GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #3

stacemcace

Reaction score
A three-year-old boy has gone missing from his home in Edinburgh.

Mikael Kular was last seen going to bed at his address in Ferry Gait at about 21:00 on Wednesday but when his family awoke he was not in the house.

The police helicopter is involved in the search and anyone who may have seen Mikael has been urged to contact officers.

Mikael was described as being 3ft tall and possibly wearing a beige hooded jacket, brown shoes and nightwear.

Ch Insp Sara Buchanan said: "We have currently got a large police presence within the Drylaw area as we conduct our inquiries to trace Mikael.

"We are keen to hear from anyone who remembers seeing a young boy matching his description since yesterday evening to contact police immediately.

"As part of our investigation we are also trying to determine how the child has left his home and anyone with information that can assist with these inquiries is also asked to get in touch."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-25756633

Police Scotland link - http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2014/january/205836/

No picture available yet. I really hope the wee ones is found safe and well soon

--------------------------------------------------------

Police investigating the disappearance of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular have found a body and detained his mother.

His mother, named locally as Rosdeep Kular, 33, was detained by police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25790820

Timeline and Media Thread

MAP BY HOLLYE

Thread #1

Thread #2

I find mom so confusing. On one had we have the painted picture of a doting mom who would do anything for her kids and on the other hand there's a mom more interested in leaving her kids at home so she cam go party. Just goes to show just how deceiving looks can be I guess.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I find mom so confusing. On one had we have the painted picture of a doting mom who would do anything for her kids and on the other hand there's a mom more interested in leaving her kids at home so she cam go party. Just goes to show just how deceiving looks can be I guess.

i agree..normally the uk press is all over anyone who has a story to tell about neglect etc , but im not seeing anyone saying she was a bad mum (yet)
even the postman said he always saw them happy and she always had toys delivered ,

i wonder if he had a bump and she was too scared to go to a&e cuz social services would b on her back again.
or she had a drink and lost it..

imo and mine only she looks very gaunt in pictures.. wonder if it was just drink she was consuming..
he doesnt look neglected in any pics..very happy child compared to some cases ive seen

I think it can be both, she was a good and loving mom at her wits end with 5 young children. She made some bad decions (leaving them alone at night etc) but so have many many moms. They just don't have tragic outcomes that make the news.

I am open as to the death. I believe he was ill and kept off nursery especially if he was taking the two days a week version but was on the mend. As far as a doc goes she had two of them at her beck and call, gramma and gramps.

Probably told her it was a virus and to keep him off school or the school could have asked him to stay off while coughing. I used to be able to eat fine while i was on the mend but not up to school, believe me, i made sure i wasn't up to school :D

Well, the Daily Mail article has added quite a few interesting snippets. The police are now having a review into their handling of any previous reports regarding the family. Social serices can't comment on if they have an investigation under way into if the family slipped between the cracks when Rosdeep moved home. Every impression I am getting is that authorities feel something went terribly wrong here - that might have been predicted.

It certainly seems there were serious, serious concerns for the children's welfare. It looks like the children were being supervised for the first 18 months of the twin's life, at least. That is half their lives. And there are people out there claiming to be foster parents. It isn't unknown for parents coming under scrutiny to up and move away from the eyes of authorities because they know how poor communications between agencies can sometimes be.

The mail also talks about a dating profile for Rosdeep, which I have been searching for without luck. I think there may be more out there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sing-toddler-Mikaeel-Kular.html#ixzz2qwBTEcNv

She should be appearing soon, shouldn't she? She's already at the courthouse.

I don't even think you have to be a bad parent for that sort of dichotomy to be established. I bet my neighbour would describe me as nice but harried, leading to speculation that I was struggling with the new family addition. I'm not, but she only sees us as I hurry the children to school and hope they won't be late, because their natural sleeping habits aren't compatible with school times no matter what I do. I'm sure there are people who have witnessed my middle child's tantrums and suspect I'm some sort of abusive monster, because she'll scream "You're hurting me!" even if you're barely touching her, in the hopes you'll let go and she can run off/refuse to move/win the argument. Sorry darling, I'd rather "hurt" you then let you run into oncoming traffic. The teachers at school would likely say we're a loving and involved family, with kids who are always happy and confident. Three views, all validated by personal observation but not painting the complete picture. I'm a fantastic mom, but sometimes I get fed up with the constant power struggles and react imperfectly, and sometimes we're rushing around like headless chickens and I end up frazzled because I hate being late, and sometimes I send the kids to bed half an hour early instead of doing bedtime stories because I really don't care about sibling squabble #319, and I don't check on sleeping kids if they are ill unless I have to. Neither a saint nor a sinner. At the end of the day, my kids are happy, safe, loved (and loving!) and thriving despite my flaws, so I'm doing alright.

I posted this in the last thread but bringing it over because it was right at the end:

As an aside, was the rumoured visit (reported by a neighbour, I believe) from the police on Sunday (when the older kids' father went to see them and found RK out) ever confirmed? I wonder if Mikaeel was seen then? Child Services likely would have gotten involved after an incident like that as well, so it might have played a role in RK's state of mind.

I saw a Daily Mail article that said police won't confirm whether they were called about his welfare in the past, which I think might be addressing that story?

Social workers under fire for losing track of tragic Mikaeel: Mother of dead boy, three, to appear in court today as friends turn home into a shrine with toys and flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eel-Kular.html

My feeling here is that most families with x amount of children under a certain age, especially being cared for by a single parent, are 'known' to social services
. I think the DM are trying to rouse up the idea that RK was known to be abusive to children when actually there is no evidence of that whatsoever. Plenty of families are 'known' to social services for many reasons, most innocent.

The majority of the story though is anecdotes from those that knew/knew of the Kulars and has further made me feel this was an accident. I really hope for those people's sake that it doesn't turn out to be the opposite.

Just wanted to comment on this post from thread 2.

I just want to defend single mums of multiple children! I personally don't think large families or families of single parents are "known to Social Services". There would need to be a reason for Social Services becoming involved - such as a concern being recorded at school following a disclosure from a child. That is just one example. Social Services don't become involved just because someone has lots of children.

I was a single mother to 5 children from a number of years and I certainly wasn't known to them, neither did anyone ever comment on my parenting skills! I worked 30 hours a week, with no family support (as they lived in another country) and I studied for a First Class Honours degree in the night, once they were all asleep. My children all do/did well at school and were always described as "kind, polite and well behaved children".

I know it wasn't meant personally, but i don't think its fair to assume that just because someone is a single parent, or a family has a large number of children, that they are unable to care for them properly!

Just wanted to comment on this post from threat 2.

I just want to defend single mums of multiple children! I personally don't think large families or families of single parents are "known to Social Services". There would need to be a reason for Social Services becoming involved - such as a concern being recorded at school following a disclosure from a child. That is just one example. Social Services don't become involved just because someone has lots of children.

I was a single mother to 5 children from a number of years and I certainly wasn't known to them, neither did anyone ever comment on my parenting skills! I worked 30 hours a week, with no family support (as they lived in another country) and I studied for a First Class Honours degree in the night, once they were all asleep. My children all do/did well at school and were always described as "kind, polite and well behaved children".

I know it wasn't meant personally, but i don't think its fair to assume that just because someone is a single parent, or a family has a large number of children, that they are unable to care for them properly!

I totally agree with this........ I have a few friends who are ( were really as the children are adults now ) single mums and they were in no way ever * known * to social services.
There does have to be a very good reason.

Just found this board yesterday.

sar2them1984 said:

I find it confusing too, but I think in this life it's what people do rather than what people say that counts.

katydid23 said:
So I have to look at those smiling faces and take it with a grain of salt. Who knows what happened when the camera was put away.

Absolutely.

We often hear of cases where people are over-whelmed by the situation they are in, and then snap. This could be having young children, a new baby, an elderly parent to care for or perhaps a disabled family member in the home.

When it all goes wrong, and someone dies, there is often an outpouring of "grief" from the community, who leave flowers, cards, toys etc and do seem to be genuinely sad at what has occurred. What I find sad is that this never turns into anything positive - there will still be people struggling, people who are lonely and people who need help, but the community seems to fade away and then only comes back out at the next tragedy.

If only this case could lead to some good - people asking their neighbours if they are ok, offering a bit of help if they see a harassed mum, checking up on an elderly neighbour if they don't see them for a few days etc.

I'm sure all these 100's of people are genuinely upset about Mikaeel, but I wonder if any of them have ever done anything when they have seen people struggling in life where they live?

This is not a criticism of them at all, just thinking what a good resource Edinburgh has in all those people, if they could be encouraged to keep up this community spirit in the future.

It is on Badoo.

badoo.com/en/0288117302/

You need to have your own profile with information and photos to see Rosie's profile completely though.
:seeya:‎

How chilling, the line that says ........... Where is Rosie now ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back