SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh... thread is moving at a lightening speed today! Trying to catch up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAR certified professional searchers are always preferred, yet when vast areas need searching, non certified volunteers are very valuable resources in missing/murdered persons cases, imo.

Just an FYI that shows why the overwhelming majority of volunteer searchers are there for the right reasons and will perform their duty conscienciously.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24338952/searchers-talk-about-discovery-of-human-remains-in-horry-county

Searchers talk about discovery of human remains in Horry County
Posted: Dec 31, 2013 <video>

Do we have a link to the actual video of the JVM interview? I want to try to watch it and see if maybe what he said was slightly different than what is in the transcript. (just a thought, maybe he said "I had not known of that name" meaning before this all happened) Thinking that he has a subtle southern accent and the person transcribing it might have mis-understood him. That would end a lot of this confusion. IDK it's worth a shot IMO

I don't believe there was any sign of a crime. LE has never indicated they have proof of foul play...no reason to hide that, IMO.

I also doubt Heather turned her phone off ever, even at work. Maybe the ringer. I think it is very odd no one seemed to be looking for her on the Wed. or Thursday. Wouldn't her roommate at least have been curious to see how she was? Did Heather go off the grid in the past? Her father had said they never went 24 hours without contact...and yet almost 48 hours passed in this case and he still was not worried, until police came. Just odd. Not suspicious.

Slightly O/T, I was watching the episode of "Disappeared" about Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 2006. Investigators always suspected her husband in her disappearance, but couldn't prove it, so didn't name him a POI. LE was especially dedicated to her case because they knew Margaret personally (small town, she was a firefighter). So 5 YEARS LATER the same investigators called in the FBI (said they wanted "fresh eyes"), and the husband was finally named as a POI. (Unfortunately, she has still not been located, nor has there been an arrest).

http://thealternativepress.com/articles/margaret-haddican-mcenroe-still-missing

The point of all this is that a POI can be named years later, as we've seen in other cases.

So, nobody is off the hook yet, imo.

And what a life that will be, if you're an unnamed POI, always looking over your shoulder wondering if LE is on your back.

I have never heard of the person filing the missing person report not getting the report or being able to. He reported her missing, I am gathering, after the car was discovered. We can't talk about how the name got on the report, but....TE spoke to the roommate that night and the roommate talked to LE and the report was filled out. LE said the violent ex wasn't identified when the report was concluded. It said who supplied the info, but we can't say. Let's just place our opinion. Either the roommate supplied it and it was discussed, the roommate supplied it and it was kept from TE or TE supplied it. I don't see how he didn't know. I am not buying it. Also, the police report with all the names was released on 1/17. So if he didn't have it, he would have seen it then. This was on 1/21. IMO, he knew the name.

All I can say is "Walk a mile in my shoes." And let's pray none of us ever have to.

I had to participate with another person in a TV interview once about a community event. If any of you have had to do this kind of spontaneous public speaking to a huge audience...unless you have made a living of it...it is stressful and uncomfortable even in ordinary circumstances. The other person in our interview agonized because she referred to something as "worthless" rather than "priceless" in regard to our community art collection.

Add to that, the weight of responsibility this man must have felt as he approached this interview ...as a rare opportunity to find this beloved daughter...hoping he could do his best and not let her down.

That question is confusing. I could not understand it immediately and I am not under stress or in front of a TV audience or carrying the burden of a missing child.

God bless this poor man. He is no liar IMO. He is not hiding anything or deceiving. He is an ordinary private man swept into a horrific public situation...where time seems to be running out for his child. This is no sleuthing game for him.

Walk a mile in his shoes...and see of every word one of us utters is the one we want...or every sentence EXACTLY what we meant to say.

But... no one knows who knows where Heather is. LE has not said anyone knows and it is very disturbing to me if the people are interfering in this investigation. Its not helping imo and it could very well hurt.

Actually ,yes, someone does know where she is.

This case is so very frustrating and I'm afraid it's essentially gone cold.

In fairness, no one knows what info TE may be privy to. Perhaps he has been led to believe by people he trusts of a likely scenario that can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt....yet.

I'm very uncomfortable judging TE's actions considering what he is going through without knowing everything he has been told.

No, your right we don't know what info Mr. Elvis knows. I am not nor do I think anyone is judging Mr. Elvis. I do however have a big problem with what the two guys did that were arrested. They are not law enforcement and had no business doing what they did. I am curious to know the extent of what they did.

My only concern is that the investigation has not been hurt and in my opinion I don't care how much you know or don't know you have to let law enforcement handle this. I'm disturbed at what is going on in the background and again in my opinion its doing more harm than good.

As for Heather's family... My heart goes out to them. I can't imagine my daughter missing. I think they need help dealing with this. Do they have anyone like an advocate helping them with this process?

Its beyond obvious that Heather's family love her very much and want her home.

it would be expected for te to put up missing posters all over the area and particularly in the vicinity of suspicious people. If i were an omw in this situation, i would have kicked that cheating sob to the curb!!! She definitely has grounds to take him to the cleaners.

The biggest victims here other than heather are her family. I don't know what it is like to have a missing family member but i lost a 20 year old brother in an accident (((my hands shake to even type that...tears...))) i have absolute and complete sympathy for te. I can't see him without thinking about my dad and what he suffered. How dare someone attack them? How can other parents have such a total lack of empathy? how dare someone complain about a father putting up missing posters for his daughter!!????

i pray for peace and justice for this family.

amen!

Look... Everyone here has a right to voice an opinion without the fear of being attacked for it. If you disagree with something we wrote then stick with what you disagree with and why.

Stop personalizing posts.

If you feel someone is attacking the family then alert on the post, ignore the post if you can't discuss it without making it personal.

Do not be rude to others because their opinion is different or if they disagree with yours.

Has the wife of the married man given an interview? If not, how do so many people know what she is thinking and what her personality is? Sorry to just leap in here....been reading and actually thought she had been named a POI by the tone of some posts...

I don't think that this is as big of a red flag as it seems. The E family and their supporters were antagonistic, threatening, and even harassing towards the M family from the very start, and then people are wondering why they aren't bending over backwards to help them. That's not the way to get them to cooperate. Remember, we don't know how cooperative or not they've been with LE. Supposedly, they have "lawyered up", but in their position, that's just prudent whether they are innocent or not. They haven't been cooperative with the E family, but I would not expect them to be considering the way the FHEFB mob has treated them.

If I was being accused of a crime I didn't commit, my attitude would be more "F-you" than trying to help. Someone trying to ruin my life, reputation...I would be furious. No way would I bend over backwards for these people. Maybe I would even hire a PR firm to work for me.

This is where my mind goes as well, but what gives me the itchy feeling is that if he honestly wanted to leave his wife like he said, then if she's responsible for something nefarious why wouldn't he use that against her to leave her? Is it possible that he didn't really wanna leave his wife but rather maybe wanted his cake & eat it too so to speak?

From my experience of personally dealing with a very manipulative & narcissistic significant other in the past, along with hours of researching manipulation tactics so that I can avoid falling prey to them in the future... somebody like that can make you TRULY believe you have no other option but to do what they want and they even manage to make you think it's what YOU want somehow... that it was your idea. Once they have you "under their spell" so to speak, they can make you believe all sorts of crazy things & do all sorts of crazy things that you would never think or do under different circumstances. It's how cult leaders brainwash millions of people and how Hitler convinced thousands that what they were doing was right & just. You should never underestimate the power of a sociopath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I can say is "Walk a mile in my shoes." And let's pray none of us ever have to.

I had to participate with another person in a TV interview once about a community event. If any of you have had to do this kind of spontaneous public speaking to a huge audience...unless you have made a living of it...it is stressful and uncomfortable even in ordinary circumstances. The other person in our interview agonized because she referred to something as "worthless" rather than "priceless" in regard to our community art collection.

Add to that, the weight of responsibility this man must have felt as he approached this interview ...as a rare opportunity to find this beloved daughter...hoping he could do his best and not let her down.

That question is confusing. I could not understand it immediately and I am not under stress or in front of a TV audience or carrying the burden of a missing child.

God bless this poor man. He is no liar IMO. He is not hiding anything or deceiving. He is an ordinary private man swept into a horrific public situation...where time seems to be running out for his child. This is no sleuthing game for him.

Walk a mile in his shoes...and see of every word one of us utters is the one we want...or every sentence EXACTLY what we meant to say.

Well said, stmarysmead. I worked in public safety and gave interviews to TV news reporters after numerous emergency incidents. I vividly remember the first time a mic & camera was stuck in my face, and it was decades ago..

The parents of a missing child never dreamed in their worst nightmares that they would be doing TV interviews pleading for their child's safe return. In a few weeks CUE will be holding their national missing persons conference and many parents and family members of the missing/murdered will be giving testimonials and TV interviews for their first time.. There will be a couple of hundred folks in the audience. Many of these folks gave their first testimonials and TV interviews years or even decades ago..

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube

So, if I'm understanding all this correctly, there is no MSM stating the locations of any search warrants served?

I feel like a hamster on a wheel. Going absolutely nowhere.

Well said, stmarysmead. I worked in public safety and gave interviews to TV news reporters after numerous emergency incidents. I vividly remember the first time a mic & camera was stuck in my face, and it was decades ago..

The parents of a missing child never dreamed in their worst nightmares that they would be doing TV interviews pleading for their child's safe return. In a few weeks CUE will be holding their national missing persons conference and many parents and family members of the missing/murdered will be giving testimonials and TV interviews for their first time.. Their will be a couple of hundred folks in the audience. Many of these folks gave their first interview years or even decades ago..

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube

There's a reason why celebrities get extensive media training before they do interviews. Parents of missing children don't. They are ordinary people who are just thrown onto major national shows, shows that they probably watched, where they recognize the person interviewing them, I am sure it's very intimidating. Plus, this is the worst time of their lives.

I'm getting so frustrated with the lack of .... anything! happening in this case. I just don't understand how a certain someone can NOT be named by LE as a POI. Just based on their history alone, and then throw in the phone call records.

Very discouraged. Can only imagine how Heather's dad is feeling.
Playing devil's advocate (pun not really intended)... Perhaps the phone records helped him more than hurt him. If the phone records show a pattern of them speaking regularly with each other, maybe it was something and someone else at PTL that night. Maybe it was just an unfortunate coincidence for him to choose that night to decide to tell HE he was leaving his wife.

Slightly O/T, I was watching the episode of "Disappeared" about Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 2006. Investigators always suspected her husband in her disappearance, but couldn't prove it, so didn't name him a POI. LE was especially dedicated to her case because they knew Margaret personally (small town, she was a firefighter). So 5 YEARS LATER the same investigators called in the FBI (said they wanted "fresh eyes"), and the husband was finally named as a POI. (Unfortunately, she has still not been located, nor has there been an arrest).

http://thealternativepress.com/articles/margaret-haddican-mcenroe-still-missing

The point of all this is that a POI can be named years later, as we've seen in other cases.

So, nobody is off the hook yet, imo.

And what a life that will be, if you're an unnamed POI, always looking over your shoulder wondering if LE is on your back.

I agree.

It is quite common in missing persons cases for LE to question the significant other of the missing person. The only thing unique about this case is the circumstances with the SO.

IMO, it is so important for LE to find what happened to HE and to find out who is responsible if she was murdered.

Only then will there be a final determination made whether or not the affair had anything to do with it or not. But LE has to continue to question anybody who had a close relationship with her and her last contacts.

How far would someone go to protect the union of their family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin