SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know speaking of roommates and such, it has peaked my curiosity about one of Heather's tweets to her friend on May 6th, concerning Heather's clothes and basically Heather was saying to this girl that Heather has so many clothes for her to help Heather get rid of them so when Heather comes to live with her, Heather won't fill up the entire living room full of clothes.Thing is, this tweet was for someone else, not current roommie, so was it in jest about them living together, or perhaps plans changed so that they did not live together, or did they live together for just a short while??
https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis
IMOO.

But if you look at the coinciding pictures of her going through clothes, either on Twitter or Facebook, you can see more of the room. I think it's her parent's house, maybe? There's a stack of bins, other stuff in the room, etc.

Hi I have yet to post in this case, I am still trying to catch up... it's amazing how much info you all have covered, incredible! I am not as informed as most of you I am sure but I wanted to throw in my .02 cent.

The pictures -bother- me. She looks so much different in the pictures being released for people to find her. I have wracked my brain trying to figure out what would possess them to put out pictures that really don't look like her compared to the newer ones and I can't come up with any good answer that doesn't lead me to more questions.

It seems like the pictures are cherry picked as the best ones of her... but what good is that going to do if they don't look like her now? It's maddening!

Oh I want to add I am only a couple of hours from Myrtle Beach, I still pray they find her :(

I just thought of something... Did Heather go in the front door or the back door when she was taken home from her date?

She lived in a condo, right? Is there a back door?
Or did she live more in a townhouse type structure? I was under the impression it was more of an apt/condo unit.

Or did she live more in a townhouse type structure? I was under the impression it was more of an apt/condo unit.

I'm pretty sure it's an apartment and has no back door.

I think they used pictures that they already had. Most of the recent ones of her were from her twitter, & social media. It could be as simple as the dad didn't know about them or how to get to them. Even the one driving in the car, it could simply be he didn't know how to print it. :dunno:

I also get the impression from her twitter that she didn't have the best relationship with at least her father. Particularly this one:

<Mod Snip>. :twocents:

I'm pretty sure it's an apartment and has no back door.

Waitasec, I looked on googlemaps & looks like there's sliding doors or French doors in the back of those apartments/condos.

What exactly do we know about the car from the time it was seen at PTL, and from what source?

Also, to be thorough but food for thought... There's a rso that lives very close to PTL and works at the golf course right behind Heather's place...

Someone here took a video of her condo. I'll see if I can find it.

I think they used pictures that they already had. Most of the recent ones of her were from her twitter, & social media. It could be as simple as the dad didn't know about them or how to get to them. Even the one driving in the car, it could simply be he didn't know how to print it. :dunno:

I also get the impression from her twitter that she didn't have the best relationship with at least her father. Particularly this one:

I don't have that impression at all. Her tweet about the butterfly tattoo was her making fun of somebody, I think it was another girl she didn't like.

Re the tattoos, I think her parents just maybe didn't want her to tatt her body all up so soon before she's established a career or at least knows exactly what she concretely wants to do in life.

The pic of her in her Kilt uniform shows her tattoos & it's on her missing poster.

I think that tweet is her saying that lower back tattoos are trashy, and girls who have them have "daddy issues". I don't think it was a comment on Heather's relationship with her own father.

The pic of her in her Kilt uniform is under a year old. TE also gave another pic that was taken just before she disappeared, but I forget which one that is. I'll look for the verbiage & coinciding pic then post it. For some reason, the wording I'm thinking of has TE saying it was from a few weeks before. I think...

If you are talking about the one that she is holding the little Yorkie dog it is in the photos on the FH page.

Yes, I've not been unable to unhear "roommates". Why did the reporter who NG was asking questions of utter "roommates" plural?

was it said in the context of being possessive?ei. The roommates' bed was a mess.

If police report is wrong about a simple thing as DOB (which I'm sure is on his license) it begs one to question what else they got wrong?

But it's an initial preliminary report. It could be viewed much in the same way as a rough draft for an essay. It's not the final official police report. It's only the preliminary report filled out to start the investigative portion of the case. There will probably be many more.

I don't buy at all that this is connected with other disappearances.

JMO but I still think this was someone she knew.

Could be both especially if it was a casual acquaintance or customer/lurker.

Jersey, my point was that one murdered young woman and now TWO recently missing young women... So a total of three women in 8 months were all students at the same college, AB, AP and HE. All very pretty and vibrant 20 something young women.

I don't have that impression at all. Her tweet about the butterfly tattoo was her making fun of somebody, I think it was another girl she didn't like.

Re the tattoos, I think her parents just maybe didn't want her to tatt her body all up so soon before she's established a career or at least knows exactly what she concretely wants to do in life.

The pic of her in her Kilt uniform shows her tattoos & it's on her missing poster.

How do you know? I didn't see any indication of her making fun of anyone, or is that just a guess? Or am I missing something? :waitasec:

I do agree with the second part, they didn't want her to have tattoos.

I think that tweet is her saying that lower back tattoos are trashy, and girls who have them have "daddy issues". I don't think it was a comment on Heather's relationship with her own father.

You could be right. There were others I saw, that gave me the impression she didn't have the best relationship with dad. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. :twocents:

I am wondering if the original poster was meaning someone else with similar initials? Like the person who posted bond, perhaps for one of the individuals?
I think this is where it might get confusing??

IMOO.

Talking about Amber the similarities to Heather's case is okay. Talking about anyone that posted bail is NOT okay.

Let's stay focused on Heather, here.

Salem

How do you know? I didn't see any indication of her making fun of anyone, or is that just a guess? Or am I missing something? :waitasec:

I do agree with the second part, they didn't want her to have tattoos.

You could be right. There were others I saw, that gave me the impression she didn't have the best relationship with dad. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. :twocents:

BBM. I also agree that it seems like she's making fun of someone who she doesn't particularly like. It's a pretty common joke in some circles that lower back tattoos on girls equate to daddy issues. I don't necessarily believe that's what a lower back tattoo means lol, but I've heard it mentioned more than once in relation to a tattoo in that area. I've also heard lower back tattoos called some non-forum-friendly names as well. Some people who have tattoos even make fun of others' tattoos and/or the placement on the body if they feel like the tattoos are too cliche or uninspired (ie: they feel like the person got the tattoos to be hip rather than express individuality).

A while back I said the car (or a replica) should be parked at PTL w/a picture of Heather (last one is best) & a giant sign on top saying HAVE YOU SEEN ME & poster? VI family member replied that they didn't think that would be wise . UNLESS people have recent visual reminders it's just going to fade away. I would think that wouldn't take much effort & since those 2 have been smacked down I believe that leaves a chill in the air to any outside searches,etc. It's not eactly as if LE has a good track record in finding missing persons. It is a tourist area.:moo::twocents:

I thought that was a good idea but I also can see why they didn't go for it. That is a local launch/hang out. With all the media /posters etc distributed (I wonder if there are posters at PTL) I'm sure if anybody saw something ,it would have been reported by now. Maybe if they had it(her in the car) on the posters in the beginning it would have helped.
When is the MB tourist season? peak season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater