Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Jamie Grisam (or Grissam)?

She is over the age range but hair color, eye color, pierced ears, & from the west coast all match. She also was in foster care and is missing a tooth (I can't find link to Cali's dentals quickly). She does look too old to me but the face shape, ears and nose look similar to me. She was known to dye her hair (so coloring/frosting was somewhat common back then). She went missing in 1971 @ age 16 so I doubt it but thought I would mention her...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2716/0/

She is over the age range but hair color, eye color, pierced ears, & from the west coast all match. She also was in foster care and is missing a tooth (I can't find link to Cali's dentals quickly). She does look too old to me but the face shape, ears and nose look similar to me. She was known to dye her hair (so coloring/frosting was somewhat common back then). She went missing in 1971 @ age 16 so I doubt it but thought I would mention her...

Cali's teeth were all there. Some of them were in horrible shape, but none were missing.

Jamie Grissim DNA

As far as I'm aware, she would only be automatically compared by the system if they both have the same type of DNA available. Just because a profile says dna available would not make it an automatic rule-out, you need to know the type on file.

Bump link to Cali's Namus proflie:
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6583

Here is the screen shot for Cali's dentals & DNA. Of course I'm assuming that Jamie's were run when they were processed just like Linette Marie Miller's sister who was not a match to Cali. Of course I could be wrong. Really hate that NamUs hid everything.

picture.php

Thank you Roselvr for posting that. The thread is so long it is hard to find anything. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to save the pics/screenshots so I need to go searching every time I need something...

I also hate that NamUs hid everything. Any idea why they did that?

I think Cali's case manager, Lori, should be contacted about Jamie Grissam. I contacted Lori two weeks ago with a couple of those names I presented to all of you. Lori emailed me back within two days to say NAMUS will look into those. I think Lori would get back to you rather quickly, too.

Unfortunately, I never received a reply email from Livingston Co Sheriff about a migrant/Traveller/Roadie/Tinkerer or ex-Amish link. I wrote to the email address provided on various websites- it was NOT specific to Sgt. York, so who knows if he ever got it.

I think Cali's case manager, Lori, should be contacted about Jamie Grissam. I contacted Lori two weeks ago with a couple of those names I presented to all of you. Lori emailed me back within two days to say NAMUS will look into those. I think Lori would get back to you rather quickly, too.

Unfortunately, I never received a reply email from Livingston Co Sheriff about a migrant/Traveller/Roadie/Tinkerer or ex-Amish link. I wrote to the email address provided on various websites- it was NOT specific to Sgt. York, so who knows if he ever got it.

We sent another email to the Detective on Cali's case. She has no callouses nor other physical markers to indicate she was a migrant worker. Her grooming habits indicate that she was not out on the road. Her legs and underarms were shaven, her toenails were not excessively long....none of the traits we generally see in people living on the road are present. I also see no indicators that she was Amish. Her teeth alone would make me think she is not. Amish people tend to stay with their own orders, but the children most generally have adequate dental care. I spent several years living in a Amish area, and I never saw anybody whose teeth were neglected.

The detective did tell me something I found to be very interesting. He stated:

We had NCMEC prepare a photo of Cali using the latest technology. It is strikingly different from the one we have been using over the last 30 plus years. I can send you the photo that NCMEC believes is what she would look like alive. There are many more changes that the body undergoes in death than just the closing of the eyes.
We are certain she is not from this area. When tips have come in we have followed up with year books etc of local schools, but we are a very small community. The entire population of our county is about 70,000. Probably less back then. That coupled with the pollen testing, isotope testing, tan lines etc lead us to the fact that she was from outside our area.

His statement leads me to believe he thinks the photo on the NCMEC website is a better pic to use as a reference than her PM photo. I feel Jamie Grissam is much to old. Cali's bone characteristics show her to be under 18, and they actually feel she is under 16. If they had based her age estimate on her appearance I would question it more. Bone formations however are generally pretty accurate.

Jon Benet's underwear were tested- the dna came back of the workers who actually manufactured/sewed them. I believe the 3 microscopic grains of pollen were found inside Cali's pants pockets. The pollen could have come from the person who sewed them, imo.

Jon Benet's underwear were tested- the dna came back of the workers who actually manufactured/sewed them. I believe the 3 microscopic grains of pollen were found inside Cali's pants pockets. The pollen could have come from the person who sewed them, imo.

No one knows who the DNA belongs to in the Ramsey case.It's been implied that it could have come from where they were manufactured.

It could have, but since it fits in with the other data, I'm not inclined to question it.

I agree.....there are many different ways the pollen could have been transferred to inside her pockets. She could have shaken hands with someone, then placed her hand into her pocket......Or she could have brushed her hand against something, then slide them into her pockets. There are way to many possibilities for how the pollen got inside of her pockets, to use it as a set marker for where she was from. Plus three grains is hardly a substantial amount. I would think that is they were her clothes, they would have been covered with pollen from the area she came from. JMO. We do not even know that the pants were hers. They actually look kind of big on her.....so it is hard to tell.

I think that whoever the man was that was with her at the diner....he is someone she was quite comfortable with....I get the impression she was probably with him for a long time. So he was either her bf......or relative. I do not think her murder was planned. I think something happened very quickly to make him fly into a rage and shoot her at that close of a range. The fact that they have never found the murder weapon only tells me that the gun was not used in another crime. People were much more relaxed about guns back then. He could have sold it to someone, or he could have tossed it into a river someplace.

We sent another email to the Detective on Cali's case. She has no callouses nor other physical markers to indicate she was a migrant worker. Her grooming habits indicate that she was not out on the road. Her legs and underarms were shaven, her toenails were not excessively long....none of the traits we generally see in people living on the road are present. I also see no indicators that she was Amish. Her teeth alone would make me think she is not. Amish people tend to stay with their own orders, but the children most generally have adequate dental care. I spent several years living in a Amish area, and I never saw anybody whose teeth were neglected.

The detective did tell me something I found to be very interesting. He stated:

We had NCMEC prepare a photo of Cali using the latest technology. It is strikingly different from the one we have been using over the last 30 plus years. I can send you the photo that NCMEC believes is what she would look like alive. There are many more changes that the body undergoes in death than just the closing of the eyes.
We are certain she is not from this area. When tips have come in we have followed up with year books etc of local schools, but we are a very small community. The entire population of our county is about 70,000. Probably less back then. That coupled with the pollen testing, isotope testing, tan lines etc lead us to the fact that she was from outside our area.

His statement leads me to believe he thinks the photo on the NCMEC website is a better pic to use as a reference than her PM photo. I feel Jamie Grissam is much to old. Cali's bone characteristics show her to be under 18, and they actually feel she is under 16. If they had based her age estimate on her appearance I would question it more. Bone formations however are generally pretty accurate.

Thanks for contacting the detective. So she's not ex-Amish. And she's not from the Livingston Co area.

The NCMEC picture makes her look Hispanic/Latina, IMHO. She looks about 14 or 15 in that pic. Does anyone else think she looks Hispanic/Latina?

That picture also shows her acne. To me, it looks like cystic acne. Deep in the skin, and a result of hormones. Yes, washing and cleaning can help remove excess oil, but it also has to do with the hormones producing extra oil and clogging pores at a deep. They aren't large boils, but the prominent ones look like they'd be hard and painful. Also, the acne on her chest often goes with hormone imbalance.

The "cysts" of cystic acne are more properly known as pseudocysts or nodules.

I'm saying this because I realized that if she was a migrant, and prone to acne, her skin might have looked worse if she was sweating outside all day. But she looks like she washes her face, and the acne that comes is the result of hormones. So yeah, I should have used the newest pic immediately.

No one knows who the DNA belongs to in the Ramsey case.It's been implied that it could have come from where they were manufactured.

Don't follow that case- using the implication. It is 3 microscopic grains. She is not a school attending "local" from Livingston Co. There are people who move into town every so often, miss school pictures, quit or do not attend, or go to parochial school/ a religious institute that accepted 16 yr olds, boarding school as well as state schools and BOCES. There are quite a few counties in NY. Trips to Florida, especially for racing, car auctions, business, and recreation were regular occurances for many.

In NY, in 1979- you had to have a Work Permit if you were 14-16, maybe up to 18 (I don't remember).

Outfit and hairstyle very common for upstate NY; for example:

Attachments

• cLong.jpg
    cLong.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 99
Don't follow that case- using the implication. It is 3 microscopic grains.

Yes, and that bothers me. If was actually pollen from an area she had been in.....wouldn't she have had much, much more if it on her? Wouldn't it have been some place other than just inside her pocket?

Hello, all. I am new to the site and this is my first post. I look forward to reading the many informative posts, and considering all the interesting questions posed. I am glad to see so many here working hard to help give a name to this victim who has gone entirely too long without one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member