Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I'm curious also about what pending criminal charges Kaine has. ??? When I google the term I only see discussion websites - no news media has picked up on that, from what I can tell.

I'm hopping on to check on Kyron- and I'm so sad to see little developments other than the divorce. Will this child ever be found?

I'm hoping for news on Kyron. Also wonder about criminal charges against Kaine Horman???

If they were significant, we'd have heard about them imo

Or they're still percolating. Just from personal experience, we've been hired on for cases where criminal charges were pending and investigations ongoing for upwards of a year, where other attorneys and whatnot knew about it, but the general public and newsmedia did not. And these were mid-level sorts of things - not murder or other serious crimes, but no petty misdemeanors either. It's possible an indictment of some sort is coming. It's also possible that it's nothing, but a lack of media doesn't mean that something's not happening behind the scenes (probably unrelated to Kyron).

Wow. I'm curious also about what pending criminal charges Kaine has. ??? When I google the term I only see discussion websites - no news media has picked up on that, from what I can tell.

:twocents: Gee, maybe one of us needs to call KOIN News {channel 6 TV}!

I'll be glad to do this tomoz. They have always taken time with me when I have called about Kyron's case. I just need to review what we know about this before I call. I'll write what I learn. xo

I'll be glad to do this tomoz. They have always taken time with me when I have called about Kyron's case. I just need to review what we know about this before I call. I'll write what I learn. xo

Thanks, Scandi!

You're the best!:loveyou:

Or they're still percolating. Just from personal experience, we've been hired on for cases where criminal charges were pending and investigations ongoing for upwards of a year, where other attorneys and whatnot knew about it, but the general public and newsmedia did not. And these were mid-level sorts of things - not murder or other serious crimes, but no petty misdemeanors either. It's possible an indictment of some sort is coming. It's also possible that it's nothing, but a lack of media doesn't mean that something's not happening behind the scenes (probably unrelated to Kyron).

You're referring to a pending investigation, imo. The pleadings refer to pending charges, iirc. For charges to be pending, he would have to have been charged, but not tried, already. I might agree with you if the msm had used the word "pending." But when it's used in a pleading, it would be a term of art and should be used correctly. jmo

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Notice+of+Pending+Criminal+Charges

eta: If there are criminal charges pending, someone with an OJIN subscription would be able to see them, I think.
etaa: On second thought, I don't think "sleuthing" Kaine is allowed. So if someone were to look, it couldn't be posted here I don't think.

You're referring to a pending investigation, imo. The pleadings refer to pending charges, iirc. For charges to be pending, he would have to have been charged, but not tried, already. I might agree with you if the msm had used the word "pending." But when it's used in a pleading, it would be a term of art and should be used correctly. jmo

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Notice+of+Pending+Criminal+Charges

eta: If there are criminal charges pending, someone with an OJIN subscription would be able to see them, I think.
etaa: On second thought, I don't think "sleuthing" Kaine is allowed. So if someone were to look, it couldn't be posted here I don't think.

Perhaps this differs by state, but this is not how the term has been used in pleadings that I have seen.

At any rate, I highly doubt these pending charges, whatever they may be, if they even exist, have anything to do with Kyron.

Hi, Scandi! When this first came up, I thought, Scandi will call them.

More filings by TH attorney asking to question RSE:
http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Terri-Horman-fights-To-Question-Landscaper-242247221.html
“In a recent court filing, Horman's lawyer wrote: "There is no more important decision for the court to make regarding custody and parenting time in this case than its decision regarding the scope of the Sanchez testimony and the circumstances surrounding his involvement with law enforcement."

Can’t find a link to the actual doc, yet.

Also, the “pending criminal charges” line has been completely dropped from the divorce decree. Found a link to the actual corrected doc, but don’t believe I can link to it under WS TOS. Attorneys for both parties agreed to that change, calling it a “clerical error.”

More filings by TH attorney asking to question RSE:
http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Terri-Horman-fights-To-Question-Landscaper-242247221.html
“In a recent court filing, Horman's lawyer wrote: "There is no more important decision for the court to make regarding custody and parenting time in this case than its decision regarding the scope of the Sanchez testimony and the circumstances surrounding his involvement with law enforcement."

Can’t find a link to the actual doc, yet.

Also, the “pending criminal charges” line has been completely dropped from the divorce decree. Found a link to the actual corrected doc, but don’t believe I can link to it under WS TOS. Attorneys for both parties agreed to that change, calling it a “clerical error.”

I know from experience that there is a lot of cut and paste involved in boiler plate pleadings. That line may have been left behind from a prior pleading involving unrelated parties. I am guessing that is what happened.

I have no idea! I wonder if gitana will be around to lend her legal insight to this?

As far as charges, my guess is it must be terri alleging defamation or alienation or something? Kaine has been working so closely with LE it's not going to be something like drugs or abuse or whatever the normal custody allegations tend to be.

I also noticed it said that Terri didn't submit a single record in the divorce, so they had to impute minimum wage, so it's probably not a financial legal sally.

What I think is it was a typo and was supposed to be reversed. Probably something they prepared when they thought Terri was going to be arrested because it talks about civil claims one party may have against another, in connection with criminal charges. That would be things like a wrongful death claim.

It makes me grin that anyone thought for a moment it had to do with Kaine being arrested for anything in connection with Kyron. If that was the case, Terri would have rushed in and reversed custody via an emergency hearing.

I sure would hate to be the legal secretary and/or attorney who let that slip by!

Ha ha. We guessed it was an error though

Kyron's case is featured in the online version of the U.K. Mail Online today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ws-four-years-disappeared-dropped-school.html

There is a comment which mentions WS and his case discussion. I was thrilled to see it. :)

I don't post on Kyron's case because I have had a strong suspicion of who took him from the start, but since this person is not a POI, I don't think we are supposed to discuss him or her in that way.

In closing, I want to say that he was a precious, very small child and his photos make me cry, he's so small and obviously defenseless. I pray that he is alive, but I strongly fear that he is not, and hasn't been since the day he wasn't where he was supposed to be and a family member wasn't where they said they were either.. I think it all fits together, and I'm sure most of my fellow posters do as well.

I read that he might have been buried on a small island. I don't know if this is accurate or whether intensive searches have been done, but I hope searches will be done if they haven't been.

God bless Kyron, wherever he is. I want to see his case solved, hopefully, with the happy miracle of a living child. :)

It is a shame there isn't more interest in solving this sad case.

It is a shame there isn't more interest in solving this sad case.

I keep a google news search query that brings me any item in the news that mentions his name.

Its not a lack of interest so much as it is just a long wait for legal discoveries in the divorce proceedings to possibly reveal evidence surrounding his disappearance, pointing to a better direction to look.

The waiting for answers is terrible. I don't even know kids Kyron's age but I can't fathom such a cute trusting kid like that disappearing with no witnesses. It haunts me, and I'm just a distant bystander. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member