GUILTY PA - Ashley Kline, 23, Berks County, 30 December 2013

Oh my , the horror she had to go through... so sad!

http://readingeagle.com/article/20140116/NEWS/140119906#.UtfNsvRDv1o

State police said this morning they have charged two Berks County men in the murder of Ashley Lynn Kline, a 23-year-old Robesonia woman whose body was found Sunday near Middle Creek Reservoir in northern Lancaster County.

Adam Lynch, 21, of Reading, and Ryan Schannauer, 19, of Wyomissing, are charged with homicide, conspiracy, arson and abuse of a corpse.
A press conference is scheduled for today at 10 a.m. in the Lancaster County District Attorney's Office.
According to state police:
The investigation showed that Kline was picked up the evening of Dec. 30 at her house by Lynch and Schannauer. They drove her to a remote location in Clay Township, where a struggle ensued after they got out of the vehicle. Kline was stabbed multiple times, doused with gasoline and set on fire.
Both men are in custody.

Just read the article this morning...i yi yi . How horrendous. These are young kids still, to do these kinds of things I cannot imagine how they were raised. What could there reasoning have been. I hope justice is swift.

:modstop:

1) First of all, welcome to all new members! :rocker: Here is a link to all of our rules, terms of service, and posting etiquette: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

2) With the above being said I would further like to address some current issues that are going on in this thread that are :nono: and they are as follows:

3) social media: You can link to the official find fb page and that of the victim. You cannot link to other fb pages.

4) comments: are considered RUMORS and we do not allow rumors at websleuths. You can link to a media article and say, "interesting comment", etc but you may not carry on discussing a comment like it is a fact.

5) Do not sleuth or otherwise discuss persons who have not been named as a person of interest or suspect unless that has been done by law enforcement and you have a valid link to back it up as a fact.

6) ^^This includes the boyfriend^^

7) if you post a link and it comes up as ******* that link has been unapproved by websleuths for good reasons and cannot be posted or discussed.

8) if you have a problem with a post you can hit the little red triangle button in the upper right portion of the post and a moderator will get the alert.

9) you may always personal message a moderator with any questions or concerns

10) if you feel you have inside information in the case you may submit your information to our verification process. You must be verified before posting inside case information. (this does not include local information like terrain, etc, etc..)
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This thread will be opened in about 20 minutes to give everyone a chance to read the above.
reminder: do not copy and paste from social media and do not post names not connected to this case (including siblings)

also clarification... you can now post social media for the perps but no names other then the ones released. I hope this helps (perps are also open ground for sleuthing criminal records, etc)

Thanks for finding that, lists his occupation as Self Employed Landscaper in Adamstown, PA. Explains the connection there with possible evidence.

<modsnip>

It also said he graduated from Bucks in 2013 as did I. Small world. I am going to check the list of all graduates. I don't think I know him though. MOO

I am absolutely sickened. I pray she was already gone or unconscious when set on fire. They must have had this all planned, to have had a knife (knives?), gasoline, & matches/lighter/source of fire along with them. ???

I cannot comprehend evil of that magnitude. Does this state have the DP? These heathens certainly deserve it! MOO

Rest in peace, Ashley.

This world makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh, that was quick. I'm so glad they caught these guys fast! Thank you sorcerer for posting the information.

How horrible for Ashley. Words can not express how sickening this is. :(

I'm so disgusted. That poor girl. evil lurks among us. so glad she will get justice, but why?! how can one person be so evil, but two? How does that happen?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Usually it's anger that makes someone do such horrible things to somebody. That or a psycho serial killer type. So what did they think she had done? Did they want to find out how it felt to kill somebody? Were they fans of slasher movies? I don't get it!!

I'm wondering if the boys thought they'd take advantage of her and when she said no, they got angry and decided to make her pay. Or they figured she would tell on them and they couldn't let that happen.

Then again, if they had all those things in the truck, it might point to intent. I am sure we'll hear more. Sounds like they had to have left behind some clues since they were caught so quickly.

10:08
Stedman: Adam Lynch and Ryan M. Schannauer are the suspects. They are presumed innocent.
10:09
Homicide, arson, abuse of a corpse and conspiracy charges are filed against both suspects.
10:10
Stedman: Kline disappeared on Dec. 30, 2013. The last person to see her was Schannauer, who was reportedly her friend.
10:11
East Cocalico police department found some of Kline's possessions at the Bollman Hat Company after her disappearance. Her body was discovered Jan. 12 at Middle Creek Wildlife Preserve. It had been badly burned, which was why investigators were unable to ID it right away. ID was made through dental records.
Stedman: Cause of death was stabbing, and the burning.
Stedman: Investigators questioned people who had been with her last. There is a lot of evidence not included in the affidavit.
10:13
Stedman: When the suspects were questioned, their versions said Kline got in the car with them and was driven around to several locations. At some point, she was assaulted, stabbed, forced out of the car, forced into the woods at the wildlife preserve. She was doused with gasoline and set on fire while she was still alive.
10:13
Stedman: This is a terrible, heinous crime. Who exactly did what is still in question, but what is beyond clear is that both suspects participated in the intentional killing of Ms. Kline.
10:14
Stedman: after she was killed (on the day she went missing), the perps returned to the location on January 8, and burned her body again in an attempt to delay identification.
10:15
Stedman: This is a swift resolution in terms of the arrest. Congrats to state police and investigators, but this is just the beginning. Suspects are presumed innocent, and we have a lot of work to do. There are many people working on it now. There are still people out there who can provide information in this case. There is a history among all three of these individuals, and there are people who can provide more details.
10:15
Stedman: Cases like this are disturbing, but what we do will be based on the facts and the law.
10:16
Stedman: The reason we initially held details about the burning/stabbing was so that if individuals came forward and admitted those facts, only they would know the details.
10:16
State police captain Dante Orlandi, commanding officer of Troop L in Reading is speaking next.
10:17
Orlandi: It's never easy when a community faces such senseless violence. Prayers to the family.
10:17
Orlandi: Father initially reported that Kline was missing. She hadn't been heard from in several days. Last seen Dec. 30. On Jan. 2, police responded to call of a found purse in Adamstown at the hat factory. Items in the purse were connected to Ms. Kline.
10:18
Orlandi: Autopsy determined the body had been stabbed in the back, and set on fire. ID was made through dental records.
10:19
Orlandi: Investigation revealed that the accused picked up Kline on the night of Dec. 30. Indications are Kline struggled with suspects when she was forced from vehicle. She was stabbed during struggle.
10:20
Orlandi: Don't think we could have had such a quick resolution without cooperation from several different agencies.

10:21
Q&A begins.
10:21
Stedman: There are differences in each suspects' accounts. They had a gas can and knife beforehand.
10:22
Stedman: There are differences in what they did and why. But in our view, how it started is not as important as how it ended up.
Stedman: Varying accounts on whether there was a sexual assault beforehand. There are no charges on that issue yet. Open question at this point.
Stedman: Our belief is that she was not initially taken against her will. That's the most I can say at this point.
10:23
Stedman: Schannour and Kline had known one another for some time. Mr. Lynch did not know her well.
10:23
Stedman: All homicides are terrible, shocking. The particularly vicious level this was taken to is something we don't see very often.
10:24
Stedman: Each case is different, and rises and falls on the evidence we have. Every one presents its own challenges. We're still early in the investigation. It came together faster than I would have anticipated, but the state police gathered the evidence that pointed to the charges we filed.
10:24
Stedman: Body was found by two civilians.
10:25
Stedman: No comment on whether investigators have the weapon used. She was stabbed with an edged weapon.
10:26
Stedman: It's not for me to characterize their statements. Both suspects have given their versions of the events and how they transpired. Under the law, it doesn't matter. If you share the intent, you're criminally responsible. Doesn't matter who did what.
Stedman: Suspects were easy to find, arrest.
Stedman: Mr. Lynch had previously lived in Lancaster County. We don't have his prior address.
10:27
Stedman: No bail for either suspect.
Stedman: No evidence suspects attempted to dump body in Adamstown.
Stedman: Compliments hat factory for their assistance, cooperation in investigation there.
10:28
Stedman: Purse was found in Adamstown. It contained identifying information linking it to Kline.
Stedman: Won't discuss whether either suspect had prior criminal history. We're not allowed to talk about that.
Stedman: No date for first hearing.
10:29
The press conference has concluded.
10:29
LancasterOnline will post video of the entire press conference soon.

Source: http://lancasteronline.com/article/...-in-Ashley-Lynn-Kline-case.html#ixzz2qZXQ5tYE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back