British detectives fly to Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't believe either story. Management stealing a child and risk losing their jobs in a tourist area. Their livelihoods rely on tourists. Why would they jeopardize their careers and most of all give praia da luz a bad rap. It's nonsense.

Burglars see above post. Again nonsense. I'm not British but if I was and my tax dollars were being used, I'd want answers from the government.

I'm not saying they should stop investigating but wonder if they should look at other theories. So far it's gotten nowhere. Madeleine is still missing.

I did not take it too mean the robbers were management but worked for the management company the ocean club. There have been plenty of cases of people stealing from employers so its not out if the question they did work for the oc, and who knows why they may have taken madeleine, there could be numerous reasons.

[modsnip]

I did not take it too mean the robbers were management but worked for the management company the ocean club. There have been plenty of cases of people stealing from employers so its not out if the question they did work for the oc, and who knows why they may have taken madeleine, there could be numerous reasons.

[modsnip]

I'm referring to Haden's post. A direct quote from Brunt. Where in the quote do you see they worked for the management company? They were managers.

twit from Martin Brunt @ Sky News

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 19h
#madeleine Portuguese sources tell local media the three suspects Scot Yard identified are ex-staff of Ocean Club, managers of apartments

Bump for Brit

But according to Marin Brunt these staff-burglars are actually the apartment management workers ( Reported by Marin Brunt on twitter two days ago quoting his source as PT papers sources)

Not fired staff but the managers!

Bumping ....

Managers

Here we go with the gypsies again

Madeleine McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from holiday home where three year-old was snatched in 2007

According to reports, detectives from Scotland Yard are carrying out investigations into Meia Praia, a site seven miles from the holiday apartment in Praia da Luz where Madeleine disappeared in May 2007.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ree-year-old-snatched-2007.html#ixzz2sFzvX3x7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So now we have ex management gypsy thieves.

:facepalm:

Patience is a virture. Gonna sit back watch it unfold and pray for justice.

I admire the investigators, investigating what needs to be investigated, regardless of the public ridicule, if the was my child, I would leave no stone unturned regardless of public opinion, let the experts handle it. Moo

Not sure if this was posted.. latest news from Portugal

Judiciary looks for driver from the hotel where Maddie disappeared from

by José Manuel Oliveira

Praia da Luz. Man that they’re trying to find was responsible for driving tourists to and from Faro airport. He left the resort, worked at a bar and now seems to be unemployed

The Judiciary Police (PJ) was in Praia da Luz, looking for the former driver of a shuttle van from the Ocean Club tourist resort. It was from this location that Madeleine McCann, then aged 3, disappeared from the bedroom where she slept with her twin siblings, on the night of the 3rd of May of 2007, while her parents dined at a restaurant approximately 50 metres away.

“A few days ago, three men who identified themselves as belonging to the Judiciary Police were here and wanted to know where a man who used to work at the Ocean Club when Maddie disappeared resides. At the time, he used to transport tourists from Faro airport to the apartments at the Praia da Luz resort, where they would stay. Then, at the end of the holiday, he brought the clients to the airport so they could return to their home country. He used to use his cell phone all the time”, a resident of Praia da Luz who works at a hotel told DN.

The man, who is single and may now be 40 years old, later worked at a bar in the same village, and is considered to be “quiet and very polite”, DN was assured. At the moment, he is thought to be unemployed.

This new presence of members of the Judiciary in Praia da Luz appeared only days after four British investigators from the Scotland Yard met the head of the PJ’s Sothern Directory, Mota Carmo, and the coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of Portimão, Ana Paula Rito, on Tuesday morning in Faro. As DN mentioned at that time, the request for assistance from the Portuguese police to perform several diligences and which is specified within the rogatory letter that was sent to the Attorney General’s Office, which arrived at the PJ two weeks ago, was apparently on the table.

The English police wants the Portuguese authorities to question three individuals that they consider may be involved in the English child’s disappearance. The lead that is followed points towards the identification of those persons, who made several phone calls on the night that Madeleine McCann disappeared precisely in the area near the Ocean Club, where the family was spending holidays. There are suspicions from the English investigators that some of those three men may be involved in burglaries in that area of Praia da Luz.

Interest

In Praia da Luz, near Lagos, nobody seems to believe that Madeleine McCann will be found. And the few residents that sometimes still discuss the disappearance of the English child in 2007 only do so when there are news in the media – like this week, with the presence of Scotland Yard officers in the Algarve for meetings with heads of the Judiciary Police – or journalists in the village. “This case doesn’t move people anymore and it tends to fall into oblivion”, the president of Luz’s village hall, Victor Mata, told DN.

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=3665195

I want justice served so bad, I will hope against hope, I think shooting down everything is not doing anyone any good. Justice for Maddie. No stone unturned, what you think is ridiculous may hold the key. Moo

Here's Brunt's tweet:
Portuguese sources tell local media the three suspects Scot Yard identified are ex-staff of Ocean Club, managers of apartments

I think it is describing Ocean Club as managers of the apartments.
Yes, the comma between club and managers makes me think that he is saying the men were employed by the managers of the apartments who as we know were the ocean club. The way I read it he is not saying the men themselves were managers.

As for the gypsy story, ages ago hewletts son claimed his father claimed gypsies were involved so it would not be shocking if the police have at some point checked them out. The media know Madeleine sells papers so they are going to cone up with tenuiously linked stories all the time. I don't think it reflects the investigation.

Not sure if this was posted.. latest news from Portugal

Judiciary looks for driver from the hotel where Maddie disappeared from

by José Manuel Oliveira

Praia da Luz. Man that they’re trying to find was responsible for driving tourists to and from Faro airport. He left the resort, worked at a bar and now seems to be unemployed

The Judiciary Police (PJ) was in Praia da Luz, looking for the former driver of a shuttle van from the Ocean Club tourist resort. It was from this location that Madeleine McCann, then aged 3, disappeared from the bedroom where she slept with her twin siblings, on the night of the 3rd of May of 2007, while her parents dined at a restaurant approximately 50 metres away.

“A few days ago, three men who identified themselves as belonging to the Judiciary Police were here and wanted to know where a man who used to work at the Ocean Club when Maddie disappeared resides. At the time, he used to transport tourists from Faro airport to the apartments at the Praia da Luz resort, where they would stay. Then, at the end of the holiday, he brought the clients to the airport so they could return to their home country. He used to use his cell phone all the time”, a resident of Praia da Luz who works at a hotel told DN.

The man, who is single and may now be 40 years old, later worked at a bar in the same village, and is considered to be “quiet and very polite”, DN was assured. At the moment, he is thought to be unemployed.

This new presence of members of the Judiciary in Praia da Luz appeared only days after four British investigators from the Scotland Yard met the head of the PJ’s Sothern Directory, Mota Carmo, and the coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of Portimão, Ana Paula Rito, on Tuesday morning in Faro. As DN mentioned at that time, the request for assistance from the Portuguese police to perform several diligences and which is specified within the rogatory letter that was sent to the Attorney General’s Office, which arrived at the PJ two weeks ago, was apparently on the table.

The English police wants the Portuguese authorities to question three individuals that they consider may be involved in the English child’s disappearance. The lead that is followed points towards the identification of those persons, who made several phone calls on the night that Madeleine McCann disappeared precisely in the area near the Ocean Club, where the family was spending holidays. There are suspicions from the English investigators that some of those three men may be involved in burglaries in that area of Praia da Luz.

Interest

In Praia da Luz, near Lagos, nobody seems to believe that Madeleine McCann will be found. And the few residents that sometimes still discuss the disappearance of the English child in 2007 only do so when there are news in the media – like this week, with the presence of Scotland Yard officers in the Algarve for meetings with heads of the Judiciary Police – or journalists in the village. “This case doesn’t move people anymore and it tends to fall into oblivion”, the president of Luz’s village hall, Victor Mata, told DN.

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=3665195

Is he one of the burglars? Or is PJ doing their own investigation?

Ok so this has been bothering me. let's just say that all of the media hype about 3 burglars being suspected by SY is true (which I personally have pretty big doubts about in the first place). Wouldn't announcing this to the media tip them off and cause them to either hurt the Madeleine if she is still alive, or hide evidence otherwise, possibly even run? Just seems like it's one of those thinks they would want kept to minimum.

yes, but they were left and found shut. the gates found shut and latched, and the window and shutter open

I suppose it depends on who and what one believes to be the truth. I haven't read Kate's book nor Amaral's. I'm basing my opinions on what's been revealed in the media

Off topic.

So mini bus driver could be a witness, I guess. A witness to the abduction? Or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52