GUILTY NY - Matthew Straton, 31, Rochester, 28 Oct 2013

Someone mentioned a shady ex girlfriend on Facebook.

I feel like our local media is a huge fail on this case. Time is passing.

Someone mentioned a shady ex girlfriend on Facebook.

I feel like our local media is a huge fail on this case. Time is passing.

The family has been told the media had to wait for police to authorize stories. :(

Coverage is picking up. There will be an interview with family members tomorrow Wednesday) AM. From FaceBook.

"Interview with the family coming to you live tomorrow AM thanks to channel 10 news. 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30am. Tune in early birds and please share share share️️ NEVER GIVING UP I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART #ROC — with Matthew Straton."

Matt's friends and family will not let the story die. They are getting donations from local businesses i.e. a 6x4 foot banner from a shop in Webster where Matt went to high school.(i'm not sure where it will be hung up) and printing of flyers.

Written by a famiy member, this is who Matt is:

Matt,. had the biggest, softest heart.
Matt is the oldest of many cousins on the Norton side of the family. Which you would never be able to tell cause when ever we were all together he would be playing with the kids just like he was one of them. It was a Norton family tradition that at parties and get togethers we all would play kick ball. It was so much fun playing and just watching the kids having so much fun. Matt was SOOOOO loved and adored by his little cousins.
Matt was also a HUGE animal lover. He use to foster pets until they were able to find a real home. One day they took in a black puppy that ended up being very sick, Matt nursed this puppy back to health. Day in and day out he cared for this little pup, when most people would have just given it back to the agency. He fell in love with the dog, and Token has been Matt's best friend ever since.
Matt also had a elderly neighbor when he lived on H..... I am not sure how they become friends, but S.... and Matt adopted Bob into there little family, and Bob was there for Holidays, and dinners. Matt helped Bob around the house and checked in on him daily until one day Bob pasted away. Matt had become his family, and Bob was Matt's. Matt was so heart broken over Bob's death.
And that is who Matt is. A loving caring kind soul.

from a family member:
Matt, may have been a little "ruff around the edges" at times, but he had the biggest, softest heart.
Matt is the oldest of many cousins on the Norton side of the family. Which you would never be able to tell cause when ever we were all together he would be playing with the kids just like he was one of them. It was a Norton family tradition that at parties and get togethers we all would play kick ball. It was so much fun playing and just watching the kids having so much fun. Matt was SOOOOO loved and adored by his little cousins.
Matt was also a HUGE animal lover. He use to foster pets until they were able to find a real home. One day they took in a black puppy that ended up being very sick, Matt nursed this puppy back to health. Day in and day out he cared for this little pup, when most people would have just given it back to the agency. He fell in love with the dog, and Token has been Matt's best friend ever since.
Matt also had a elderly neighbor when he lived on Hillcrest. I am not sure how they become friends, but Sara and Matt adopted Bob into there little family, and Bob was there for Holidays, and dinners. Matt helped Bob around the house and checked in on him daily until one day Bob pasted away. Matt had become his family, and Bob was Matt's. Matt was so heart broken over Bob's death.

from a family member:
Matt, may have been a little "ruff around the edges" at times, but he had the biggest, softest heart.
Matt also had a elderly neighbor when he lived on Hillcrest. I am not sure how they become friends, but Sara and Matt adopted Bob into there little family, and Bob was there for Holidays, and dinners. Matt helped Bob around the house and checked in on him daily until one day Bob pasted away. Matt had become his family, and Bob was Matt's. Matt was so heart broken over Bob's death.
:grouphug: It sounds like Matthew does have a big heart... :heart:

This still isn't getting the best coverage here (IMO) compared to other local cases in the past.

It is also unfortunate that the very first media coverage spelled his name wrong, and used a single photo that looked nothing like him. Why weren't they using all of the photos the family supplied?

It's been 21 days. And nothing.

There has actually been coverage that people it seems just haven't seen due to the timing. They have been on most channels at least once, which honestly for Rochester is more than is normally given in missing persons, especially men. I am not saying it is right, but it is what happens. Here is some info that I thought was helpful.

New Group made:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/512269192203750/

Older group with news links & videos of stuff not posted:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FindingMatt/

But there were 2 interviews on Ch8(although I can only see the link for one now):
http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/st...pleas-for-help/d/story/njUTaiNMN0aSviBXF-tgTg

There was an event last weekend where they took donations made in Matts name to a local shelter in need. There was coverage by CH8 but it isn't on their site now. There is a video of the video in the older FB room. Here is the press release that was online:
http://twileshare.com/uploads/PDF_MattStratonVeronaEventPressRelease.pdf

There was an event done today to raise awareness for all the Rochester families with missing loved ones including Matt & another newly missing man from Rochester, Derrell Miller. There is supposed to be coverage on that as well according to the new page.

The family also did register him with the CUE Center for missing persons:
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/17132/

Oh My...

what an absolutely thoughtful action on the part of this poor family who is still going through the pain of having a Missing Child!

:heartbeat:

My apologies, I just noticed you guys had this info....:blushing:

My apologies, I just noticed you guys had this info....:blushing:

Please...don't be sorry... :therethere:

Doesn't hurt to have some doubles...

And thank you for your post above that has such a thorough list of links!
:seeya:

Went to college in Roch. I hope he's not in the Genessee.

Anyone know where on St. Paul he lives? Neighborhoods are pretty important in Rochester as far as crime rates and stuff go. I lived in a fairly rough neighborhood when I was in school there (19th Ward for any locals) and was under the impression that St. Paul had some rough parts too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back