SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
just like I asked if any mention if roomie BW left her car there (stick shift) or DROVE to fl?? if car was there was it searched or trunk searched? I can imagine someone tossing items in the trunk until they could get to it later or drive it away w/body in trunk. Depends on what kind of car but most all have easy trunk access via key fob..moo

couldn't you also adopt an older child?? but mods said no talk of TE/family. I ran into trouble there trying to discuss such things :banghead:

Sure, anything is possible I guess.

Yeah, we went thru this earlier...police report was wrong. He is 53.

Just putting my :twocents: in as I read along. Consider it reaffirmation. :seeya:

Hope I'm wrong but case seems cold now.

Yeah, we went thru this earlier...police report was wrong. He is 53.
If police report is wrong about a simple thing as DOB (which I'm sure is on his license) it begs one to question what else they got wrong?

Gosh...all the excitement over the arrests has dissolved into a whole lot of nothingness.
I wish we would hear more about actual searches...but the focus now seems to be on fundraising and prayers, as far as I can tell, neither of which really increases the chances of her being found JMO.

In most cases, by this point, LE will not do searches except based on new and specific information, so it really becomes the responsibility of the family to arrange for on-going searches. I don't know what else they can be doing, really. If the father has an "in" with the governor now, maybe he can push her to request a PC, but I doubt that will happen.

IMO the community knows she is missing, probably more so than many other cases I have followed. Awareness seems high. But no one has shown photos of her car, blow-ups of any very recent photos (including tattoos) and maybe some likenesses of Heather with various hair styles, colors, etc. would be helpful. Speaking of recent photos, I wonder that there does not seem to be any from Thanksgiving, for example, an occasion when many people are much photographed and only several weeks before she vanished. Or if one of the photos used in the posters IS the most recent, IMO, her father should point out which one(s). Not only is the photo from the car a very different image, but also the most recent pic on her FB page, from December 8, is very unlike the photos being shown. All JMOJMOJMOJMOJMO

Clu, how would it work-family now organizing searches? Would volunteers be concerned about volunteering now after what happened to BB and GS?

Sure, anything is possible I guess.

Just putting my :twocents: in as I read along. Consider it reaffirmation. :seeya:

Hope I'm wrong but case seems cold now.

I'm glad you did the math. I was confused myself considering what little we have to go by. IMHO this case was cold to begin with-so many missing ppl there in the area never found over quite a few years. I was hoping since Heathers dad had many LE that might help the case-I guess not :moo:
I went to the missing site and saw a girl missing from that area in 1999 who looked a lot like Heather-even tatoos. Guess in a resort area money comes first and bad publicity means all the people end up "paying for it".
Sigh :banghead:

Clu, how would it work-family now organizing searches? Would volunteers be concerned about volunteering now after what happened to BB and GS?

I think they would need to work with CUE, or other known search groups and let them train the volunteers and organize searches, JMO.

I'm glad you did the math. I was confused myself considering what little we have to go by. IMHO this case was cold to begin with-so many missing ppl there in the area never found over quite a few years. I was hoping since Heathers dad had many LE that might help the case-I guess not :moo:
I went to the missing site and saw a girl missing from that area in 1999 who looked a lot like Heather-even tatoos. Guess in a resort area money comes first and bad publicity means all the people end up "paying for it".
Sigh :banghead:

Thanks for all your posts and insights, Snowy. Which missing girl are you speaking about? Unfortunately, there's quite a few!

Gosh...all the excitement over the arrests has dissolved into a whole lot of nothingness.
I wish we would hear more about actual searches...but the focus now seems to be on fundraising and prayers, as far as I can tell, neither of which really increases the chances of her being found JMO.

In most cases, by this point, LE will not do searches except based on new and specific information, so it really becomes the responsibility of the family to arrange for on-going searches. I don't know what else they can be doing, really. If the father has an "in" with the governor now, maybe he can push her to request a PC, but I doubt that will happen.

IMO the community knows she is missing, probably more so than many other cases I have followed. Awareness seems high. But no one has shown photos of her car, blow-ups of any very recent photos (including tattoos) and maybe some likenesses of Heather with various hair styles, colors, etc. would be helpful. Speaking of recent photos, I wonder that there does not seem to be any from Thanksgiving, for example, an occasion when many people are much photographed and only several weeks before she vanished. Or if one of the photos used in the posters IS the most recent, IMO, her father should point out which one(s). Not only is the photo from the car a very different image, but also the most recent pic on her FB page, from December 8, is very unlike the photos being shown. All JMOJMOJMOJMOJMO

A while back I said the car (or a replica) should be parked at PTL w/a picture of Heather (last one is best) & a giant sign on top saying HAVE YOU SEEN ME & poster? VI family member replied that they didn't think that would be wise . UNLESS people have recent visual reminders it's just going to fade away. I would think that wouldn't take much effort & since those 2 have been smacked down I believe that leaves a chill in the air to any outside searches,etc. It's not eactly as if LE has a good track record in finding missing persons. It is a tourist area.:moo::twocents:

What concerns me is that they have had knowledge about who last spoke to Heather, yet to my knowledge there have been no searches in that neck of the woods.

Thanks for all your posts and insights, Snowy. Which missing girl are you speaking about? Unfortunately, there's quite a few!

Just trying to do my part. She was originally listed right on front when I did a search for Heather at http://www.missingin.org/directory.php
When I saw a tweet about Heather before RT I check to see if valid b4 RT.As of right now Heather STILL isn't listed there! :banghead:

Lisa Ann Neugent
http://www.missingin.org/reg5032/lisa_ann_neugent.htm

Missing
Last seen alive: August 08, 1999 at 10:13

Circumstances: last seen in Conway, SC, on September 8, 1999, at the home she shared with her boyfriend. She called her parents telling them that she was coming home to Greensboro, NC. Since the phone call Lisa has not been heard from
First Name: Lisa Ann
Middle Name: Ann
Last Name: Neugent
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 22
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 60.0 to
Weight: 140.0 to
State: South Carolina
County: Horry
Appearance
Hair: Brown
Eye: Brown
Scars And Marks: Scars on legs from playing baseball
Tattoos: Tattoo of Wizard with shooting stars
on right arm

What concerns me is that they have had knowledge about who last spoke to Heather, yet to my knowledge there have been no searches in that neck of the woods.

I do believe there was a search & a related family member of OM created a scene at a search near his land. Don't believe any reports filed tho,so it may be rumor..or not:twocents:

Just trying to do my part. She was originally listed right on front when I did a search for Heather at http://www.missingin.org/directory.php
When I saw a tweet about Heather before RT I check to see if valid b4 RT.As of right now Heather STILL isn't listed there! :banghead:

Lisa Ann Neugent
http://www.missingin.org/reg5032/lisa_ann_neugent.htm

Missing
Last seen alive: August 08, 1999 at 10:13

Circumstances: last seen in Conway, SC, on September 8, 1999, at the home she shared with her boyfriend. She called her parents telling them that she was coming home to Greensboro, NC. Since the phone call Lisa has not been heard from
First Name: Lisa Ann
Middle Name: Ann
Last Name: Neugent
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 22
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 60.0 to
Weight: 140.0 to
State: South Carolina
County: Horry
Appearance
Hair: Brown
Eye: Brown
Scars And Marks: Scars on legs from playing baseball
Tattoos: Tattoo of Wizard with shooting stars
on right arm

Also found this link about Lisa Ann Neugent that is quite detailed.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/tag/lisa-neugent/

Thank you for this info. I was not aware of this particular girl.

Thank you for this info. I was not aware of this particular girl.

you can go there and search by county,state,etc.
http://www.missingin.org/
I don't know why,but this poor girl jumped out at me. This was b4 I even knew WS existed. Height & tatoo on the arm is similar-and she kinda looks like Heather too. I realize there are a lot of pretty southern belles.I don't know much more about her (haven't researched) but I don't know the area either so any roads/etc wouldn't be familiar to me.:moo::twocents:

I think they would need to work with CUE, or other known search groups and let them train the volunteers and organize searches, JMO.

I wonder if LE got upset that rank amateurs found remains & they couldn't? I know it's a broad expanse of area to search w/limited funds. Still it makes you wonder how much effort is really being put into this where every single missing person is someones child.:twocents:
Bring Heather home!

:twocents:I have no idea where, at this point, but I remember something stated at some point (could I be any more vague on a Friday morning) and thinking, "Well, that answers that. BW is the only roommate".:twocents:

Interesting read on the backlash that can occur in a community when mounting missing/murdered investigations go unsolved. Trust in those sworn to provide public safety for the community is diminished, rumors emerge, speculation runs rampant.

Those familiar with the ULL Anthropology Student Mickey Shunick abduction(LA-2012) are well versed of Baton Rouge, LA serial killer Dexter Todd Lee. When certain cases could not be linked to Lee, investigators began to wonder if another serial killer had been in operation at the same time. A DTL copycat; Sean Vincent Gillis was then linked to a half dozen other murders in the area.
Fastforward>
Mickey Shunick's abductor; serial killer Brandon Scott Lavergne was apprehended by the well trained Lafayette PD quickly, due to a proactive investigation which utilized all available resources and the tremendous community awareness provide by her family and friends via internet/SM & local/national MSM..

http://www.wwltv.com/news/eyewitness/mikeperlstein/Jennings-8-242812251.html
Jennings, LA 8: Unsolved murders haunt town, police
wwltv.com
Posted on January 30, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Updated today at 4:11 AM
Watch the special investigation

wwltv.comVideo | News | Weather | Sports
Thu Jan 30 20:42:47 PST 2014
Jennings 8: Unsolved murders haunt town, police

Mike Perlstein / Eyewitness News
Email: mperlstein@wwltv.com | Twitter: @mikeperlstein

In south central Louisiana, in a small town on the edge of Cajun country, a string of eight young women were murdered between 2005 and 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998