SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has her twitter been partially deleted? Now I am not seeing posts from January until July of last year. Has it always been like that? I could swear we were looking at posts from March a few weeks ago.

As far as I remember from the beginning, there has always been a void in posts there. I cannot attest to prior to around 12/20/13 though.

But, that's has been what I was saying about the patterns of HE's SM. There are a lot of lulls in posting activity between certain times (months on end). This isn't completely uncommon though but, is still questioning/telling IMO.

Some kids have abandoned their Facebook pages completely because FB lost it's "cool" factor. I know for a fact since my Son himself "quit" Facebook for 11 months and has recently started it back up! Kids these days have switched over to Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Kik, among others. Look at what happened with MySpace.

HE SM Activity

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/heatherachellelvis
Last post: 12/13/13 12:05AM

Time between Posts:
7/28/13 - 9/16/13 (50 days)

5/23/13 - 6/27/13 (35 days)

1/9/13 - 5/23/13 (124 days)

Twitter - https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis
Last post: 11/29/13 5:21PM

Time between Posts:
11/29/13 - 12/17/13 (50 days)

Nothing significant prior to 11/29/13!

Tumblr - http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com/
Last post: 12/18/13 02:09:48AM

Time between Posts:
6/16/13 - 11/22/13

*Only 27 posts in November. All were made on the same day (22nd).

2/22/13 - 4/14/13

With regards to Tumblr posting, Users can actually use a feature, "Publish On..." which allows you to schedule a post in the future. However, it does not allow you to post anything in the past. It will give you an error message.

• It is possible IMO that SM posts in HE's account could have been deleted by accessing HE's phone.
  • Looking at HE's SM posting pattern, I find it strange that she did not post anything on Facebook or Twitter close to the time of her disappearance! Red flag!
  • HE however posts on Tumblr before going missing. And content speak of love and relationships.
  • HE tends to be pretty straightforward in her posting and "airs things out" quite often. Why no mention of date night? Why no activity leading up to date? Why wouldn't HE post the picture of her learning stick shift directly on SM instead of sending to TE?
  • I don't believe that HE used the "Publish On..." feature.

Before going to sleep which I'm about to do on my computer, I took a quick look here because I was afraid this misunderstanding might happen.

I'm not suggesting the date is the perp. I'm suggesting the date was never on a date with Heather but was a name she used to cover for going out with OM.

Therefore, when LE came knocking on the date's door, the date told LE that he was HE's cover and nothing more. That's why he doesn't know exactly when he left HE's place because he never did!
HE may have been out with OM all night.

Is this crazy? I actually think it makes sense. HE wasn't going to tell her mom she had a date with OM now was she?

Anyway, I posted about four posts related to this theory and you have to read them all as they build on each other.

I don't think it's crazy at all. I have thought that all along.

As far as I remember from the beginning, there has always been a void in posts there. I cannot attest to prior to around 12/20/13 though.

But, that's has been what I was saying about the patterns of HE's SM. There are a lot of lulls in posting activity between certain times (months on end). This isn't completely uncommon though but, is still questioning/telling IMO.

Some kids have abandoned their Facebook pages completely because FB lost it's "cool" factor. I know for a fact since my Son himself "quit" Facebook for 11 months and has recently started it back up! Kids these days have switched over to Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Kik, among others. Look at what happened with MySpace.

HE SM Activity

Time between Posts:

Time between Posts:

Time between Posts:
6/16/13 - 11/22/13

2/22/13 - 4/14/13

With regards to Tumblr posting, Users can actually use a feature, "Publish On..." which allows you to schedule a post in the future. However, it does not allow you to post anything in the past. It will give you an error message.

• It is possible IMO that SM posts in HE's account could have been deleted by accessing HE's phone.
  • Looking at HE's SM posting pattern, I find it strange that she did not post anything on Facebook or Twitter close to the time of her disappearance! Red flag!
  • HE however posts on Tumblr before going missing. And content speak of love and relationships.
  • HE tends to be pretty straightforward in her posting and "airs things out" quite often. Why no mention of date night? Why no activity leading up to date? Why wouldn't HE post the picture of her learning stick shift directly on SM instead of sending to TE?

BBM ~ I think she knew her sm was being stalked by OMW. She quit posting. Didn't I read somewhere that she may have another twitter account that's private?

I have heard people involved in other MP cases pushing the theory that the MP person just took off...always makes me suspicious when this theory is pushed forward by a potential POI. Anyway...

Me too Clu. Steven and Josh Powell come to my mind. (missing Susan Powell case)

I don't think it's a coincidence, either. Maybe they still talked every day. Maybe she told him she was going on a date. Maybe she posted something on social media that isn't set to public. Maybe one of the girls at work mentioned it and he heard it through the grapevine. Or maybe he found out in a much creepier manner. I will be curious to see if we ever hear how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She talked to him the night before, it said on the myhorry report. IMO, I still think she was into him, trying to get him over and make him jealous, so she probably told him. Plus they haven't talked about text messages at all. If I was learning stick, I wouldn't want my phone right in between my legs, unless I was waiting for a text.

Before going to sleep which I'm about to do on my computer, I took a quick look here because I was afraid this misunderstanding might happen.

I'm not suggesting the date is the perp. I'm suggesting the date was never on a date with Heather but was a name she used to cover for going out with OM.

Therefore, when LE came knocking on the date's door, the date told LE that he was HE's cover and nothing more. That's why he doesn't know exactly when he left HE's place because he never did!
HE may have been out with OM all night.

Is this crazy? I actually think it makes sense. HE wasn't going to tell her mom she had a date with OM now was she?

Anyway, I posted about four posts related to this theory and you have to read them all as they build on each other.

Except that she talked about her date with her roommate:

Warrelmann, who was in Florida for Christmas break when Elvis disappeared, did say she spoke to Elvis about her date with Shiraldi.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html#user-comment-area

I can think of one scenario that would have her upset and in tears when she called her roommate about the OM contact, and that's if she was the one who broke it off. To me her social media kind of sounds like she was unhappy about it for a while, as one would expect after the end of an intense relationship, but around November she had started to perk up. New roommate, exciting new job, life is back on track and she's glad she's out of the old drama.

And then he shows up again. She calls her roommate crying and upset because she thought it was over, she didn't want him in her life, and now he's back again.

I guess the meeting at PTL could be either because he persuaded her to come back to him, or because he wasn't listening and she figured she had to tell him in person.

HE SM Activity

Time between Posts:

Time between Posts:

Time between Posts:
6/16/13 - 11/22/13

2/22/13 - 4/14/13

Great post! Thanks for sharing. In regards to deleting of posts. It is also possible that she deleted some prior to disappearing, but we don't know because we were not looking. She was involved with OM, which her father didn't know and her posts are very... Um... Not something I would want my parents to read. Maybe she deleted some. To your point, if someone else deleted them, they will be figure it out bc it never goes away! Write it regret it! Also, I know not everyone is like me, but I remember when people remove their posts even a month or so later. Well, not everyone but someone close to me. So it is possible that someone would remember a huge chunk of posts being gone. My cousin is notorious for writing things on Facebook...complaining, and then deleting after she gets sympathy and pity.

Again, great post!

HE SM Activity

Time between Posts:

Time between Posts:

Time between Posts:
6/16/13 - 11/22/13

2/22/13 - 4/14/13

Good afternoon, all! I've taken a break from posting for a few days but have been reading and trying to digest all of the new information that has come out. I agree the lack of posting could be a "red flag" in the case. The possibilities for this could be that her phone was tampered with, or perhaps the love triangle got so heated that she stopped posting her activities and whereabouts for her own personal safety.

Anyone have a link for last night's JVM HLN segment?

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/21/ijvm.01.html

ANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Where is Heather Elvis?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Heather Elvis vanished into thin air just over a month ago on December 18. She was last seen when she was dropped off at her apartment after a date with a friend from high school.

Now, according to police, Heather then called her friend, a female friend, and gushed about what a wonderful time she had on that date. That was the last time anyone heard from this beautiful young woman.

Well, the next day, cops found Heather`s car abandoned at a boat dock in Myrtle Beach about 8 miles from her apartment. But police say there were no signs of Heather in or near the water. And there were no obvious clues around her car, or in her car.

Her family, frantic, begging for the public`s help tonight.

HE SM Activity

Time between Posts:

Time between Posts:

Time between Posts:
6/16/13 - 11/22/13

2/22/13 - 4/14/13

BBM:But you can backdate an existing post. (You have to post, then backdate.)
Can I backdate or set a custom date for posts?

Sure. That affects the post's order on your blog, but not on your Dashboard.
http://www.tumblr.com/docs/en/advanced_post_options#backdate-can
If someone had HE's phone, they could have done this with the last posts since no one was looking for her until the 19th, unless someone actually SAW those posts at the time they were posted. Or if they had her password, they could also do this.

In addition, as I mentioned previously, you can change your time zone in Tumblr, any posts you make will be at that time zone. Then you can change back to your current time zone and the new posts will be at the current time zone. The older posts don't change time with the time zone change. Someone would have to be thinking about this, but it can be done with minimal effort.

As to whether HE might have had any posts in her queue, that's anyone's guess. I know several people that randomly queue things depending on their mood. (maybe finds several things they like, but don't want to repost them all one one day, or has several thoughts at once and want to space them out)

But, as I said before, I don't trust Tumblr.

ETA: Nice SM activity list, BTW

Good afternoon, all! I've taken a break from posting for a few days but have been reading and trying to digest all of the new information that has come out. I agree the lack of posting could be a "red flag" in the case. The possibilities for this could be that her phone was tampered with, or perhaps the love triangle got so heated that she stopped posting her activities and whereabouts for her own personal safety.

Or Heather created new SM accounts that are private, after OM's wife found out about the affair and possibly harrassed Heather ?

Just to add to the SM/Twitter discussion. You can also schedule tweets with more advanced clients like TweetDeck or HootSuite. However you would notice this with these tools, as they show what client a person used to tweet with. (Doubt many 20-somethings use these tools to post their random stuff.)

HE always has "Twitter for Android", nothing else. (Unless its from the linked Instagram account.)

I just think that article is confusing, because her father repeatedly has said that he had not talked or seen her since, I don't even know when. I don't think he's lying.

I think the article means the photo she sent her father. Yes, it's not very well written.

I just imagined another scenario where OM calls HE while fighting with wife (wife is in background perhaps yelling at husband). OM tells HE he is leaving his wife and HE gets shaken by hearing what's going on and begins to cry and calls friend. Wife then somehow gets OM's phone, and pretending to be OM texts HE where to meet, or OM leaves, texts HE where to meet, but is followed.
Although, I think it is more likely wife put OM up to helping her make HE disappear.
JMO

Maybe her roommate would know but I doubt her family would know about her purses, she may have had many. We have not even heard if anyone has figured out what clothes she may have had on, much less a purse. I don't understand why it hasn't been announced that at least a certain jacket or shoes are unaccounted for...surely that much could be determined? I have seldom heard of a missing person report without some clothing description included. JMO
Looks like she had a lot of clothes, maybe so many it would be hard to figure out what she may have worn. I do think shoes and a purse would be a bit easier to narrow down, though. IMO

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis/status/331626149178396673

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members