SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to do my absolute best to share a thought but to the mods I am trying to not break the rules on this.

There has been a significant amount of time that has passed since HE disappearance.

I looked again at some of her very close friends on SM and they are still stating how they are having nightmares and wish she would come home.

Most of the focus has been on certain identities and this has caused a huge storm that probably has hurt the investigation in some shape or form.

But here is the problem. This is from my own experience and I want feedback from other WS members who have been here for awhile.

Is this not the strangest missing case you have seen to this date ?

From all the local and national exposure the family has generated through SM which has led to National Media Coverage.

Even though a reasonable person reading all the Media released information would think "oh yeah that party did it" but yet from all the public information released there is "nothing concrete" or in LE terms Probable.

I truly 200% support and praise the HCPD for all their hard work on this case and keeping their investigations on track and not falling apart as others attempted.

I am not a psychic or anything but I was sitting at my desk today thinking. If there was that possibility where would she be ?

Except he lied at the beginning. Said last he saw Heather was in October. Then finally admitted to talking to her the night she disappeared but only admitted to calling her to tell her to leave him alone. That is different than what the phone records tell as its reported there was back and forth contact between both of them up until 6:00 am.

This doesn't even strike me as a lie. Talking to someone on the phone is not the same as seeing them. If you asked me about the last time I saw my brother, I'd say last September, even though I talk to him regularly.

Maybe I'm more literal-minded than the average. But even if we were talking about somebody missing, I'd figure there was a difference between seeing somebody -- being able to physically account for them -- talking to them on the phone -- where they might or might not be where they said -- or texting with them -- where they might not even be the person I thought I was talking to.

In Heathers twitter- looking into extensively-I noticed many remarks about CCU? hmmmmm
HE replied to 2 different ppl most often
There was a VERY interesting story tweeted amongst them..

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=973903#.UvCZlLR22So
Women report waking up to strange men in their apartments near CCU
by Marc Liverman
mliverman@wpde.com
Posted: 11.20.2013 at 10:26 AM
Updated: 11.20.2013 at 3:45 PM

Conway, Apartments Broken into, Carolina Road, Hicks Circle on Nov 18.2013

Has anyone ever been caught?? I don't know areas,but was this anywhere near Heathers place?? Could this same perp have broken into Heathers?? Since CCU is a very common thread amongst her circle,I wonder if there might be some connection???I believe Heather was attending CCU,and an MSM story said she was now attending online??Coincidence,or ????

also,was Heather in a sorority?? I keep seeing Γφβ popping up?

I graduated from CCU & Gamma Phi Beta is definitely one of their larger sororities... but I personally haven't heard anything about HE attending classes there. It's likely she has a lot of friends who do/did though and I imagine some of them could be in that sorority. I don't think a lot of CCU students live at River Oaks though and it's not close enough to the school where someone would assume it was filled with college student. Most students live in apartments closer to the school on 544 or in the middle of Carolina Forest like Canterbury, Turnberry Park, or Seaside Grove... from what I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowyowl, do you remember where you read that? As far as I've found, Heather didn't attend school at CCU. She did attend college previously at HGTC, and more recently online through Ashworth College. Her father said she started taking online classes in an interview posted online. Heather herself posted on her FB that she attends Ashworth. Ashworth is an online college.

https://www.facebook.com/heatherachellelvis

This doesn't even strike me as a lie. Talking to someone on the phone is not the same as seeing them. If you asked me about the last time I saw my brother, I'd say last September, even though I talk to him regularly.

Maybe I'm more literal-minded than the average. But even if we were talking about somebody missing, I'd figure there was a difference between seeing somebody -- being able to physically account for them -- talking to them on the phone -- where they might or might not be where they said -- or texting with them -- where they might not even be the person I thought I was talking to.
Also, it's not a good thing for a husband to be caught cheating on his wife, and for most men (women too) the first instinct would probably be one of self preservation, rather than to confess, and when caught, to try to blame it on the other party. Particularly if it was really just a fling. I can also imagine he might have been using the "leaving the wife" ploy to try to get to see her in person again.

I agree but it's the semantics of it all that bother me. He admitted to calling Heather to say leave him alone basically. That was that. Then more up to date records surface and it becomes known he actually had calls back and forth with her until around 6:00 am. That's what I was referring to as a lie, bc he led them to believe it was only a call. A call is singular but calls back & forth throughout the early morning hours are multiple. So I question it.

Again, could still be innocent of any & all wrongdoing.

I agree but it's the semantics of it all that bother me. He admitted to calling Heather to say leave him alone basically. That was that. Then more up to date records surface and it becomes known he actually had calls back and forth with her until around 6:00 am. That's what I was referring to as a lie, bc he led them to believe it was only a call. A call is singular but calls back & forth throughout the early morning hours are multiple. So I question it.

Again, could still be innocent of any & all wrongdoing.

It only gradually came out in the media, that's true, but we don't know what he told LE. He might have said, "I haven't seen her since October, but we exchanged calls last night," and the reporter paraphrased poorly. We just don't know.

We know almost nothing and quite a lot of what we have been told is contradictory. I've begun to think OM is a smokescreen...

Also, it's not a good thing for a husband to be caught cheating on his wife, and for most men (women too) the first instinct would probably be one of self preservation, rather than to confess, and when caught, to try to blame it on the other party. Particularly if it was really just a fling. I can also imagine he might have been using the "leaving the wife" ploy to try to get to see her in person again.

I have no comment or opinion on the affair and whether he tried to cover that up. I'm just saying that we don't know whether he lied to police about the phone calls or anything else. He may have, but what's been in the media might as easily be poor reporting as anything he said or didn't say.

Terry Elvis is amazing. I'd be proud to have him as a father, brother, family, friend - and I'll bet his wife is proud as well. He seems like such a genuine good man.

No discussion about what's on the FHEFB page, not even a check it out sort of thing. Its not allowed here period.

If or when Mr. Elvis talks to the main stream media what he says can be discussed from the point of view not facebook.

From my experience of personally dealing with a very manipulative & narcissistic significant other in the past, along with hours of researching manipulation tactics so that I can avoid falling prey to them in the future... somebody like that can make you TRULY believe you have no other option but to do what they want and they even manage to make you think it's what YOU want somehow... that it was your idea. Once they have you "under their spell" so to speak, they can make you believe all sorts of crazy things & do all sorts of crazy things that you would never think or do under different circumstances. It's how cult leaders brainwash millions of people and how Hitler convinced thousands that what they were doing was right & just. You should never underestimate the power of a sociopath.

Good post, cujenn81, and so true..
'Imo, the percentage of sociopaths/psychopaths is much higher than the estimated four percent of the population'..

http://www.forbes.com/2010/11/19/sociopath-boss-work-forbes-woman-leadership-office-evil.html

The Sociopath In The Office Next Door

Four percent of the global population is made up of sociopaths, Dr. Martha Stout, psychologist and clinical instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, tells us in her book The Sociopath Next Door. That means one out of every 25 human beings has no conscience, no sense of right or wrong, no empathy, no ability to understand emotion–no soul. Worse, while they can mimic emotion, they see other humans as mere pawns or saps, to be used for their benefit or amusement, or both.

Add that to the fact that science now is questioning whether there is any difference at all between sociopaths and psychopaths, and that those with narcissistic personality disorder also have some of the same characteristics (an inability to care about anyone but themselves), it means that “evil” is all around us, even at work.

Sociopaths lie with impunity, cast blame where it does not belong, humiliate and berate their direct reports or colleagues. They set up coworkers, betray confidences and undercut good work because it is a threat to them.

Some start life by killing small animals, while others are not that obvious. Regardless, they progress to more mayhem as they go. And, while some go on to become full-fledged serial killers, or Bernie Madoffs, others channel their efforts closer to home or the workplace.

Maybe some claims were fabricated in order to shut the guy up by signing a complaint against him. Some people know how to work the police. The total defense for Casey Anthony knew all about that, including family members too, that took to the airwaves & internet to feel things out and figure which way to go.

But here is the problem. This is from my own experience and I want feedback from other WS members who have been here for awhile.

I have read hundreds of cases on here and this one is up there with being strange. It feels like there is just one small piece missing that, if we had it, everything would make total sense. This case has been, by far, the hardest case to sleuth about on here. I've never been so worried about breaking the rules before.

Sometimes I think the internet works better for criminals to get off than it is for putting them behind bars. It scares me.

No discussion about what's on the FHEFB page, not even a check it out sort of thing. Its not allowed here period.

If or when Mr. Elvis talks to the main stream media what he says can be discussed from the point of view not facebook.

Thank you! Sheesh, It's like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, and there isn't even anything there. :rolleyes: Anything new anyway.

If there has been any criticism of TE, I would imagine it came from the article published yesterday. I completely understand his frustration, but threatening people just won't help. I don't believe he purposefully lied in any interview. :twocents:

Terry Elvis, father of Heather Elvis, is mentioned in three of the reports – twice as an “other entity” and once as a “suspect.”

In one report, a witness said Terry Elvis photographed the Moorer home and made threats.

The report also states he placed missing persons posters on a sign indicating a nearby driveway is private.

Two other reports said Elvis has been driving by Moorer’s house on several occasions. Elvis couldn’t be reached for comment either.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9e6c8c96-8cec-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html

Honestly. Wow. This case could turn on a dime. I just can't believe all this.

What say you, Sidney Moorer? Let's hear you and your wife speak out about your whereabouts on the night/morning in question. Any innocent person would want to do this.

Jmo

Sometimes I think the internet works better for criminals to get off than it is for putting them behind bars. It scares me.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but it also scares me that the internet might be responsible for putting innocent people behind bars too.

I am going to do my absolute best to share a thought but to the mods I am trying to not break the rules on this.

There has been a significant amount of time that has passed since HE disappearance.

I looked again at some of her very close friends on SM and they are still stating how they are having nightmares and wish she would come home.

Most of the focus has been on certain identities and this has caused a huge storm that probably has hurt the investigation in some shape or form.

From all the local and national exposure the family has generated through SM which has led to National Media Coverage.

Even though a reasonable person reading all the Media released information would think "oh yeah that party did it" but yet from all the public information released there is "nothing concrete" or in LE terms Probable.

I truly 200% support and praise the HCPD for all their hard work on this case and keeping their investigations on track and not falling apart as others attempted.

I am not a psychic or anything but I was sitting at my desk today thinking. If there was that possibility where would she be ?

I agree that this is a strange case! One of the biggest differences I see is the vigilante justice aspect. I haven't seen that in any other cases. There are too many people that won't or can't let the police do their job. I admit I tend to be on the side of LE most of the time. Do they screw up? Of course. Intentionally, I don't think so.

What scares me is that someone is going to screw up this case and make it a defense attorney's dream. I'm referring to people interfering. I get the impression from the article yesterday, that they have still been pursuing legitimate leads. That's why they charged the 2 with obstruction.

I also think they took into consideration TE's emotional state, and that is the only reason he has not been charged with anything. (for making threats)

As hard as it is to accept, I have said before and will say it again..... This case will go nowhere until Heather is found. Period.

I have faith in LE.

Also, wanted to add - I'm not sure of the laws in SC, but people seem to be complaining about not getting information. I think many of us have been spoiled by states where info is readily available. Ie: Florida sunshine laws, where just about everything is made public. :twocents:

Thank you! Sheesh, It's like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, and there isn't even anything there. :rolleyes: Anything new anyway.

Maybe so... but, I certainly smell smoke from the next theater over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member