Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
25KHeatherBW-1_zps6ce27413.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Verified members on Heather's case
Creek-Ratz - verified insider
helpseeker - verified insider
LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Twitter

Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Vine

Heather Elvis Picyou

Heather Elvis MySpace

Heather Elvis Pinterest

Heather Elvis Google+

Twicsy

Etsy

Heather's Tumblr

Police Report

We do not have a person of interest or suspect named in this case by law enforcement. Sleuthing anyone and posting on Websleuths is not allowed unless or until someone is named by law enforcement, this includes public sites showing addresses etc. This also includes family.

We are a victim friendly site and this includes family and friends. No bashing of anyone. No sleuthing or discussing anyone in a suspect manner unless we have a suspect named.

Rumor is not allowed, you can discuss and speculate about anything we already know thru law enforcement and main stream media.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Sex Offenders

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

Attention: the police report can be discussed but that does not include sleuthing any of the names on that document or taking the conversation further than the basics (no identifying information!) in that report. Furthermore any inkling of discussion about redacted information or sleuthing persons that have not been named a suspect or person of interest in this case will result in an immediate time out.

Police Report

Thanks.

The police report can be discussed, but NO NAMES, NO REDACTED INFORMATION, NO PERSONAL INFORMATION.

No talking about wives, ex's, employment, etc. unless you have a link that is NOT RELATED to the police report.

This is going to require restraint and cooperation on everyone's part. It if becomes too difficult, we will close the discussion.

MSM released the report and they can't take it back now. But that doesn't mean this is a free for all. We need to be respectful of LE's investigation and unnamed POIs/suspect. Given that LE has NOT named ANY POI/Suspect - you may NOT consider anyone mentioned as such.

If you have questions or concerns, pm me or Imamaze or any mod. Don't post it in the threads. And don't post anything you are unsure about. Use restraint and common sense, okay?

Salem

TOs are being issued. Zero tolerance. Mind the rules, everybody.

I'll apologize now if I crossed a line, I guess even hypothetical situations aren't to be discussed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Is anyone here going to participate in this weekend's search(es)? I wish I wasn't so far away. To all the searchers: be safe & Godspeed.
Heather, I hope you are found soon. Your family needs you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I overstepped and I apologize.

I'll apologize now if I crossed a line, I guess even hypothetical situations aren't to be discussed?

Not if the hypothetical clearly indicates you are using the nonredacted PR or facebook drama. TOS says we don't sleuth noncase players. We have no named POI or Suspect, so there is no one to sleuth. If a hypothetical indicates that sleuthing has been done, or directly relates to info that should not be shared here, the post will be removed.

Hope that helps,

Salem

Well I got my dishwasher unloaded while we were closed, one accomplishment today ;)

Not if the hypothetical clearly indicates you are using the nonredacted PR or facebook drama. TOS says we don't sleuth noncase players. We have no named POI or Suspect, so there is no one to sleuth. If a hypothetical indicates that sleuthing has been done, or directly relates to info that should not be shared here, the post will be removed.

Hope that helps,

Salem

Well dang!!!

I did it !! It was me!!! :tantrum:

I have been following right along with you guys...amazed by how this case has played out thus far.

Even though I haven't been posting, luckily I haven't missed much...:shush:

:rollercoaster:

But I have a couple questions.

Do we know of any search warrants served in this case?

Would we know if there had been any served?

Well, I guess I might be going to sleep earlier than I thought.

:waiting:

And I cooked dinner. I was tired of sandwiches. :-(

yay for yoyo! (yo on yo own) leftovers here!

do we know where HE lived prior to moving into her current apartment?

*grasping*

I wonder if she had just moved into the condo in the beginning of December when she listed her roomie as her "relationship". Just thinking out loud

Have any new facts come to light in the last 2 days?

I have a question about the missing poster information, and even the CUE site info for Heather…..

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/heather-elvis/

"Details of Disappearance:
On or about December 17th 2013 Heather Elvis was last heard from around 3:00AM."

I understand how this is written with 2 prepositions, but why doesn't it state "on or about December 18th", as 3am was on the 18th, not the 17th. This makes it sound like she was last heard from on Tuesday at 3am, and clearly Tuesday she stopped at home to get her mail and she had a date on Tuesday night.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member