Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#14

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find interesting is how split the views on this situation are. Often the cases I follow on this board have the majority firmly on one side or another, but there are so many different opinions here. At first I thought there would be more of a geographical delineating of opinions, which could be contributed to media exposure in different countries, but it really does look like the opinions are just mixed all over.

Me, I don't know if she's guilty or not, I've not followed the case closely enough. Given the wide differences in opinion, if this was a U.S. court I'd be inclined to think there was reasonable doubt, at least.

Sorry. This is just one big clusterfudge.

And just remember that it will be reviewed again by another court. This is not over.

I hope that in the end it comes out not guilty. I don't believe these two did anything to her.

BBM: Respectfully must disagree ...

The judicial process can take years, and that is what has happened in this case because a HUGE mistake was made at the Appellate Court level by the Hellmann decision ...

Also, Italy has a "3 Tier Court System" -- which is the same 3 tier court system we have here in Louisiana ...

And it takes years for a case to go from the Trial Court to the Appellate Court to the Supreme Court then back "down the ladder" when ordered to do so by the higher courts ...

JMO and MOO ... but it will be over when the Supreme Court of Italy gets it next and makes its ruling ...

See, the Supreme Court has already sent it back once to the Appellate Court to get it right -- which they got it right this time ... They are NOT going to send it back ...

I have faith that the GUILTY decision will stand ...

All JMO and :moo:

Good to know the Knox P.R. and Publicity Campaign couldn't sway the Italian courts like it did the media here in the states.

I have felt from day one that Amanda Knox is guilty of murdering Meredith. I see similarities between Knox, Arias and Anthony. IMO

Me, too. Cold....manner. Self-involved. I looked at evidence, came to opinion.

What I find interesting is how split the views on this situation are. Often the cases I follow on this board have the majority firmly on one side or another, but there are so many different opinions here. At first I thought there would be more of a geographical delineating of opinions, which could be contributed to media exposure in different countries, but it really does look like the opinions are just mixed all over.

Me, I don't know if she's guilty or not, I've not followed the case closely enough. Given the wide differences in opinion, if this was a U.S. court I'd be inclined to think there was reasonable doubt, at least.

Oh there is doubt...I won't argue that, but it's beyond REASONABLE that's she's guilty.

BBM: Respectfully must disagree ...

The judicial process can take years, and that is what has happened in this case because a HUGE mistake was made at the Appellate Court level by the Hellmann decision ...

Also, Italy has a "3 Tier Court System" -- which is the same 3 tier court system we have here in Louisiana ...

And it takes years for a case to go from the Trial Court to the Appellate Court to the Supreme Court then back "down the ladder" when ordered to do so by the higher courts ...

JMO and MOO ... but it will be over when the Supreme Court of Italy gets it next and makes its ruling ...

See, the Supreme Court has already sent it back once to the Appellate Court to get it right -- which they got it right this time ... They are NOT going to send it back ...

I have faith that the GUILTY decision will stand ...

All JMO and :moo:

No. Because even in alabama you can not be tried 2 times for the same time. It is not the same.

Why did Knox get more time than Sollecito?

Thinking it has to do with amanda's fabricated testimony to officials that she overheard her boss killing Meredith while amanda herself was hiding in fear.

rabidstoat, I hear ya. Usually we see more one sided/leaning one way. Split down the middle here. I wish I could understand all the evidence but I can't find a unbiased place to look.

No. Because even in alabama you can not be tried 2 times for the same time. It is not the same.

In the US, an appeal is equivalent to repeating the entire trial. In Italy, only the points approved for appeal are considered. No one was tried twice for the same thing, but that is a common misconception about this case.

So I'm sure time served will be applied, which is around 4 years. That means Sollecito has 21 years to go? I do know it's possible for early release in Italy, just not sure how that works.

rabidstoat, I hear ya. Usually we see more one sided/leaning one way. Split down the middle here. I wish I could understand all the evidence but I can't find a unbiased place to look.

The court documents that have been professionally translated to English are a good place to start.

I went with the evidence. Knox through her actions caused the death.

I went with the evidence and then applied logic and reason. I followed this case since the very beginning when Steve Huff posted it on his old blog True Crime. I started out when she was charged thinking she was 100 percent guilty. When I heard of all the Amanda supporters back home saying she was too nice and innocent to do this I just rolled my eyes. I was a skeptic but over time as more and more facts came out I had to conclude it was the only logical conclusion.

Did you read The Butcher of Florence? That really gave some context to this prosecution even though it wasnt about this case.

Multiple prosecutors worked this case, not just one. Are they all corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member