. I hope upon hope whenever there is a "sighting" but no, IMO she is gone.

Can't believe I forgot this one :

http://www.mccannfiles.com/index.html

The Mccann V Amaral Libel Trial is worth noting !!

:seeya:

Just to be clear regarding the FACTS

" A spokesman for Madeleine's parents told the Daily Mirror"

All these reports started with the MIRROR

Bdz9hsVIcAIr5X2.jpg

It is a British rag, the more credible papers i.e. The Guardian have made it quite clear where the source of story has come from & Scotland Yard hasn't said any such thing !!
(Which says something in itself I think).

The ILofR being sent is the only statement from Scotland Yard.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/13/madeleine-mccann-british-police-arrests-portugal

Also Reuters make it clear that this report came from the MIRROR

(Reuters) - "British police investigating the 2007 disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Portugal want to speak to three men they believe were carrying out burglaries at the time of the girl's disappearance, the Daily Mirror reported on Monday"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/01/13/uk-britain-mccann-idUKBREA0C1KW20140113
the above link I posted has info from LE in portugal

folks, just a random reminder... please do not discuss other posters or what position they may or may not have. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The reason that this forum was closed for so long was the repeated personal attacks and discussing one another and not the case at hand. We are not going to go down that road again and there will be zero tolerance for this. This is not directed at any post in particular as I have seen this issue cropping up from the very first post.

Carry on.

:werk:

=
princesspjs;10125904]This isn't a case that I've followed closely so I don't know all of the details like some of you probably do.

May I ask those of you that are so adamant that burglars didn't have anything to do with this please post who they think is responsible?

From the little information that I have (and it's been a while since I've looked deeply into this case) I originally thought the parents may have accidentally killed her and were trying to cover it up.

Bingo, you have good instincts.

But after spending time away from the case maybe an intruder is also possible. What if Maddie woke up almost immediately after they entered the room and for some reason the intruder killed her either on purpose or accident in trying to keep her quiet then took her body with them to I don't know where.

Why does a burglar take the body with them? Why wasn't anything else stolen? Pretty inept burglar. First he is so afraid of a tiny little girl that he has to kill her as opposed to, oh I don't know.........just leaving. Then, even though he has just committed a murder he doesn't bother to steal a thing, but being the tidy sort decides to take the body with him? Again, why?

OTOH if the parents accidently kill their child they have a very vested interest in getting rid of the body so thay can cry "kidnapping".

I
was really excited when I saw the first article that came out because that gave me some hope that the parents just might not be involved after all. :twocents: :

I will be excited when I read that SY has arrested the parents. However, based on what I am seeing lately, SY isn't smart enough or lacks the nerve.

[quote
=~n/t~;10126236]Imagine the drivers face when the other 2 show up with nothing except a little girl.
[/QUOTE]

Now that is funny.

the above link I posted has info from LE in portugal

I think there is confusion on what this alleged letter contains. I don't think it specifically says they want these 3 burglars interviewed or arrested. IMO it asks Portuguese officials to help with the investigation. From the other thread the letter was sent to 31 other countries. The tabloids ran with it and made up this story.

From your link

According to the tabloid, Scotland Yard want to quiz three burglars who carried out raids in the Portuguese resort when the three-year-old vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member